Transfer Rumours - Page 20 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Utd should just have picked another club to sell GMS or Armstrong to.

That said, would have been difficult to pick when only Celtic were interested.

They should've held onto GMS and tried to sell Armstrong out of Scotland in the summer, not two weeks before a cup final. I think they know that now. 2000 lost season tickets as a consequence will cost them £600k and up. Edited by adamntg

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

renege

rɪˈneɪɡ,rɪˈniːɡ/

verb

go back on a promise, undertaking, or contract.

We never went back on it. We met every payment we were due to pay. The bank then approached us with a deal to cut ties.

At no time did we fail to honour the terms of the bank loan, fail to pay players or fail to pay HMRC.

Most people on this thread understand that. Shame you seem unable to.

We never went back on it. We met every payment we were due to pay. The bank then approached us with a deal to cut ties.

At no time did we fail to honour the terms of the bank loan, fail to pay players or fail to pay HMRC.

Most people on this thread understand that. Shame you seem unable to.

Killie are the Greece of the SPFL.

Haha, god knows what that makes you lot.

Ps. Several other clubs came to same agreement with the bank.

Unlike Greece we've a good credit rating and have always paid our bills. Shame the Queens 11 owe HMRC millions in unpaid tax.

The more self-righteous and indignant you get the funnier this becomes.

Right, so Utd are in the position now that they'll turn down an improved offer from Celtic of say £1.3-1.5m for a player who they'll lose for nothing purely out of spite?

I wouldn't be spite.

If fans are holding back on buying season tickets it would be madness to let another player go to the same rival club as 2 others 6 months ago which caused a lot of anger at Tannadice.

Its a bit like in 2012 when fans of many clubs said they wouldn't buy season or match tickets if Newco Sevco were handed a place in the top league. The clubs had to listen to their customers then and I imagine Utd will be doing so again.

Not as funny as a sevco fan giving a lecture on football clubs paying bills.

Probably about as funny as you trying to take the moral high ground on football finances when Kilmarnock didn't even pay their debt back really.

Probably about as funny as you trying to take the moral high ground on football finances when Kilmarnock didn't even pay their debt back really.

We were paying it back and had been doing so for years (you lot should try it some day) and would have continued to do so.

However the bank wanted out quick and took a % of the remaining debt to get out of football lending. What were we supposed to do? Do what you did and refuse to pay anything and go into administration?

I think you'll find I forecast the downfall Rangers at least a decade before it actually happened.

Now about these delusions you're having about your club being financially sound, I'd seek help.

No help needed thanks.

I've got the accounts in the house. Zero debt, zero creditors. Zero overdraft. Still own stadium, gym, sports bar and car park and surrounding land so as far as football clubs for we're financially sound.

Only one team out of killie and Rangers in debt and it's not us.

Maybe if the Utd fans started going in greater numbers, they wouldn't have to sell their best players to us.

Ah the old crowd numbers angle. Doesn't matter how many times you post the facts re population and attendance's some of the best fans in the world still trot out the, " you should support your team more" sh@te. Must be great to be a fan of a big club - you don't have to think much.

renege

rɪˈneɪɡ,rɪˈniːɡ/

verb

go back on a promise, undertaking, or contract.

So by your logic the bank reneged on their promise to charge Killie the full amount of their outstanding loan. Shame on them.