Scottish Fitba 19Th December - Page 8 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Fitba 19Th December

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got to quantify this, because I was posting on my phone before.

Firstly, anyone that doesn't believe that on today's performance that Aberdeen can't win the league is a feckin idiot.

Secondly....and i@m trying t be kind to my KIllie pals here.....KIlmarnock were the most abject, pathetic excuse for a football team in the top divisionI I've ever seen.

Awful, awful, awful. No fans, no talent, no tactics, nothing. They need to be relegated, and let a decent team in there.

What does the number of fans got to do with how a team performs?

We're rank rotten, we regularly concede 4 at home. It's a wonder anyone still turns up.

I was expecting a bigger support from Aberdeen yesterday btw.

They adored him as a player- so presume it would be a popular appointment. That being said I think the killy fans would take anyone over their current manager he is that unpopular. Hearts legend does not endear you to Kilmarnock.

What planet do you live on? Do you just make stuff up as you go along?

Adored? Behave. The fat ##### was booed towards the end.

Dunno m8 and the fact that there's no obvious candidate is pointed to as some as a reason for hanging onto Ronny.

Not for me tho, I would bump him now and if they don't have someone in mind put Collins in temporary charge and spend some time seeing who's out there

Moyes? Not saying that would be the correct appointment BTW, but I could see it happening.

Moyes? Not saying that would be the correct appointment BTW, but I could see it happening.

I like him. I thought he did a terrific job at Everton and Preston. The last two gigs he's had have been really tough. Who could possibly have followed Fergie? He could have played it safe but then went to la liga and will only be the better for that experience. I'm not saying he'll get offered it I doubt the board will show any real teeth until there's a viable challenge from Govan. Aberdeen are doing grand at the minute but they don't have the financial clout to crank it up that wee bit to cause any panic in the boardroom.

No Robroysboy's right it was a big event. 10,000 fans turned up at the open day to see him, his TV show got filmed at the Grand Hall in front of another huge crowd, scored a hat-trick v Hearts and earned a Scotland recall.

That season was tremendous, we were running Rangers close until after the new year. The wheels came off big time after the winter break though...

I used to think that but we keep missing chances to claw it back. We're too far back now and will need top 4 form to get out of it, and I just can't see it.

Big game on Saturday. Really is a proverbial 6 pointer. We look a better, fitter, more confident team under McGhee, and I can't see you catching us if you don't hit a run of form like Ross County did last year if we win on Saturday.

No Robroysboy's right it was a big event. 10,000 fans turned up at the open day to see him, his TV show got filmed at the Grand Hall in front of another huge crowd, scored a hat-trick v Hearts and earned a Scotland recall.

That season was tremendous, we were running Rangers close until after the new year. The wheels came off big time after the winter break though...

I never really got the hysteria.

I remember that ##### Williamson shafting Paul Wright towards the end and Mccoist trying to steal the limelight at Wrights farewell.

I think the song went "I'd rather have a Wrighty than a hun" Remember that getting big licks towards the end of the season at Dens.

That's how I remember it as well. grabbed the ball for a penalty against Rangers and missed the feckin' thing, he was cheered from their end and booed from ours. From my memory, bairns and lassies were delighted with the signing, and aside from a hat trick against Hearts reality had set in and his legs were fecked.

Also missed a one on one at Parkhead... #####! :(

Big game on Saturday. Really is a proverbial 6 pointer. We look a better, fitter, more confident team under McGhee, and I can't see you catching us if you don't hit a run of form like Ross County did last year if we win on Saturday.

Yeah it's a big weekend at the top and the bottom of the premiership. Gutted I can't make it up to Dundee.

Yeah it's a big weekend at the top and the bottom of the premiership. Gutted I can't make it up to Dundee.

Bit of a shitty fixture for me too.

If we were at home or within half an hour I'd have been able to go.

(You could argue that we're pretty spoiled in Scotland, complaining about that trip!)

Bit of a shitty fixture for me too.

If we were at home or within half an hour I'd have been able to go.

(You could argue that we're pretty spoiled in Scotland, complaining about that trip!)

Aye I'd say so! More so because I'm trapped on bute for Christmas!

No trains either is a bit of a farce for Boxing Day

To be fair you lot spent a fortune of bank money that wasn't yours on guys like McCoist and the piles of guys on further seasons. You done well on a number of consecutive seasons buying and paying stupid money while other clubs who lived within their means suffered the drop. Killie were one of the worst clubs around for this. Something that is conveniently forgotten about when we all collectively bash the bigger clubs.

To be fair you lot spent a fortune of bank money that wasn't yours on guys like McCoist and the piles of guys on further seasons. You done well on a number of consecutive seasons buying and paying stupid money while other clubs who lived within their means suffered the drop. Killie were one of the worst clubs around for this. Something that is conveniently forgotten about when we all collectively bash the bigger clubs.

I think you'll find that signing was bank rolled by a board member /sponsor.

Vast majority of the debt was due to that daft hotel.

Just like when we bought your best player it was paid for by our director at the time.

Feel free to spout more pish if you want though.

I think you'll find that signing was bank rolled by a board member /sponsor.

Vast majority of the debt was due to that daft hotel.

Just like when we bought your best player it was paid for by our director at the time.

Feel free to spout more pish if you want though.

As much as I honestly admire clubs like Killie(us small boys must stick together) you did have a number of years when you were paying stupid wages to players nullifying similar sized clubs. The money wasn't Killie's. No better than the currant buns.

Not to say we didn't spend money from the bank, we did but millions of the debt was a loan for the hotel and subsequent interest payments.

The hotel was meant to provide cash flow for the club in summer etc and so that we didn't need to take out loans / overdrafts and be self sufficient.

Good idea in theory but badly executed. Should have been a separate from the club.