Paris - Page 35 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The daily pash said that aswell about her head going through the window so surely it was a mans head that went through the window.

At this point it could have been a vase ....

alex thomson @alextomo 15m15 minutes ago

Brussels metro shut and football matches postponed because of security alert passed to Brussels by French

alex thomson @alextomo 12m12 minutes ago

Brussels at highest security threat level four "serious threat of imminent attack". People advised not to gather in crowds.

alex thomson @alextomo 15m15 minutes ago

Brussels metro shut and football matches postponed because of security alert passed to Brussels by French

alex thomson @alextomo 12m12 minutes ago

Brussels at highest security threat level four "serious threat of imminent attack". People advised not to gather in crowds.

All augurs well for the Davis Cup next week

I think this is maybe part of the point some TAMBers were trying to make re coverage (maybe part of your point Lamia - although I've not read everything here in detail?)

John Simpson: British Media Is 'Grotesquely Selective' In Reporting Terror Attacks

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/11/19/john-simpson-british-media-grotesquely-selective-in-reporting-terror-attacks_n_8606888.html

I think this is maybe part of the point some TAMBers were trying to make re coverage (maybe part of your point Lamia - although I've not read everything here in detail?)

John Simpson: British Media Is 'Grotesquely Selective' In Reporting Terror Attacks

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/11/19/john-simpson-british-media-grotesquely-selective-in-reporting-terror-attacks_n_8606888.html

What.a terrific article. I really really like John Simpson now.

His views on political reporting are interesting too

i talked about that in another thread Scooby

Posted Today, 15:07

phart, on 07 Sept 2015 - 2:32 PM, said:snapback.png

I actually went and read the article. Being totally lied to about the situation in Syria, in the same way about Iraq. George Osborne is a snake in the grass. A puppet spouting what he is told to spout. I said much earlier in the thread it's interesting to see emotive pictures displayed because it isn't something normally done mainstream. Now linking the refugee crisis to the vote in 2013 is total sophistry. the 2013 parliamentary debate was to attack Assad to deter him from using chemical weapons (which was never established by the way). It's the western/Israeli/Saudi alliance that funded the insurgents that are actually causing the refugee's. Assads family has been in power for decades, and no mass refugee events occurred, in fact they dealt with the majority of the Iraqi refugees in the previous gulf operations. It was the establishment of first "Free Syria Army" by Saudi and Qatar with ground and air support from the Israeli's. Which then morphed into what we have today across Iraq and Syria.

Theres ######ing pictures of John McCain having meetings with ISIS commanders a couple of years back. http://www.huffingto..._n_3359166.html

Good ol Israel in there doing their part for world peace. (taking ZERO refugees ofc)

"Initial reports from the IDF stated that this was only for medical care for civilians, but that story fell apart when the UN observers identified direct contact between IDF forces and ISIS soldiers, including giving medical care to ISIS fighters. Observations even included the transfer of two crates from the IDF to ISIS forces, the contents of which have not been confirmed at this time. Further the UN report identified what the Syrians label a crossing point of forces between Israel and ISIS, a point of concern brought before the UN Security Council. This report from the UN strengthens the claims by the Syrian regime that Israel is heavily involved in operations within the nation."

http://www.addicting.../isis-idf-link/

This is the UN reporting the above.

Who needs Wings i was talking about this sophistry back in September as trying to change the narrative.

Amazing that someone in his position can get confused like that. Shows what a mess the situation is when a foreign correspondant doesn't know who's on what side.

It's not confusion it's an attempt to rewrite history. Been on going for a couple of months now.

I’d not heard of Krikorian so did some research. He’s executive director of a right-wing think-tank, the Centre for Immigration Studies in the US. On the face of it it appears respectable enough. However, apparently somebody called John Tanton helped to start it up in the 1980s. Allegations by the Southern Poverty Law Centre and wall Street Journal connect Tanton with white supremacist groups and eugenics:

Now I can't comment on the veracity of these claims and the SPLC obviously have their own agenda and critics. There are other critics of the Centre for Immigration Studies and criticisms of bias in the research they publish. Folk on here can do their own research and make up their own minds, if they’re interested or can be bothered. No doubt they’ll be dismissed by some on here as ‘smearing’ and simply trying to suppress open debate on immigration by crying ‘racist’.

Krikorian is a very vocal critic of immigration, popular as an interviewee in the right-wing media and there are many other examples of his viewpoint online.
This is what he has to say about the current refugee situation and the idea of them coming to America:
Suffice it to say, none of this has any resonance whatsoever for me.
I believe in being able to have open and frank discussions about immigration, but have no particular axe to grind. I feel strongly that in the present climate of fear and suspicion, it’s even more important for all sections of a community to pull together, regardless of ethnicity or religious persuasion and to avoid potentially divisive or inflammatory rhetoric.