Series Worth Watching - Page 92 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Series Worth Watching

21 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Couldn’t have put it better myself. I too missed it first time round and saw it advertised on iplayer as the final series is out , so started it from the beginning.
Like you was expecting a sort of 21st century version of ‘ Heartbeat’ . Quite the opposite. One of the better things I have watched on BBC for a long time. 

I'm only 2 episodes in but imagine we'll  have rattled through the full 3 series pretty soon.

35 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I'm only 2 episodes in but imagine we'll  have rattled through the full 3 series pretty soon.

Yes, it helps that there are only 3 series, can be a bit daunting trying to get through 7 series AND avoid the finale spoiler ! 

We are on series 2. ‘Happy ‘ Valley it is not. Oh, and forgive me for this small spoiler but you will be delighted to hear Shirley Henderson is in it 😁

Just finished Wednesday and was pleasantly surprised, lots of good acting in it, would recommend giving it a watch....

Also just complete the German / Austrian series "Woman Of The Dead" really enjoyable, great scenery with a wee bit of gory violence chucked in, again would recommend giving it a swatch

Both on Netflix.

2 hours ago, Bristol Killie said:

Has anyone seen Mr Inbetween on Disney+? Just finished all 3 series and it was top drawer. Only 30 minute episodes about an Aussie hitman. Really enjoyable and a good bit of humour in it too. 

Great show, genuinely spat out my coffee when the Vajankle was introduced. Every days a school day

14 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I gave up on it. I just couldn't get into it

Hunters season 2 is good so far.

It just got a bit silly.

I may give it a try. tbh we really don't watch much tv at all. Watch something while having dinner and that's it really

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2023 at 11:08 AM, TDYER63 said:

Yes, it helps that there are only 3 series, can be a bit daunting trying to get through 7 series AND avoid the finale spoiler ! 

We are on series 2. ‘Happy ‘ Valley it is not. Oh, and forgive me for this small spoiler but you will be delighted to hear Shirley Henderson is in it 😁

She is peak level irritating in this. The definition of a one note actor. 

13 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

She is peak level irritating in this. The definition of a one note actor. 

I was literally squirming watching her. I couldn’t wait till her scenes moved on. Anyone who didn’t know her would perhaps think she was playing the part of an oddball quite well, but thats how she acts all the time ! 

39 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I was literally squirming watching her. I couldn’t wait till her scenes moved on. Anyone who didn’t know her would perhaps think she was playing the part of an oddball quite well, but thats how she acts all the time ! 

All. The Time.

On 2/7/2023 at 4:15 PM, vanderark14 said:

anyone watched Yellowstone and its spin offs?

I have seen this advertised and was tempted to give it a bash

Have just started to watch this but have decided to do it chronologically, so 1883, 1923 and then Yellowstone.

Nearly finished 1883, excellent so far. 

14 minutes ago, aaid said:

Have just started to watch this but have decided to do it chronologically, so 1883, 1923 and then Yellowstone.

Nearly finished 1883, excellent so far. 

I just started it too but I am going with Yellowstone first. The daughter is already my favourite character

1 hour ago, 86glebestreet said:

The daughter is nuts 🤣🤣

1 hour ago, aaid said:

The daughter is the best character in 1883 as well

She is absolutely bonkers. A bit like wags from billions. 

I'm only 3 episodes in and I'm hooked.