Scotland Players In Action - Page 140 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action

kmcca5

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might have made the difference in Tbilisi when both Brown and Morrison had stinkers and Anya was ineffective...

needed someone with a bit of craft that's for sure. if not bannan then gauld or scott allan better step up soon or we are going to be struggling to breakdown lithuania and malta next campaign

Edited by LewisEDI

needed someone with a bit of craft that's for sure. if not bannan then gauld or scott allan better step up soon or we are going to be struggling to breakdown lithuania and malta next campaign

Scott Allan's hardly featured for Celtic has he? I support Rangers so I'm biased but from a purely footballing point of view I thought he was more likely to get a game with us rather than with Celtic.

Nice to see that Matt Ritchie was getting praise from Carragher and Rednapp

As long as he keeps his current form up and doesn't get injured, Ritchie will get a move to another Premier League club no bother at the end of the season.

I look forward to when some idiot pundit inevitably calls for Roy Hodgson to look at Ritchie :-))

BraveheartGordon, on 28 Oct 2015 - 6:50 PM, said:

He's one of the most talented midfield players I've seen play in the Scottish Leagues for a while, his vision reminds me of a young xavi.

If you actually think he's pish you've either not seen him or couldn't spot a player if one hit you on the face.

:lol:

I can't tell if you're being serious... "young Xavi". You've just likened a guy who scored 2 goals and had (IIRC) 1 assist in just over a season in the Scottish second tier to one of the greatest midfielders of all time :lol:

He's a guy who, at almost 24, has achieved the grand total of feck all. He's played with West Brom, birmingham, porttsmouth & MK Dons and none of them felt he was good enough.

Aye, I mind that time Xavi couldn't cut it at Fratton Park. Those guys cant spot a player. You fvcking lunatic :lol:

I can't tell if you're being serious... "young Xavi". You've just likened a guy who scored 2 goals and had (IIRC) 1 assist in just over a season in the Scottish second tier to one of the greatest midfielders of all time :lol:

He's a guy who, at almost 24, has achieved the grand total of feck all. He's played with West Brom, birmingham, porttsmouth & MK Dons and none of them felt he was good enough.

Aye, I mind that time Xavi couldn't cut it at Fratton Park. Those guys cant spot a player. You fvcking lunatic :lol:

He was actually did very well at Portsmouth, albeit they were relegated and he was recalled from loan.

Out of the scotland squad and can't see him getting back in unless he is in EPL.

Nonsense. We have plenty of players playing in the Championship in our squad so that shouldn't disqualify Barry Bannan. We have Shaun Maloney, Robert Snodgrass, Johnny Russell, Chris Martin, Jordan Rhodes, Grant Hanley, Christophe Berra, Gordon Greer, Allan McGregor and Andrew Robertson who are all regulars in our squad who ply their trade in the Championship and if we are being fair then Bannan has more EPL experience than more than 50% of them.

Was at Southampton V Villa and Hutton was ok, had some good runs and crosses, got stuck in but gave the ball away to much. Villa over all were pretty poor two lovely goals from Southampton.

Not sure if it was the shirts but Hutton seemed to be carrying some extra timber.

1 assist in just over a season

fantasy.

"He turned in an outstanding performance for Hibs in their 4–0 win over Rangers on 27 December 2014, where he provided assists for Hibs' third and fourth goals"

you have a right bee in your bonnet about Allan, quite strange.

Edited by LewisEDI

LewisEDI, on 29 Oct 2015 - 12:21 PM, said:

fantasy.

"He turned in an outstanding performance for Hibs in their 4–0 win over Rangers on 27 December 2014, where he provided assists for Hibs' third and fourth goals"

you have a right bee in your bonnet about Allan, quite strange.

I can't mind where i read it, if it's wrong, fair enough. Unhelpfully nowhere seems to keep assist stats for that league.

I don't have a bee in my bonnet, i just picked up on someone likening him to a "young Xavi". This, i'm sure you'll agree, is fecking ludicrous.

I can't mind where i read it, if it's wrong, fair enough. Unhelpfully nowhere seems to keep assist stats for that league.

I don't have a bee in my bonnet, i just picked up on someone likening him to a "young Xavi". This, i'm sure you'll agree, is fecking ludicrous.

I don't think its ludicrous whatsoever, Im ovbiously not comparing achievements in the game, but style of player, I saw Allan in the flesh 8 times last season and many more on tv, everytime it was like he was playing a different game to everyone else.

He could see passes and opportunities in split seconds that you would struggle to see with a replay of a tv camera, go back and watch Hibs 4-0 win over Rangers last season and tell me that Allan doesn't have something special, or that he's a typical Scottish midfield player.

This bit makes me laugh since my comment was a reply to you saying he's ''pish at fitbaw''

your probably the blinkered type as well who thinks that Ryan Jack should be starting every game for Scotland.

He's not "pish", that was wrong. What he is, is a bog standard SPFL Premiership midfield player. He's 24 years old and has achieved nothing. He'll not get a game for Celtic (Armstrong is vastly superior) and will probably leave to a bottom half English championship team in a couple of years.

Maybe I'll be wrong and he'll fulfil his undoubted potential. I wouldn't hold my breath though.

He'll be lucky to achieve as much as other average players, guys like Barry Robson or Paul Hartley.