Scottish Cup Quarters - Page 8 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup Quarters

That would be terrible news for Guidetti....

I thought Connelly dived but for Delia to come out with this now is quite funny....

Don't see how? We had Boerrigter banned earlier so why not Connolly?

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't see how? We had Boerrigter banned earlier so why not Connolly?

For me, Connelly dived. But Delia watches Guidetti every week - he throws himself to ground much more than most. Just think it's a bit hypocritical of Delia to be making such comments.

Don't see how?

Because he is a massive cheat and dives about the place in every game.

I've no issue with Connolly being cited for diving and banned. However, for Delia to be complaining smacks of hypocrisy. Less than 2 weeks ago i watched as his players threw themselves down in the box time after time to try and cheat in the San Siro. There was not a peep for Delia to condemn it, yet now he wants folk banned for it?

I'm all for banning every single diver. Celtic will be the ones that suffer the most :ok:

Because he is a massive cheat and dives about the place in every game.

I've no issue with Connolly being cited for diving and banned. However, for Delia to be complaining smacks of hypocrisy. Less than 2 weeks ago i watched as his players threw themselves down in the box time after time to try and cheat in the San Siro. There was not a peep for Delia to condemn it, yet now he wants folk banned for it?

I'm all for banning every single diver. Celtic will be the ones that suffer the most :ok:

Its amazing just how much his celebration at Todders has got up sheepy noses. He's almost as hated as Lenny now...must be doing something right lol

Unless there is a camera angle from behind which none of us have seen, then it can't be proved that Connolly dived. There may well have been contact from stokes.

The only way to prove either way is to ask the two players....whilst attached to a lie detector machine.

I see that Magic tamb word ''whataboutery' has suddenly vanished. :D

Matters not a joy what that cart horse Guidetti does every other week. Connelly should be banned. End of.

I would expect the Utd player to get a ban for the kick to Browns face as well. Brown will get away with his 'tackle' though as the Ref had seen it at the time,

I'm being a hypocrite to a degree here because I love Brown in a Scotland shirt. I would have him sent off most weeks at club level though :)

Nothing worse than a diver no matter who they play for.The clubs should fine them and if they dont then the SPFL should fine the clubs.Brown again gets away with murder.He is nothing but a thug,a good player but a thug.

Nothing worse than a diver no matter who they play for.The clubs should fine them and if they dont then the SPFL should fine the clubs.Brown again gets away with murder.He is nothing but a thug,a good player but a thug.

A spitter?

wouldnt say it's the worst thing but it really does my tits in as well. This whole 'there was contact' is a total nonsense also. If someone brushed past you in the street you wouldn't fall down like a wee lassie. Contact or not it's still a dive and as such blatant cheating.

Just seen the highlights, how they came up with those 2 red cards between them is beyond me!

:lol:

Was expecting the dive to be much worse! He went down easily, but having ridden the 1st challenge, I can see how he could have been off balance. Went down easily, but not the worst dive I've ever seen.

Celtic penalty was one of those that is not deliberate, but almost always get given. I think it's a rule that could be tidied up, as its not being applied correctly at the moment, and applied differently in different leagues (in Spain all handballs are a yellow).

Perhaps a foul and a caution if deliberate (red if deliberate and stops a goal), and just a foul if it's accidental, but you gain an advantage?

I mentioned it on a previous celtic game thread, but Brown has become a bit of a caricature of himself, clattering folk or getting in snidey wee digs, then swaggering around smirking and puffing out his chest and admiring his work.

Celtic penalty was one of those that is not deliberate, but almost always get given. I think it's a rule that could be tidied up, as its not being applied correctly at the moment, and applied differently in different leagues (in Spain all handballs are a yellow).

Perhaps a foul and a caution if deliberate (red if deliberate and stops a goal), and just a foul if it's accidental, but you gain an advantage?

I have been holding off saying this, but I don't think Dixon's handball was deliberate and therefore shouldn't have been a penalty. However, it would take an exceptionally brave referee to not give it and once he's given it he has to send Dixon off. The rules are fine and unambiguous, it just needs referee with a bit of cojones to apply them properly.

In this case it was denying a clear goalscoring opportunity and so has to be a red card. It's either that or the referee sees it as not deliberate and no penalty.

A big harsh as its probably a bit of a natural reaction to protect his face, but the correct decision as the laws currently stand.

In this case it was denying a clear goalscoring opportunity and so has to be a red card. It's either that or the referee sees it as not deliberate and no penalty.

A big harsh as its probably a bit of a natural reaction to protect his face, but the correct decision as the laws currently stand.

I disagree as I don't think he deliberately played it with his hand, therefore it shouldn't have been a penalty. But as the laws are currently (incorrectly) implemented then I think it's fair enough.

Yeah, if he gives the foul, he has to send him off, no doubt about that, but like so many handballs that get given, it didn't look deliberate. 99/100 you're getting a penalty for that though.

I take it you mean the red card?

Definitely not deliberate IMO and I don't think his arm was in an unnatural position. As I said earlier though this one was far from a howler from the ref. There is a case to be made for either and if you have only seen it in 'real time' it's a very difficult call. We are all disagreeing with it on here and that's with the benefit of 17 replays.

Handball is a bizarre law. How many 100% deliberate handballs can you recall? Faddy v Norway, Gough v sprinkler?...

Cuellar tipped one over the bar at Celtic Park once and McGregor saved the resultant pen. The baddies got the last laugh that night though. Vinegar of Haggis scored in injury time :angry:

Strangely I actually traveled to this game with two Tims. We parked at their end of the ground. On the way in it was no big deal, but coming round there after the game, there is only one place I could have been coming from. Worst 5 minute walk of my life. Got absolute pelters and then had to drive those two drunken arseholes home :-))

The shot was going in.The defender kept it out with his hand.Only goalkeepers are allowed to do this.

As long as it's not deliberate then it's not a foul. It's the only law in football where it has to be intentional. You should look at the rules - it matters not where the ball is going, or how unfair it would be. That's the rules.

You'll always be given it in the modern game though as very few people appreciate the clarity of the handball law - as you have demonstrated.