Transfer Rumours - Page 22 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kilmarnock were in debt to the bank because they'd been living above their means so it isn't analogous to having mortgage an overdraft perhaps but not a mortgage. Still if you think financial doping like this is morally acceptable.........

The debt which we had was at £13m at it's worst. We got it down to £8m by selling players etc and a large % of that was due to the cost of building the Hotel. We met every repayment/interest payment from the inception of the loan and would continue to do so.

Financial doping you say? I'd say that is a club who avoids paying tax in order to pay players higher wages than they can afford. I'd also say that's a club that refuses to pay Tax & NI despire taking it from wages.

Yeah but us coming to a mutual agreement with a bank is financial doping.

The debt which we had was at £13m at it's worst. We got it down to £8m by selling players etc and a large % of that was due to the cost of building the Hotel. We met every repayment/interest payment from the inception of the loan and would continue to do so.

Financial doping you say? I'd say that is a club who avoids paying tax in order to pay players higher wages than they can afford. I'd also say that's a club that refuses to pay Tax & NI despire taking it from wages.

Yeah but us coming to a mutual agreement with a bank is financial doping.

You can use deflection all you like, your club is gaining a unfair advantage from its financial mis-managment.

What are Utd's season ticket sales sitting at now & what have they been over the last few years?

There will obviously be a massive spike in sales now, but I'd just like to keep my eye on this over the coming weeks.....

They're currently down at 4000 odd from around 6500 in the last few years (from memory).

You're still not getting it though. They won't sell any more by not selling Ciftci to Celtic, not this year. They might stop next year's figures being even less, and the walk-up gate might not stay at home all season.

You didn't answer my question about selling Larsson to Rangers. It's not always about the transfer fee.

There seems to be a trend where more and more people are starting to dislike Stephen Thompson for some reason.

And with all that cash they've saved from having to steward their top tiers too... :wink2:

The Huns and the tims hate him. He's obviously a good guy.

Apparently the Utd fans aren't buying season tickets out of protest at Thompson selling us players - they're sick of it.

They'll all be flocking now though.

I'd just like to see some evidence of this.

They're not buying tickets because they're sick of him selling our best players to our direct rivals. Not selling any more will not make it better just now, but will stop making it worse.

Is it just Kenny can't understand this? Seems fairly straightforward to me.

I get why Dundee United fans are annoyed by selling to Celtic, but realistically if they offer more money than another club, it should be accepted.

Celtic and Dundee United are not rivals. They are not competing against each other for the title so the money may as well be maximised to boost Dundee uniteds bid for second spot.

This is a rational arms length view and obviously doesn't take into account emotions of football fans.

I get why Dundee United fans are annoyed by selling to Celtic, but realistically if they offer more money than another club, it should be accepted.

Celtic and Dundee United are not rivals. They are not competing against each other for the title so the money may as well be maximised to boost Dundee uniteds bid for second spot.

This is a rational arms length view and obviously doesn't take into account emotions of football fans.

We were rivals two weeks before we played each other in the League Cup final.

They're not buying tickets because they're sick of him selling our best players to our direct rivals. Not selling any more will not make it better just now, but will stop making it worse.

Is it just Kenny can't understand this? Seems fairly straightforward to me.

What year in the 80s were Utd last title challengers?

What year in the 80s were Utd last title challengers?

If Dundee Utd are not Celtic's rivals what is the point of Celtic playing in Scottish football?

And did you miss the cup final back in February? If the team you're playing in a cup final isn't your rivals.....?

Sure, Celtic can squash all Scottish opposition with a flick of the pen, nobody's denying that, but I find the gum-bumping when someone tells then to shove it quite hilarious.

Edited by adamntg

We were rivals two weeks before we played each other in the League Cup final.

Fair point. You are rivals at cups but say if Celtic offer only £100k extra that allows you another player in your squad for the season...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did Utd not sell Duncan Disorderly to Rangers one season, then Cleland & Bollan the following season? That was around the time Utd finally won the Scottish Cup against their "rivals" when Ally Maxwell dropped that howler.

I can't remember any sort of outcry then - what's the difference now?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did Utd not sell Duncan Disorderly to Rangers one season, then Cleland & Bollan the following season? That was around the time Utd finally won the Scottish Cup against their "rivals" when Ally Maxwell dropped that howler.

Rangers no longer exist.

T'internet wasn't about then.

It could be argued that us signing Bollan strengthened United.

That was Dave McPherson's fault.

They sold big dunc for a then scottish transfer record if I am not mistaken. Hardly the same.