Transfer Rumours - Page 25 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

To be fair, it's easy to see why they aren't happy. Imagine we'd sold our best to players to Inter Milan in January.

Wouldn't be happy, obviously. That said, if we got decent money & the players was going on to double his wages, I'd accept that was just the way it was.

I reckon the Utd fans are being very harsh on Thompson.. As far as I know, he didn't encourage any bids from GMS or Armstrong - he can hardly be blamed for us leaving it until the very last minute of the window to move for them.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Various rumours doing the rounds that Rangers have knocked back requests from both Bougherra and Cuellar to come back this season. Perhaps signs that lessons have actually been learned!!

Meanwhile at fir park, with hopes of signing Scott McDonald and Mcfadden back training with the squad, motherwell considering bringing craigan out of retirement, getting butcher as manager and just pretending its 2002.

:P

Time will tell.

PS. It's only Boyd and Smith we've signed and Boyd is anyting but a failure at Killie. Smith will be playing left back, not where fat boy played him.

Dunno if two really quantifies as "quite a few of your failures right enough"

Looks like Boyd is off the Rangers diet now and back to what he looked like 2 seasons ago!

https://mobile.twitter.com/OfficialKillie/status/616567454584717312/actions

Fair point about Boyd. He was only pish for us.

I'm kind of assuming you'll sign McCulloch too. Too many stories for it not to be a possible.

Fair point about Boyd. He was only pish for us.

I'm kind of assuming you'll sign McCulloch too. Too many stories for it not to be a possible.

To be fair he was pish for Boro, Eskisphor and Portland Timbers too. He's only really been good (and very good at that) for Killie both times and us the first time round.

Scottish football is in a desperate way.

Nae really. If we're going by that logic i could say:

"Celtic sign Man Utd youngster and youth international, Scottish football is in great shape".

Your team signing a nobody means hee haw.

Nae really. If we're going by that logic i could say:

"Celtic sign Man Utd youngster and youth international, Scottish football is in great shape".

Your team signing a nobody means hee haw.

Thistle aren't the only side dredging League 2 in England (and lower) for cast offs. Edited by Charlie Endell

Thistle aren't the only side dredging League 2 in England (and lower) for cast offs.

Cool. Your post should really have been "Thistle and Motherwell are signing some really shite players and are in a desperate state", then.

Ross County and Killie also managed to finish lower than Thistle last season.

Cool. Maybe you have good scouting and have sourced a player who's just lost his way?

2 years ago Ipswich signed Tyrone Mings from Chippenham town in the 7th tier of English football. Last week they sold him to Bournemouth for £8 million. Are Ipswich in a desperate way because they signed a player from that level?

I'm bemused by the desperation to slag off the whole of Scottish football, just because your not enthused by a signing your team has made.

Scottish football is pish. The European results are one embarrassment after another.

St Johnstone beat a higher ranked Luzern side last season, while Aberdeen beat Groningen and played well against Real Sociedad. Celtic also qualified from the group stages and ran Inter Milan close. Of course teams have had poor results also.

What is Scottish football "pish" compared to? EPL football? French football? Bosnian football?

St Johnstone beat a higher ranked Luzern side last season, while Aberdeen beat Groningen and played well against Real Sociedad. Celtic also qualified from the group stages and ran Inter Milan close. Of course teams have had poor results also.

What is Scottish football "pish" compared to? EPL football? French football? Bosnian football?

Real Sociedad were them humped by FC Krasnodar.

Real Sociedad were them humped by FC Krasnodar.

Cool story... Kind of highlights my point that every team has bad results, eh?

Unless you think Real Sociedad, with their squad full of internationals, are "pish" too?

Scottish teams don't just have the odd bad result in Europe though.

Thistle certainly don't have any, that's for sure.

You've still not answered my earlier question but never mind, I assume you don't have a proper answer.

Full of internationals??

Are you expecting a response to your questions, while ignoring the ones I've posed to you? :lol:

I'm glad you've wiki'd the Sociedad squad though :lol: