November Friendly/friendlies - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

November Friendly/friendlies

ProudScot

Given that the SFA expec/hope/wish to be in the play-offs, they usually not organising anything too far in advance, then when we finish 3rd or 4th we're left with a late friendly organised against whoever doesn't have a game. Very frustrating to see the majority of other European nations get these sorted out before us.

Surely the November friendly is the perfect time for a debrief and sort out any mistakes of the last campaign, particularly the last 4 (or 3) qualifiers.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't we need to start looking at the rankings and work out who we need to play based on working our way up the seedlings? Pretty sure that's what Wales did, they didn't get to be a pot 1 team based just on their competitive games: in the last World Cup qualifiers they beat us home and away but I'm pretty sure they lost every other game.

We need all the help we can get in qualifying (I know it doesn't always work out that way - you can be in pot 2 and get a murderous group, or be pot 4 and get something manageable).

Wasn't there someone who had a website and studied the rankings and worked out who was best for us to play? Think they offered to help the SFA and they weren't interested IIRC...?

this one

http://www.football-rankings.info/

From memory Spain, France, Germany, England, Belgium, Poland, Iceland, Czechs, Netherlands and Estonia all have 2 games. Italy possibly as well.

Tartanpar will be all over it :-)

Currently doing overtime (to pay for the November game) but will post something tonight. Unfortunately not many decent options left.

The one team sticking out without a game is Northern Ireland.

Edited by tartanpar

Currently doing overtime (to pay for the November game) but will post something tonight. Unfortunately not many decent options left.

The one team sticking out without a game is Northern Ireland.

Might just let a travel point lapse. There's a million and one places in the world I'd like to go to but Belfast certainly isn't one of them

Might just let a travel point lapse. There's a million and one places in the world I'd like to go to but Belfast certainly isn't one of them

There us nothing to suggest it is Northern Ireland but it is a team close by who haven't confirmed anything, want to play one home game in November (on the Friday I believe) and are also sponsored by Vauxhall.

There us nothing to suggest it is Northern Ireland but it is a team close by who haven't confirmed anything, want to play one home game in November (on the Friday I believe) and are also sponsored by Vauxhall.

I'd be up for Belfast. Never been and good links.

How about a Saturday game 15:00? Or is that too mental?

J

For the last year we have been watching a pish Scotland team, and you want more?

Yes you don't get better without practicing.

Always hate watching the whole world playing football on international dates while our players are watching the football on the TV.

Yes you don't get better without practicing.

Always hate watching the whole world playing football on international dates while our players are watching the football on the TV.

Couldn't agree more on both counts.

Very disappointing if we don't play at all.

why? Went there to watch the hibernians v glentoran and had great time,the police opened up the gates at halftime so young fans could swap scarfs etc . 30 minutes on a plane, nae need to change money and half the prices of Edinburgh. Proper Irish pubs with musicians and nae America tourists or stag nights