Transfer Rumours - Page 27 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe that Celtic will pay £1.5 million for Cifti.

That would be utter madness.

Adam Rooney must be worth around 5million at these rates.

Edited by Rossy

I can't believe that Celtic will pay £1.5 million for Cifti.

That would be utter madness.

Adam Rooney must be worth around 5million at these rates.

Agreed. £1.5m is great money. If you consider he's worth nothing next summer, was he really going to be worth £1.5m plus his wages to United for one season, half of which he may be banned for?

I'm sure the Utd fans won't be happy, but I don't see what they expected to happen.

In fairness, Celtic have met the asking price & I'd say they're paying well over the odds.

Utd can reinvest in several players with that. Surely keeping the money in Scottish fitba isn't a bad thing?

I'm fine with this, but on the last point, surely United accepting an offer from down south and bringing £1.5m into Scottish fitba would be better?

But if that offer isn't there - or the player won't accept it - then what can you do?

I think United have played it well and most fans will accept the premium Celtic seem to have paid for a guy now seen as damaged goods.

Agreed. £1.5m is great money. If you consider he's worth nothing next summer, was he really going to be worth £1.5m plus his wages to United for one season, half of which he may be banned for?

It's a fantastic deal for United.

I understand you guys being a pissed at losing yet another player to Celtic, but surely United can pick up another player who can score 12 goals a season (probably for zilch) ?

I'm fine with this, but on the last point, surely United accepting an offer from down south and bringing £1.5m into Scottish fitba would be better?

But if that offer isn't there - or the player won't accept it - then what can you do?

I think United have played it well and most fans will accept the premium Celtic seem to have paid for a guy now seen as damaged goods.

Other side of the coin, how much have we wasted on Bangura, Balde, etc? At least the money is staying here & Utd can do plenty.

I honestly can't think the Utd fans can be too angry with Thompson or the outcome here.

If we're paying £1.5m, the Utd fans can't really be pissed off with Celtic either.

I'm sure the Utd fans won't be happy, but I don't see what they expected to happen.

In fairness, Celtic have met the asking price & I'd say they're paying well over the odds.

Utd can reinvest in several players with that. Surely keeping the money in Scottish fitba isn't a bad thing?

it's hard to argue with that post but I am pretty certain the Utd fans wouldn't agree, especially as their manager, allegedly?, gets a cut of any transfer fee so appears to just be acting as an agent for celtic

Other side of the coin, how much have we wasted on Bangura, Balde, etc? At least the money is staying here & Utd can do plenty.

I honestly can't think the Utd fans can be too angry with Thompson or the outcome here.

If we're paying £1.5m, the Utd fans can't really be pissed off with Celtic either.

Celtic have had a helluva lot of dud strikers in recent years. Fortune, Kamara, Rasmussen, Murphy, Miku, Bangura, Balde, Pukki, Scepovic are all ones that spring to mind over the last few years that hardly set the heather on fire. In fact i can only think of Hooper, Stokes and Griffiths that really scored regularly.

Celtic have had a helluva lot of dud strikers in recent years. Fortune, Kamara, Rasmussen, Murphy, Miku, Bangura, Balde, Pukki, Scepovic are all ones that spring to mind over the last few years that hardly set the heather on fire. In fact i can only think of Hooper, Stokes and Griffiths that really scored regularly.

McDonald and Samaras were good for us but you are right, we've wasted money on some poor forwards.

I wish we'd given Tony Watt a chance.

McDonald and Samaras were good for us but you are right, we've wasted money on some poor forwards.

I wish we'd given Tony Watt a chance.

McDonald was probably a wee bit earlier than I was thinking and I wouldn't class Samaras as a "striker" as such, same reason I left out Commons. In the last 5 years Celtic seem to having the same run of strikers we had under McLeish when we signed the likes of Jeffers, Ostendstad and Gayle!! Shudder.....

Yep, we've blown stacks on dross alright.

My initial thoughts re Ciftci were negative, but I've warmed to the idea now. My concerns were (still are) trouble never seems far away from him & this biting thing could see him banned for a fair amount of time.

He does seem to have a fair bit of ability though & Deila has brough several of our players on since arriving. I'm happy to trust Deila sees plenty to work with there. He's also different to our other options.

Scepovic now looks an utterly perplexing signing. I honestly thought Guidetti leaving would mean he'd be given a chance.

I doubt it, he generally does well August to December then has a break over Christmas & does F all for the rest of the season :ok:

Maybe but he's still relatively young and was part of the under 21 winning side. He has something and will do well in the game. I prefer him to Ciftci.