Paris - Page 29 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont know if its been mentioned but skys Kay Burley commented when seeing a labrador on the streets of Paris look at the poor dogs sad eyes.

Some of the comments on twitter about it have been hilarious.

Aye it was mentioned further back in the thread she's an idiot

So - will they ever find him or will we hunt him for a few years then apparently "take him out" in a "targeted" strike in Syria.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34859082

It honestly wouldn't surprise me that he wasn't the mastermind and he is actually dead.

It's always good to keep a bogey man in the cupboard. Makes the kids behave better.

Reading some stuff over the last few days, one of the stories doing the rounds was that a suicide bomber had travelled from syria as refugee and had been identified by a fingerprint which registered him in Greece in September/October. Has this been confirmed or are the government putting this stuff out there to suit their agenda?

Reading some stuff over the last few days, one of the stories doing the rounds was that a suicide bomber had travelled from syria as refugee and had been identified by a fingerprint which registered him in Greece in September/October. Has this been confirmed or are the government putting this stuff out there to suit their agenda?

who is going to confirm it other than a/the government?

Reading some stuff over the last few days, one of the stories doing the rounds was that a suicide bomber had travelled from syria as refugee and had been identified by a fingerprint which registered him in Greece in September/October. Has this been confirmed

No

Still early days, but conspiracy theories already gathering.

Hidden agenda's and political gain will be played out- vote for us- we'll keep you safe!

A Syrian passport was found close to one of the suicide bombers at Stade de France. This passport is believed to be a fake that was made in Turkey. A passport with the same number was apparently used in Greece a few months ago. The French police haven't been able to positively identify the bomber yet and so have no idea if he was the man who passed through Greece or not.

There are a number of possible explanations, some of which are:

1. The passport was planted by the bomber - or the authorities if you are a conspiracy theorist - in order to put suspicion onto refugees. This is a distinct possibility as it seems surprising that a passport would survive a close blast. Also police seem to be having difficulty identifying some of the other terrorists, presumably because they don't have criminal records and don't have their passports on them.

2. The bomber is not a Syrian but is using fake Syrian documentation to conceal his true identity. This is a possibility but it would appear intuitive that if you were looking to avoid suspicion, you would have fake ID from another Schengen country.

3. The bomber was from Syria and came in posing as a refugee. Possible, but given that all the other terrorists that have been identified so far have been French borne and either living in France or Belgium, that would seem unlikely. He could be French of course and posed as a refugee but given that from what little we know about the others, they all seem to have been in Syria at some point and don't seem to have had much problem getting back into Europe, I doubt they've been posing as refugees to do that.

Guess which option the MSM are focussing on though. That said, whenever you see anyone interviewed who looks like they know what they are talking about, they don't give the refugee theory much credence.

This isis situiation is going to have an impact on people's loyalties to the SNP... Many wont like the stance which sturgeon has chosen..IMO the clever political thing would have been to keep her head down and say as little as possible...I dont know about anyone else but the snp's posturing around the refugee crisis/imigrants ect has received a less than warm welcome from members of the party i know.. There are 7 people i know who have canceled their membership and two independence supporting friends on face book have said they are glad we never got independence due to her stance!!sturgeon has not got the political intelligence that salmond has!! Theres no way he would have popped his head above the parapet as she has done,,, its very naive if you ask me...we will win this holyrood elections but i only see bad thing from then on in,,,

Edited by hampden_loon2878

This isis situiation is going to have an impact on people's loyalties to the SNP... Many wont like the stance which sturgeon has chosen..IMO the clever political thing would have been to keep her head down and say as little as possible...I dont know about anyone else but the snp's posturing around the refugee crisis/imigrants ect has received a less than warm welcome from members of the party i know.. There are 7 people i know who have canceled their membership and two independence supporting friends on face book have said they are glad we never got independence due to her stance!!sturgeon has not got the political intelligence that salmond has!! Theres no way he would have popped his head above the parapet as she has done,,, its very naive if you ask me...we will win this holyrood elections but i only see bad thing from then on in,,,

Showing compassion towards refugees will always annoy and upset a minority. It's naive to think the first minister of Scotland can sail along and not say anything about the major issues affecting the world. If you're not happy with the snp stance on this then maybe consider voting for someone else.

Maybe you should consider finding yourself some new friends? The folk that you seem to hang around with don't sound like very nice people, to me.

If you don't like the SNP don't vote for them.

If people have the view that showing compassion to refugees is a bad thing then they are in the wrong party to begin with and the SNP is better off without them.

Its the general vibe i am receiving from the many oil platforms i travel too,, i am sick fed up trying to defend the snp to people who say they "will not recieve my vote again" i cant be the only one on here who has came across this??? the commebt she made about taking a refugee into her house keeps coming up time and again... I dont gree with their stance on the refugee crisis myself so its hard fir me to defend them

Maybe you should consider finding yourself some new friends? The folk that you seem to hang around with don't sound like very nice people, to me.

If you don't like the SNP don't vote for them.

They are voting for other parties,thats what worries me,,, is this across the board? I think its more widespread than most think

Showing compassion towards refugees will always annoy and upset a minority. It's naive to think the first minister of Scotland can sail along and not say anything about the major issues affecting the world. If you're not happy with the snp stance on this then maybe consider voting for someone else.