Aberdeen Vs Celtic - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Aberdeen Vs Celtic

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a high quality game, but incredibly exciting.

Thought Celtic were the better team in the first half and the Dons dominated the 2nd. Wind might have had something to do with it ?

The Celtic defence was very poor, they still look vulnerable to cross balls. Taylor, McLean and Shinie absolutely outstanding for Aberdeen.

Good to see the Dons have the fight and determination to win that.

Decent game to watch that. Really didn't think there was anything between the teams but you need to say Aberdeen deserved it given they were still pushing on when down to 10 men. The ref has had a couple of howlers for both sides IMO, namely Considine staying on and the 'penalty' shout against Mulgrew.

TBH the sending off I can see why it was given, especially when the ref only sees it the once. If you fly into a tackle like that you are giving him a decision to make. It's one of those decisions that will come down to interpretation and I doubt in the coming days anyone will be able to agree on it.

The one real positive for Aberdeen (other than winning the game) has to be that Celtic look nothing special. It's fair to say that defence will concede goals and likely drop daft points, something I wasn't so sure about I must say.

Next game for Aberdeen is now massive IMO. No point turning that lot over to then immediately give the points back.

Not a high quality game, but incredibly exciting.

Thought Celtic were the better team in the first half and the Dons dominated the 2nd. Wind might have had something to do with it ?

The Celtic defence was very poor, they still look vulnerable to cross balls. Taylor, McLean and Shinie absolutely outstanding for Aberdeen.

Good to see the Dons have the fight and determination to win that.

Agreed,neither keeper really had a save to make of note that I can recall.

Griffiths hitting the bar,but that was a mad deflection.

Seems to be a real team fight to never give in,we wouldn't of won the pre mcinnes.

Delighted but gutted I've been working.

?⚪️