Aberdeen Vs Celtic - Page 9 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Aberdeen Vs Celtic

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great result for the Dons

Was getting a bit predictable all the huffing and puffing , losing late goals etc

Lost count of the drubbings I've seen over the years ; admittedly most on tv

Think last time I saw us beat Celtic at pittodrie was likely the season that winning record has just broken

Similar squad sizes ( ie small) back then....

On a serious note, are Celtic fans still generally behind Deila? From the outside looking in, he has overseen them get papped out of Europe earlier than expected on every occasion so far, won the league by a decent but perhaps not as significant a margin as anticipated, not won the treble which was the intention, has had some particularly surprising defeats, and has an average at best transfer market record. An expected defeat at Ajax next week may pile more pressure on him.

Just seems that daring to criticise Deila is a taboo subject amongst Celtic fans. That's my perception anyway.

Aberdeen will need to keep ramping up the points and pressure pre Christmas. Celtic are bound to drop points with that defense and euro commitments. If the Dons can enter new year with say a 6pt lead it could be game on. For another thread but performances in this and other games this weekend shows Strachan called the team selections wrong last week. We'll done the Dons on a battling win.

Thoroughly deserved victory yesterday IMO.

Out worked, fought and thought Celtic. Their defence is honking. Boyata is a liability with the defending ability of Virgil van Dijk and the passing ability of Victor Wanyama. Be interesting to see how long Celtic wait before conceding they've bought a lemon and punting him on.

Scott Bown was abysmal yesterday. He's becoming a parody of his former self. He struts about, chest puffed out, acting the big man. He has nothing to back it up. He was out muscles in tackles and outplayed on the ball.

Shinnie, Jack and McLean were all outstanding yesterday. Shinnie in particular. His calmness, positional sense and all round leadership is brilliant. I can see why McInnes plays him CM. him and Jack are a formidable partnership in there. He's settled in so quickly too.

Looking forward to the rest of the season.

Oh, Kenneth Farrington - get it right fecking up you! :)