Scottish Constituency Polling Thread - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Constituency Polling Thread

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say we give Orkney and Shetland back to Norway. Strange, strange people living there.

The local lib dem MP could go around pissing on everyone and still get voted in.

I thought Orkney and Shetland were known for voting as much for the person as the party. If so it makes a change from the 'cabbage wearing the rosette' argument.

Presumably their candidate could go piss on everyone except Orkney and Shetland and get in - and why not?

It's up to the Scottish Govt to pay the islands sufficient attention that makes remoteness from Edinburgh not half as remote as remoteness from Westminster.

I'd love to see that arrogant wee turd Alexander lose his seat in Inverness.

Even though I don't live in that constituency he is the person I would like to see lose his seat the most.

I would take the SNP not winning my seat if it meant they beat Alexander in Inverness.

I'd love to see that arrogant wee turd Alexander lose his seat in Inverness.

Gun to my head, if I HAD to pick one Alexander to get rid of, I'd have to choose Doogie over Danny.

Getting rid of both of them is the stuff of dreams

joined ashcroft mailing list to see this next week, should be interesting. Part of me thinks though SNP are getting set up here for a fall though. No way will they get 40+ seats.

Agreed, a quadrupling of seats to 24 will be seen as failure.

No chance in hell of the Tories winning Murphy's seat. They had a good chance in 2010 to unseat him but Murphy's vote went up instead.

The yuppie crowd in Mearns, Clarkston, Giffnock and Busby love Murphy. He can do no wrong. He also has a loyal pensioner vote too. He'll be re-elected here no bother sadly.

Also if UKIP stand a candidate here, that will split the Tory vote.

One bright note is that the SNP vote did increase in 2005 and 2010. Hopefully that trend continues shortly. We should be looking at taking some Lib Dem votes.

I thought the Tories were targeting Murphy's seat?...

My list was a based on a Survation poll that showed the distribution of 2010 voters to 2015 voting intentions (ie Labour to SNP, Lib Dem to Labour, etc.)

The poll suggested that about 26% of Labour voters in 2010 will vote SNP - as Labour hold the seat, that's a huge amount of votes going to the SNP. That moves the Conservatives into third on my figures.

I'll update the list throughout the campaign - to reflect changes in national and constituency polls, as well as local factors such as historical support and targeted seats. This will lead to a final prediction in May (someone remind me).

No chance in hell of the Tories winning Murphy's seat. They had a good chance in 2010 to unseat him but Murphy's vote went up instead.

The yuppie crowd in Mearns, Clarkston, Giffnock and Busby love Murphy. He can do no wrong. He also has a loyal pensioner vote too. He'll be re-elected here no bother sadly.

Also if UKIP stand a candidate here, that will split the Tory vote.

One bright note is that the SNP vote did increase in 2005 and 2010. Hopefully that trend continues shortly. We should be looking at taking some Lib Dem votes.

i dont know, i think the Tories will do well there, a few Labour going to snp, Tories rejuvenated thanx to the Liebour party at the Ref...

There was a massive turnout in East Ren,,. 92% I think at REF... these guys are up for it..

Question for SNP .. should they vote Tory to get rid of Jim Smurfy....

a tory or Smurphy have no real policy differences, except one says he isnt a unionist, but he is, the others admit they are unionist...

although looking at last time 77% turnout... SNP are miles behind, even in these exciting times... where will the lib vote go, they beat snp last time....

for the long term good, i for one would not be disappointed to see the Tories( blue) win here...

Jim Murphy Labour 25,987 50.8 +6.9

Richard Cook Conservative 15,567 30.4 +0.5

Gordon MacDonald Liberal Democrat 4,720 9.2 -9.0

Gordon ArcherScottish National Party 4,535 8.9 +2.0

Donald MackayUK Independence Party 372 0.7 +0.7

Majority 10,420 20.4

Turnout 51,181 77.3 +5.

Edited by stocky