So...what Happens Now ? - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

So...what Happens Now ?

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll throw another thought into the hat, and for me it gets to the nub of democracy.

UKIP get 3.8m votes = 1 seat.

SNP & Lib Dems combined get 3.8m votes = 64 seats.

I'm no UKIP supporter but FPTP is a farce.

J

I'll throw another thought into the hat, and for me it gets to the nub of democracy.

J

True, but with an overall Tory majority there's no chance of PR.

Lib Dems had their chance to reform it and shat it with AV.

Death knell for UK

J

SNP voter here. But another fact is that you have 50% of Scottish voters represented by 56 SNP MP's, with the other 50% represented by 3 "other" MP's.

That being said, that's half the country who have voted for one party, but will be ruled by another (which was always going to happen in any case).

J

Yes, however the SNP won all their seats from a far smaller pool of votes.

An utter disgrace 5 more years of these hoors. Shows how poor molly and bawbag were to poll so badly. This time next year we will have a Yes majority.

The flipside to how delighted I am by the SNP's success is dejection over the Tories being returned to government - with a majority this time.

Make no mistake - there are going to be some tough, tough times ahead and I really hope the SNP are able to at least make a stand against what the Tories have up their sleeves.

Yes, however the SNP won all their seats from a far smaller pool of votes.

Oh I know, "you can only pish with the cock you've got", but the principle that 3.8m votes can give you anything from 1 to 68 MPs is crazy.

I fully know nothing will happen to address this, and that it will get even wors as boundary changes are included.

I also expect half of North Wiltshire (Tory farming and country land) to be added to my constituency to add cement to the Tory seat. They will move some of the country tory votes into my marginal.

Brilliant.

J

I would say the Tories continue to turn round the UK economy from the state Labour left it in whilst the SNP lobby like feck at WM. I think the SNP will continue to promise/offer things that are unworkable on the basis that they will never have the power to implement them but it will continue to endear them to the electorate.

Nick Robinson going on about how UKIP got more votes than the SNP, might have mentioned the % they both got in the seats they stood in! Stats eh!!

He truly is a complete bellend! Can't wait to get home from work and enjoy all the highlights! :ok:

I would say the Tories continue to turn round the UK economy from the state Labour left it in whilst the SNP lobby like feck at WM. I think the SNP will continue to promise/offer things that are unworkable on the basis that they will never have the power to implement them but it will continue to endear them to the electorate.

If you mean, the Tories will drive forward a disgusting, neo-Liberal, austerity budget that will attack the poorer in society, while the rich get richer...with the UK having the biggest difference in the western world between the haves and have-nots, then you'll be right.

The SNP MUST use their strength to fight the Tories on this at every opportunity, because Labour certainly won't.

It's a red herring. A very weak excuse for what was a shockingly poor performance by Labour in England.

My own personal theory is that the English had a good hard look at Ed Miliband, tried to imagine him as leader of the country and their brains simply refused to process such a stupid notion. Ed was never leadership material and in the end, that must have counted for a lot more than scaremongering over Jockmageddon. The only puzzle is why that was not apparent in the polls sooner.

In out Euro referendum is the key

If England votes to leave and we dont then we will win a second referendum

The £7 billion defecit as part of FFA will be nothing compared to what Scotland loses from non EU membership

The £7 billion defecit as part of FFA will be nothing compared to what Scotland loses from non EU membership

I wouldn't be pinning your hopes on that.

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2015/02/24/eu-referendum-record-lead/

UKIP and some right wing Tories v Everyone else.

No way in a million years will England/Scotland/the UK vote to leave the EU. People aren't that stupid.

It'll be 65/35 to stay in.

Everyone knows it, why waste time and money with a referendum that was promised simply ato appease UKIP about 3 years ago.

My own personal theory is that the English had a good hard look at Ed Miliband, tried to imagine him as leader of the country and their brains simply refused to process such a stupid notion. Ed was never leadership material and in the end, that must have counted for a lot more than scaremongering over Jockmageddon. The only puzzle is why that was not apparent in the polls sooner.

I suspect this is it. It was always going to be an ask, but the toe-curling "Hell, yes..." and the Ed Stone were probably more than many of the most forgiving could take.

me too,appreciate any enlightenment from the clever guys on here.

From what I hear from talking to people down here it comes down to scaremongering on one hand and playing up the middle England empirism. Both party's played on the SNP fears making it seem like SNP would be in charge instead of propping up a party. It was made to be as if it was Germany or France running SNP instead of legitimate members of this country. The media have for years pushed the idea that Scots are different but that they are part of us. Even the whole quandary of "if we cost the UK so much why fight to keep us" they can't answer they just start stuttering and going on about how we ruled half the world together and stuck together to fight off those nasty Germans.