November Friendly/friendlies - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

November Friendly/friendlies

ProudScot

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wales England and ROI all annoucning friendlies for next year, whats the odds we announce Qatar away a fortnight before

The Wales game is next month not next year. ROI and England have announced games for next March.

The Ireland one is a strange one unless they are likely to be in the same pot for the finals - if Ireland qualify.

The Wales game is next month not next year. ROI and England have announced games for next March.

The Ireland one is a strange one unless they are likely to be in the same pot for the finals - if Ireland qualify.

Had a quick look on uefa site and doesn't look like they are, although not sure what difference the playoffs will make to the coefficients. Perhaps an agreement if they draw each other they won't play.

Don't think we should have a friendly this year but I do think we should have as many as possible next year to blood some younger players..... Be bit annoyed if we have same squad of players and don't try sOne new ones

Thats the problem. There isn't that many chances to play next year before the qualifiers. 2 dates in March, unlikely to play anymore than twice at the end of the season then one date a few days before the Malta game. November was the perfect chance to play a couple of low key friendlies and play squad players and try out something new.

It's a pathetic approach.

If we have real aspirations around world cup 2018 we should be straight back into game mode.

WGS should be using every possible moment to shape the team and try out 3 or 4 new players.

Very disappointing, but if it earned the SFA £500k you would be guaranteed a game.

Useless feckers

It's a pathetic approach.

If we have real aspirations around world cup 2018 we should be straight back into game mode.

WGS should be using every possible moment to shape the team and try out 3 or 4 new players.

Very disappointing, but if it earned the SFA £500k you would be guaranteed a game.

Useless feckers

?

We have no chance of world cup qualification if WGS is worried about or morale in friendlies.

Let's just pack it in now.

Must be WGS lowest point for us.

I do wonder about that too. WTF ?!

Boo, hoo!

We need to play matches, try players, gain experience and get over it.

Folk need to calm down.

We've had a home and away double header September and October and the next competitive game is not till September 2016. There's no harm in taking November off, planning for a match in March against opposition and at a venue the manager thinks would be of genuine benefit and build to the next qualifiers from there.

Folk need to calm down.

We've had a home and away double header September and October and the next competitive game is not till September 2016. There's no harm in taking November off, planning for a match in March against opposition and at a venue the manager thinks would be of genuine benefit and build to the next qualifiers from there.

I really hope it is matches and not a match in March. After wasting both November dates surely we wont waste another date in March.

You are right September is a long way away but the number of preparation matches we can play before then is very limited. I would like to see the manager try out some new players and formations before deciding on his best squad for the qualifiers.

Edited by tartanpar

I'm really not fussed about the November dates. Think Strachan needs to take some time out and have some reflection on what worked and what didn't in the last campaign. Unless he does that it'll just be same old next campaign. Hopefully he's foregoing the November dates in favour of wee tour/training camp at the end of the season. It would be the ideal opportunity to try out some new players and ideas.

Can't really see how we're going to progress any further unless he can tweak his tactics and team to better suit different circumstances.

I really hope it is matches and not a match in March. After wasting both November dates surely we wont waste another date in March.

Plus in the eyes of FIFA we only played once in October, so we must expect a massive dip in the world ranking going into 2016?

Certainly not my first choice but would rather play them then not at all.

Would rather not have a game. I will be like the players absolutely no enthusiasm after the huge disapointment of not qualifying. March is fine to start preparing. November friendly will prove nothing. I will definitly be giving it a miss if they do go ahead.

Plus in the eyes of FIFA we only played once in October, so we must expect a massive dip in the world ranking going into 2016?

It will probably work in our favour as friendlies usually dilute your average. It is a long time until the fifa rankings will matter for us unfortunately.

Why would African teams be coming to Europe for a training camp? Part of the reason we played Nigeria in London was because it suited their plans for going out to Brazil.

A lot of the Nigerian players are based in Europe. I was merely offering a suggestion, shame on you for your tone.