Scottish Fitba 19Th December - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Fitba 19Th December

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great result and will hopefully give them confidence to move out of bottom three and challenge for top six.

Don't fancy a play off against hibs, rangers or Falkirk.

Great for neutrals but I don't fancy it as a fan who's team is involved.

Good to see you have added Falkirk into the mix Brian :ok:

I've said it before and i'll say it again. With this current Celtic team we have, it would be some achievement to win the league.

Have to say I'm surprised by the lack of consistency in Celtic this season. Didn't see that result coming today at all.

Delia's coat on a shoogly nail?

Have to say I'm surprised by the lack of consistency in Celtic this season. Didn't see that result coming today at all.

I would have thought so, but the club is being run terribly from top to bottom. When your main man is Lee ing Griffiths, serious questions must be raised.

What questions would you like to raise then?

34 goal in 52 games (according to wikipedia at least) would suggest he's earned his place at the club.

You and I both know he's a mediocre striker in the grand scheme of things. His record is excellent, i can't dispute that, but he is not good enough if we really want to achieve things both at home and abroad. He's a bit of a flat track bully really and his performances in Europe this season were shocking. Add into the mix that he's racist whank, then thats where the questions come from.

In addition, the fact that as you say 'he has earned his place at the club' is a sign of how far we have fallen rather than him being a striker of any great quality. The most depressing thing however is the fact that there is no one behind him that i'd rather have in the team.

I would have thought so, but the club is being run terribly from top to bottom. When your main man is Lee ######ing Griffiths, serious questions must be raised.

I think the Celtic midfield is the problem. They don't seem to protect the defence properly and there's no real quality creative player.

Celtic always had an entertainer like DiCanio but the beat you have just nows Commons who is a shadow of his former self.

I think the Celtic midfield is the problem. They don't seem to protect the defence properly and there's no real quality creative player.

Celtic always had an entertainer like DiCanio but the beat you have just nows Commons who is a shadow of his former self.

It's a fair point, Biton naturally seems like the defensive midfielder but given our lack of creativity, at times this season he's tried to do a lot of the creating to the detriment of his defensive duties.

We've not had a typical number 10 for years and we have been crying out for one for years. I was in Istanbul last week and thought Allan done ok in that role, but we just don't seem to be giving him a run of games. Whether thats down to fitness or because Delia doesn't fancy him, I don't know. In fact, on reflection, its looking clearer that the only reason we signed him was to piss you guys off, which is frankly embarrassing.

If Dermot has to come off the golf course and fly in for a review you'll know. Until that happens Ronny is safe unfortunately!