Scottish Cup Quarters - Page 12 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup Quarters

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think both semi-finals will be 1245 kick offs with us on Saturday and you on Sunday with might cause you's boys getting there a bit of a problem.

If it was united would you be happy with the game at pittodrie?

Seems like a good shout.

I think both semi-finals will be 1245 kick offs with us on Saturday and you on Sunday with might cause you's boys getting there a bit of a problem.

If it was united would you be happy with the game at pittodrie?

Yes, would much rather save Hampden for the final. It would also lead to a better atmosphere.

Scottish cup semi finals are always at Hampden though so there is zero chance it will be anywhere else.

The Scott brown tackle wasn't of the hard but fair variety. Both feet were off the ground, he went over the ball, and taking the ball (with his backside) was a mere aside to putting a marker down on the man.

It was a yellow card minimum, and could have no complaints with a red.

Probably not one for the compliance officer though, only reason it's being mentioned in that context is that if kicked off the following events.

On a slight aside, it really annoys me when referees book, or in this case send off one from each side, when there's a bit of handbags. So often a player who is pretty blameless gets booked along with the player that causes the bother. Shitebag refereeing!

Credit to ICT. They've been on a great run this year and have shown great consistency.

They've lost McKay yet still kept on picking up wins. They'll lose Shinnie in the summer but i've no doubt they'll find someone to come in and do a turn.

It's not to admire what they continue to achieve. If they weren't such bitter b@stards towards the Dons, i'd probably quite like them.

Credit to ICT. They've been on a great run this year and have shown great consistency.

They've lost McKay yet still kept on picking up wins. They'll lose Shinnie in the summer but i've no doubt they'll find someone to come in and do a turn.

It's not to admire what they continue to achieve. If they weren't such bitter b@stards towards the Dons, i'd probably quite like them.

Have to say they have surprised me. Hughes' teams generally start well the fade away before he is moved on. His man management skills leave a lot to be desired from what I'm told.

Fair ####s to him though, they are going well. Fancy it to be a Hibs-Celtic final though with Hibs to go on and win it. They do play in the best league in the country after all :D

Edited by Angus_Young

Have to say they have surprised me. Hughes' teams generally start well the fade away before he is moved on. His man management skills leave a lot to be desired from what I'm told.

Fair badgers to him though, they are going well. Fancy it to be a Hibs-Celtic final though with Hibs to go on and win it. They do play in the best league in the country after all :D

Yeah, i was of the opinion that ICT had made a massive mistake in going for Hughes over Hartley.

All credit to them though, thus far they've been shown to have made the correct call.

On a slight aside, it really annoys me when referees book, or in this case send off one from each side, when there's a bit of handbags. So often a player who is pretty blameless gets booked along with the player that causes the bother. Shitebag refereeing!

That is almost always out of the referees hands.

As for Scott Brown, his tackle was a foul.

For me, if the game had been nasty to that point, I'd consider a red.

If it's not, a caution would suffice.

Edited by Cove_Sheep

That is almost always out of the referees hands.

I respect your opinion on refereeing matters, but I think it's often an easy option to book 1 each and move on.

Sometimes it should be 2 and 1 or 1 and 0 even 2 and 0, but in 99 cases out of 100 a referee books one from each side.

In cases where it's a booking for the initial foul and a booking for a reaction to it, that's probably fair enough, but when 20 players are all pushing and shoving and the dust settles, it's always 1 from each side, and often not the 2 worst offenders.

I respect your opinion on refereeing matters, but I think it's often an easy option to book 1 each and move on.

Yeah, from a game management perspective it's easy to book one from each team. Although it's clearly often wrong.

Dundee United midfielder Calum Butcher escaped being punished following Sunday's Scottish Cup quarter-final against Celtic by the Scottish FA as its rules prevent it taking retrospective action after referee Craig Thomson mistakenly gave the red card to team-mate Paul Paton. (The Sun, print edition)

Strange.

And if true, that surely must be looked at for next season.

Dundee United midfielder Calum Butcher escaped being punished following Sunday's Scottish Cup quarter-final against Celtic by the Scottish FA as its rules prevent it taking retrospective action after referee Craig Thomson mistakenly gave the red card to team-mate Paul Paton. (The Sun, print edition)

Strange.

Nothing surprises me with that lot (The SFA). You can appeal a red card/booking for mistaken identity, get that overturned but it doesn't transfer onto the actual offender? What an incredibly stupid rule! For once, I can see Celtic's point.

Strange.

Agreed. Bizarre. But can Scott brown not have that ruling looked at?

Lol in what way are ICT bitter towards Aberdeen?

This should be good. Thought it was the old firm fans who were paranoid.

Unreal. Stokes dived at tannadice late on in the game last season. As blatant as you will see.

I see Scott brown committee as many fouls as the whole utd team on Sunday and didn't even get booked. Sums up the refereeing in this country.

Unreal. Stokes dived at tannadice late on in the game last season. As blatant as you will see.

I see Scott brown committee as many fouls as the whole utd team on Sunday and didn't even get booked. Sums up the refereeing in this country.

Can't have been any worse than the one for the united penalty

Brown committed two of Celtic's fouls on sunday , compared with 9 from United , but don't let that get in the way of a good story

If teams can't produce anything better than that disgrace of a park then it should be played on a neutral venue , the reason there were so many bad tackles is because players couldn't control the ball to pass it . Nice of united to water the pitch after the game , just in the nick of time for a park that was drier than a Pharaoh's sock

Can't have been any worse than the one for the united penalty

Brown committed two of Celtic's fouls on sunday , compared with 9 from United , but don't let that get in the way of a good story

If teams can't produce anything better than that disgrace of a park then it should be played on a neutral venue , the reason there were so many bad tackles is because players couldn't control the ball to pass it . Nice of united to water the pitch after the game , just in the nick of time for a park that was drier than a Pharaoh's sock

United's penalty, although likely a dive, can't be proved conclusively due the lack of required camera angle. Hence no citation.

Nobody else seemed to have a problem with not lunging into tackles except Brown. Is he uniquely incapable? Are you suggesting he slipped? Cos he didnae. It was a textbook Brown "marker" tackle.