Transfer Rumours - Page 24 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The more self-righteous and indignant you get the funnier this becomes.

Your trolling on this thread is quite pathetic Edited by Maq

Where's David Goodwillie these days? Is he still at Aberdeen? Does he play?

Two of the biggest mistakes McInnes has made would be extending his and Flood's contracts so early.

In the case of Flood, he had two years left at the point he got another year.

I quite like scepovic. I think with the right pre season and change in attitude there could be a player in there. As you said, he is one of the best players in a few years for finding space in the box and either fluffing his shot or no one passes to him. It could be my imagination but he seemed a bit of a loner on the pitch. Did not celebrate goals with the other players and they never seemed to want to pass to him when he was in a good position. Time will tell .

Yeah, I know what you mean. He looks a confidence player to me

Considering the money we paid & the effort we put into signing him, he has to be given a chance at least.

Amusingly, Ciftci has rejected Wigan & apparently told Utd he's only interested in signing for Celtic. Just to annoy the Utd fans, it would be funny if we make a derisory bid at the end of the window or better still, sign him for nothing in the summer.

We've not got a left back so that's where he'll be playing.

He is decent enough on the ball m8 but has little pace and can't tackle. I'm possibly being a touch unfair as he mostly played left mid in a side that bypassed the midfield for 90% of the match.

Yeah, I know what you mean. He looks a confidence player to me

Considering the money we paid & the effort we put into signing him, he has to be given a chance at least.

Amusingly, Ciftci has rejected Wigan & apparently told Utd he's only interested in signing for Celtic. Just to annoy the Utd fans, it would be funny if we make a derisory bid at the end of the window or better still, sign him for nothing in the summer.

Well, that changes things I suppose. Given how much the Celtic fans on here claim not to want him there would be amusement in seeing him go there, especially if he falls on his pus. Sadly, I think he'd be a success.

We can't stop him signing for whoever he wants next summer, and if that's Celtic then there's nothing United can do about it. That's not the issue though.

Acht, I'm beyond caring. No doubt you'll sign Soapy Souttar next summer as well. We need to concentrate now on breeding the next generation of young talent (for Celtic).

Amusingly, Ciftci has rejected Wigan & apparently told Utd he's only interested in signing for Celtic.

Obvious move. Don't think any player would want to drop down to the third tier in England when they have the chance of Champion's League football. And lets face it, Celtic is the only team (in the UK anyway) that's going to give him that opportunity. It'll be interesting to see where United go from here.

Obvious move. Don't think any player would want to drop down to the third tier in England when they have the chance of Champion's League football. And lets face it, Celtic is the only team (in the UK anyway) that's going to give him that opportunity. It'll be interesting to see where United go from here.

I expect them to honour this.

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/sport/football/dundee-united/dundee-united-won-t-be-selling-to-celtic-1.870233

Well, you had Andy Robertson and released him ya fannies. :blush:

It's not our job to develop our young players, that's your job. We just buy them back for a few pounds later. We need to keep our millions for the bang average European strikers.

But you are now in good company along with Man City and Man Utd in being a feeder club for Celtic, who in turn are a feeder club for Southampton.

As has been confirmed on here, the fans won't be flocking back after all even if Thompson stands firm.

It's not much of a decision to make.

As has been confirmed on here, the fans won't be flocking back after all even if Thompson stands firm.

Even if what's left turn their back as well?

I'm beginning to wonder about you Kenny boy. You're really struggling to see things from someone else's point of view. It's a little sociopathic.

Edited by adamntg

It's funny to see you getting trying to have a pop at folk for not going to fitbaw for a principled reason when you don't go either. You just come on a messageboard and act like your superior because you support Celtic. You're like a Cetic supporting Hun.

Have a ing word with yourself.

He is decent enough on the ball m8 but has little pace and can't tackle. I'm possibly being a touch unfair as he mostly played left mid in a side that bypassed the midfield for 90% of the match.

Smith is terrible. Has gone back miles since his early days at Ibrox.

Killie signing quite a few of our failures. Doesn't bode well for next season.

Totally agree. I think I was trying to do anything to put a positive spin on it for him.

I'm a nice khunt that way :D

Two of the biggest mistakes McInnes has made would be extending his and Flood's contracts so early.

In the case of Flood, he had two years left at the point he got another year.

Flood was a key player at the time and his style seemed to suit the way we were playing. It is almost as though the team have moved on and left him behind. He didn't bring much to the team last season.

It's funny to see you getting trying to have a pop at folk for not going to fitbaw for a principled reason when you don't go either. You just come on a messageboard and act like your superior because you support Celtic. You're like a Cetic supporting Hun.

Have a ing word with yourself.

You're never far away sticking your neb in. Is there not some Aberdeen chat to be getting on with on this thread?

On one hand, the Utd fans are moaning about Thompson selling to us; on the other they won't go back even if he doesn't.

The Utd fans are being ridiculous.

You're never far away sticking your neb in. Is there not some Aberdeen chat to be getting on with on this thread?

On one hand, the Utd fans are moaning about Thompson selling to us; on the other they won't go back even if he doesn't.

The Utd fans are being ridiculous.

To be fair, it's easy to see why they aren't happy. Imagine we'd sold our best to players to Inter Milan in January.

Time will tell.

PS. It's only Boyd and Smith we've signed and Boyd is anyting but a failure at Killie. Smith will be playing left back, not where fat boy played him.

Dunno if two really quantifies as "quite a few of your failures right enough"

Looks like Boyd is off the Rangers diet now and back to what he looked like 2 seasons ago!

https://mobile.twitter.com/OfficialKillie/status/616567454584717312/actions

Edited by Squirrelhumper

ever wondered why so many players have 'failed' at Rangers in recent years...... maybe they're all duds..

pretty sure Boyd will 'fail'' for us again to at least the tune of 20 goals plus..