Series Worth Watching - Page 95 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Series Worth Watching

13 hours ago, Flure said:

Oh, and  “The Diplomat” (US Version) - now that I think about it - wasn’t THAT bad. And I didn’t see the conclusion coming.

It was bad enough for me to give up after 30 minutes so I never got anywhere near the conclusion. I might watch the last 30 minutes.

It seemed to be going nowhere . There are so many of these political shows these days,  it needs to grab me quickly. I tend to give a show thats a bit different more time. 

1 minute ago, TDYER63 said:

It was bad enough for me to give up after 30 minutes so I never got anywhere near the conclusion. I might watch the last 30 minutes.

It seemed to be going nowhere . There are so many of these political shows these days,  it needs to grab me quickly. I tend to give a show thats a bit different more time. 

PLEX

Finished Succession. Brilliant tv and the ending did not disappoint. Never thought I could enjoy a show with so many hideous characters , worse still feel sorry for some of them at times. The fantastic script and acting made it very powerful . 

8 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Not fiction but anyone else watched/watching 'Once upon a time in Northern Ireland'? 

Harrowing and heart breaking.

Just finished it last night, as you say harrowing but very interesting. 

8 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Not fiction but anyone else watched/watching 'Once upon a time in Northern Ireland'? 

Thanks for posting this. Just downloaded each episode to start watching tonight

On 5/31/2023 at 5:41 PM, TDYER63 said:

Finished Succession. Brilliant tv and the ending did not disappoint. Never thought I could enjoy a show with so many hideous characters , worse still feel sorry for some of them at times. The fantastic script and acting made it very powerful . 

I am about half way through and I agree, its brilliant so far. Every single character is either a moron or an arsehole. Great TV

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I am about half way through and I agree, its brilliant so far. Every single character is either a moron or an arsehole. Great TV

I’m just at the start of S2. The missus is away to her bed and I’m dying to put on an extra episode but she’ll kill me!  Can’t remember the last show I enjoyed as much as this. They’ve even somehow got me feeling sorry for Kendall and he’s an absolute moron AND an arsehole!! 

Finished The Marvellous Mrs Maisel. Loved it. Wont be everyone’s cup of tea but brilliant production and script . Might be more suited to women but my husband enjoyed it too. 

Started watching Am I Being Unreasonable on iplayer. Its a bit quirky but I am enjoying it so far. 

Struggling with Yellowstone. Had high hopes for it as its so popular but I am just not getting the hype. Watched 5 episodes and so far find there are far too many scenes jumping about all over the place and totally random things happening . It just doesn’t seem to flow at all. It has that ‘snap’ camera between scenes which I think exacerbates the lack of  flow. 
I dont particularly like any of the characters , they are either horrible or miserable. Some are both.  At least there was humour amongst all the characters in succession. 
And Kelly Reilly gives me the heebie jeebies  😱 

Can anyone convince me it gets better ? 😁

Not seen Yellowstone but thought Mrs Maisel was okay. I wouldn’t have chosen it but I was in a house full of women during lockdown at the time so it was chosen for me. I did quite enjoy it though 🙂

Succession is excellent, only on series 2 because I ignored quite a few friends advice for years but agree with everything already said on here.

Another one I ignored for a long time but watched recently is Better Call Saul which ended up being one of the best things I’ve seen in ages. Ideally you’d have seen Breaking Bad first.

White Lotus. Loved both series, wasn’t enjoying series 2 at first but in the end I think I preferred it to series 1.

Colin from Accounts. Was talked into watching this but highly recommend it. Actually surprised at how much I enjoyed it.

Tidy - have you watched Ray Donovan yet?

Finished the first series of 'From'. Pretty good. It's about seemingly random people that get trapped in some remote US town, with monsters that take a human form and come out at night to eat them. Huge 'Lost' vibes from it. Hopefully it doesn't go the same way.

Also finished the 3rd series of 'Dave'. Maybe i'm biased because of the show's name, but i really enjoy it. It's a comedy about a jewish rapper and his quest to become a music star. Probably it's just my geeky sense of humour, but i found it funny. Brad Pitt played himself in the latest episode:

On 6/5/2023 at 10:04 PM, Hertsscot said:

Yeah, great documentary. It was especially interesting as it mainly focused on the experiences of the unionist/loyalist side. Most of the documentaries i've seen have tended to be viewed through the nationalist/republican prism.

On 6/5/2023 at 10:04 PM, Hertsscot said:

A friend of mine was talking about it and just happened to catch Episode 4 (I think) the other night.

Will probably catch up on others too based on my friends recommendations as well.

21 hours ago, Bobster said:

Not seen Yellowstone but thought Mrs Maisel was okay. I wouldn’t have chosen it but I was in a house full of women during lockdown at the time so it was chosen for me. I did quite enjoy it though 🙂

Succession is excellent, only on series 2 because I ignored quite a few friends advice for years but agree with everything already said on here.

Another one I ignored for a long time but watched recently is Better Call Saul which ended up being one of the best things I’ve seen in ages. Ideally you’d have seen Breaking Bad first.

White Lotus. Loved both series, wasn’t enjoying series 2 at first but in the end I think I preferred it to series 1.

Colin from Accounts. Was talked into watching this but highly recommend it. Actually surprised at how much I enjoyed it.

Tidy - have you watched Ray Donovan yet?

Mrs Maisel was a breath of fresh air to balance off all the ‘uber bassas ‘ shows I watch and enjoy 😁 I loved the costumes , the music and high production . Most of the laughs did not come from the comedienne star, but from other characters. The final series went a bit off course but they probably had to do it that way to bring about a conclusion. 

Agree completely on Better Call Saul and White Lotus, though I probably ended up enjoying both series of White Lotus equally. 

Someone else mentioned Colin from Accounts so its going on the list . 

Bobster, I love you, completely forgot about Ray Donovan as I previously didn’t have any of the channels to watch it on ! But got paramount to watch Yellowstone and its on that so will probably start it tonight.

Talking of which, the apartment we had in Croatia recently overlooked a garden with a few tortoises and baby tortoises ! 😁 You know you are in a 35 yr old marriage when you are playing spot the tortoise and the conversation is

‘ I wonder how tortoises make babies, it must be a bit uncomfortable’. And the reply is ‘ aye , they would be constantly arguing about who goes on top’ .
I am pretty certain you will be the only person on here that has the remotest idea what I am talking about 😁 Or cares for that matter…

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

Someone else mentioned Colin from Accounts so it’s going on the list . 

Bobster, I love you, completely forgot about Ray Donovan so will probably start it tonight.

I think you should watch Colin first, you need to invest a bit of time in Ray Donovan to get to know the characters.

You probably need to watch a couple of Colin too but they’re only half hour episodes.

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

‘ I wonder how tortoises make babies, it must be a bit uncomfortable’. And the reply is ‘ aye , they would be constantly arguing about who goes on top’ .
I am pretty certain you will be the only person on here that has the remotest idea what I am talking about 😁 Or cares for that matter…

😂 Get on YouTube and watch tortoise and the shoe 😅

Things are so bad I’m watching Mad Men again, a true classic. Succession (excellent) and Snowfall (meh) reached their conclusion and I’ve been struggling to get invested in anything since 🤷🏼‍♂️

15 hours ago, Bobster said:

I think you should watch Colin first, you need to invest a bit of time in Ray Donovan to get to know the characters.

You probably need to watch a couple of Colin too but they’re only half hour episodes.

Bobster. Are you suggesting I have the attention span of a small newt ????? I have absolutely no idea where that has come from. 
Watched 2 episodes of Colin last night. Really enjoyed it. What is not to love about a wee dog on wheels 😂 

15 hours ago, Bobster said:

😂 Get on YouTube and watch tortoise and the shoe 😅

Watched that too. Its very funny . I was a bit envious of its passion right enough 😁

On 6/15/2023 at 7:52 PM, Caledonian Craig said:

Well worth a watch on Apple TV is sci-fi series Silo set in a dystopian (or is it) future. I see a twist coming.

I've read all the books so won't spoil it for ye! Probably why i didn't continue after the first episode. TV show is never as good