Sturgeon Backs Cameron? - Page 6 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Sturgeon Backs Cameron?

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It makes him look gloating and less "Prime Ministerial". It looks to me like an error - where are his advisors? He could have kept schtum and watched it all unfold, shafting Labour SNP and maybe Lib Dems at a strike. Tories could have held the moral high ground letting the Telegraph do their dirty work for them

By implying the French he surrenders a bit of that moral high ground that is so dramatically collapsing around Labour and, possibly yet, the Lib Dems. It has the makings of an omnishafting.

Aye, you might be right. He might have been better to keep his mouth shut. But he is a politician so that doesn't come naturally to him. By slagging of foreigners he might be trying to win back some of the Kipper vote? When I say foreigners I am also including us Jocks especially Jock who vote SNP. We are as much foreigners to them now as the French are.

This has annoyed me greatly. Civil servants instigating and gossiping about meetings for political gain, then leaking said information is in my books basically undermining the democratic process. I';d want the person involved on the end of a lengthy prison sentence, political neutrality of the civil service has again been shown to be farce.

Only a tiny bit of government is elected and it seems the unelected portion actually wield considerable power.

Aye, you might be right. He might have been better to keep his mouth shut. But he is a politician so that doesn't come naturally to him. By slagging of foreigners he might be trying to win back some of the Kipper vote? When I say foreigners I am also including us Jocks especially Jock who vote SNP. We are as much foreigners to them now as the French are.

I'm thinking of George Osborne who I imagine would not be so cavalier, but bide his time and watch it all unfold, then announce a housebuilding programme or something.

Though on reflection, what Cameron said was maybe vague enough to be given the benefit of the doubt, or lost in the noise...

Edited by exile

This has annoyed me greatly. Civil servants instigating and gossiping about meetings for political gain, then leaking said information is in my books basically undermining the democratic process. I';d want the person involved on the end of a lengthy prison sentence, political neutrality of the civil service has again been shown to be farce.

Only a tiny bit of government is elected and it seems the unelected portion actually wield considerable power.

More than likely a special adviser to Carmichael than a career civil servant. He/she will probably be out of a job next month anyway.

Bannnaaan - I am 99% confident.

If folk were swayed by this then I would honestly feel they are buttoned up the back. Why on earth would Sturgeon alienate 100,000 members at a stroke?

It is Torygraph and BBC scaremongering. Utterly desperate stuff. But I am not surprised in all honesty.

Expect more of this shite in the next 5 weeks.

Very true, we have seen this before, 100.000 plus Scots arent that gullible, in the words of that very nice English band The Who -------------- We Wont Get Fooled Again, bring on May :ok:

Edited by Wauchope Lad

More than likely a special adviser to Carmichael than a career civil servant. He/she will probably be out of a job next month anyway.

Just actually finding out about it now. Not had time to look into it, i still think deliberately inserting false material into official civil servant reports before an election should carry a heavy custodial sentence. You can't feck about with this sort of thing.

I haven't seen that.Earlier today I saw him suggest to a Telegraph journalist that he should jump off a cliff or in front of a train, but I haven't seen him accuse anyone of fiddling with kids.

He didn't directly, he said he was going to release a memo saying the Telegraph journalist was a kiddie fiddler. Demonstrating the need for integrity in journalism, but in a dodgy way.

He didn't directly, he said he was going to release a memo saying the Telegraph journalist was a kiddie fiddler. Demonstrating the need for integrity in journalism, but in a dodgy way.

Alistair campbell i wondered where you had went. Right so he never called anyone a kiddie fiddler then.

So you were being dishonest. Were you not on here posting about Catholics getting ass plucked in chapel a few years back?

So you were being dishonest. Were you not on here posting about Catholics getting ass plucked in chapel a few years back?

No I wasn't being dishonest, I seen the tweet last night and between then and my post I'd mistaken the content. When Exile said he hadn't I went back and looked, sure enough I got it wrong.

You have my sincerest apologies.

http://newsnet.scot/2015/04/what-a-tangled-web-politicians-weave-in-the-hysteria-of-election-time/

Derek Bateman reminds us that Andrew Neil - cuddly Thursday night political presenter on the BBC - just happens to be chair of the Press Holdings - who own the Telegraph and Spectator,

Can be seen tweeting to tip off the Telegraph story and also its coverage in the Spectator. In a private capacity of course. https://twitter.com/afneil

"Tweets reflect my views. Not who I work for." So that's OK then.

Neil lost Mordechai Vanunu when his paper were meant to be protecting him. Although to be fair least his paper ran with the story, he was against the Telegraph then, weird how tings change over the years.

Here is a show that came out just before the changes to the official secrets act, it talks all about the security services

""The new Official Secrets Act has just received the Queen's assent. This may be the last time for some years that any disclosures can be made on such matters.... After Dark exists for mysterious reasons, probably something to do with a necessary safety-valve in a climate of increasing pressure on the media.... Its strength is that it has rescued that endangered species, genuinely spontaneous conversation, and presented it absolutely without frills. It does not have to rely on a presenter or on the glamour of its guests, as other talk shows do. Its force is its unique lack of inhibition in dealing with very controversial issues without exhibitionism...an invaluable programme."

Tony Benn wrote in his diary, later published as The End of an Era: "Saturday 13 May - In the evening I went to take part in this live television programme After Dark with John Underwood in the chair. It was an open-ended discussion which started at about midnight and went on till the early hours. The other participants were the historian Lord Dacre, Eddie Chapman, who had been a double agent during the war, Anthony Cavendish, who is a former MI6 and MI5 officer, Miles Copeland (an ex-CIA man), James Rusbridger, who has worked with MI5 at one stage, and Adela Gooch, a defence journalist from the Daily Telegraph. Every one of them made admissions or came out with most helpful information. I was terribly pleased with it.

The entire series will take weeks to watch but it is well well worth it, some of the most interesting viewing ever for me.