Transfer Rumours - Page 29 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, can't see any rational united fans being upset with that move. Its good money at a good time of the season for a decent player who would have been offski for nothing next year anyway.

Completely different circumstances from Armstrong and GMS.

That's probably true, but we've already signed Mark reynolds from Sheffield Wednesday, and I would imagine that both McGinn and Rooney took pay-cuts to join Aberdeen.

Isn't Reynolds getting put through Aberdeen Uni on a P/T course with a guaranteed high paying job when his playing days are over? (that was the reason I was told that he signed a 3 year deal on top of his 2 year deal a while back).

Prospect of May is pretty mouth watering.... two potential 20+ goals a season strikers on the books, Goodwillie on the bench, and McGinn has showed in the past he knows where the back of the net is :ok:

I still have my doubts the May deal will happen...... but saying that Wednesday have just signed a Portuguese striker and reports today have them close to a deal for Daryl Murphy, so May might find himself slipping down the pecking order there.

[quote name="wanderer" post="177549" timestamp="

I still have my doubts the May deal will happen...... but saying that Wednesday have just signed a Portuguese striker and reports today have them close to a deal for Daryl Murphy, so May might find himself slipping down the pecking order there.

£4.5m for Murphy!! Jeez, he was feckin hopeless up here. The money being gobbled up down there by distinctly average players is obscene!

The BBC are quoting the sale as £1.5m - that's a pretty good deal for Dundee United actually, don't think he's worth that

Brilliant deal for Yinited.

I reckon most people who've seen him would have valued him at at least half that.

£4.5m for Murphy!! Jeez, he was feckin hopeless up here. The money being gobbled up down there by distinctly average players is obscene!

Top goalscorer in the championship and an International.

Don't get me wrong I agree with you but Comparatively speaking I can't say that price tag shocks me tbh. £4.5m isn't a huge amount to a lot of clubs in that division and its all to most EPL teams

Most killie fans on other forums seem unhappy with the prospect of him as a player but open minded regarding coaching. Not wanting him as a regular player but at times last season we could have used an old head with sticky out elbows. Willing to stay neutral until we see what he can bring, if he plays at all.

That's where I stand on it.

I know his brother so at least that's away day comps sorted for the lads!