Scottish Cup Quarters - Page 16 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup Quarters

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your team pumped us twice in 4 days deservedly so why does he act like a ffanny I suppose nobody ever made a bad tackle for your team

Of course they have. It doesn't mean that the 'tackle' today wasn't a shocker. IMO, a two-footed tackle on an 18-year old is much worse then waving away a player that's just been sent off for a stupid 'tackle' on an 18-year old.

Of course they have. It doesn't mean that the 'tackle' today wasn't a shocker. IMO, a two-footed tackle on an 18-year old is much worse then waving away a player that's just been sent off for a stupid 'tackle' on an 18-year old.

Is a 2 footed tackle on an 18 year old worse than a 2 footed tackle on 25 year old?

Season over really bar the league placings, as many feared it would be following the transfer window. I think if there was any doubt how much GMS and Armstrong contributed to Utd, its possibly apparent now how much they carried some of the other average players in our team. This might expose some of those who we need to replace in the summer.

I disagree. If you look at the team that beat Celtic 2-1 at Christmas, GMS didn't play. You can't explain turning eight games without defeat into seven games without a win by the loss of Stuart Armstrong. In addition, we've strengthened the defence significantly by bringing in McGowan and Dixon.

I think what we sold at the end of January was not so much two good players as our ambition and our right to believe in ourselves as serious contenders in Scottish football. The club may be a million or two richer, but the players have lost their confidence and having a healthy bank balance isn't going to put that back easily.

The season's over, they can't catch Inverness, they'll likely stumble on to fourth or fifth but I hope that lessons have been learned. Sometimes in football belief is worth more than money. The infrastructure at the club is good, there's a conveyor of talent emerging, but it will take time to bring it to fruition in the first team.

Edited by adamntg

I'd just like to say well done to Celtic for hoovering up all the domestic silverware and with only the same resources as the rest of the league put together. Tak a boo!

They've not won the league yet...

Why not beat them on Saturday and deal a big blow to them. Then lie down to Aberdeen when we come to Tannadice post-split.

That'll really show the Tims! ;)

I disagree. If you look at the team that beat Celtic 2-1 at Christmas, GMS didn't play. You can't explain turning eight games without defeat into seven games without a win by the loss of Stuart Armstrong. In addition, we've strengthened the defence significantly by bringing in McGowan and Dixon.

I think what we sold at the end of January was not so much two good players as our ambition and our right to believe in ourselves as serious contenders in Scottish football. The club may be a million or two richer, but the players have lost their confidence and having a healthy bank balance isn't going to put that back easily.

The season's over, they can't catch Inverness, they'll likely stumble on to fourth or fifth but I hope that lessons have been learned. Sometimes in football belief is worth more than money. The infrastructure at the club is good, there's a conveyor of talent emerging, but it will take time to bring it to fruition in the first team.

Good post Adam. Depressing stuff for most who don't support Utd, so can only imagine how the likes of yourself must feel.