Scottish Constituency Polling Thread - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Constituency Polling Thread

Beat me to the punch, Clyde.

Seen Smithson tweeting it earlier.

Seems odd not to have the Conservative and Lib Dem figures at this point though...

Hopefully the SNP can hold on to this lead by the end of the campaign. It'll be difficult, due to the SNP media black out though...

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>

Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes - 49% (+1%)
  • No - 44% (-1%)
http://

Excluding Don't Knows

• Yes - 53%
  • No - 47%
so much for settled will. Electorate still flip-floping. Still wouldn't want to see another referendum anytime soon. Needs a time when pro independence majority in Holyrood, pro independence majority of scottish MPs in WM, with a 50% popular vote and polls consistently showing 60% support for independence

so much for settled will. Electorate still flip-floping. Still wouldn't want to see another referendum anytime soon. Needs a time when pro independence majority in Holyrood, pro independence majority of scottish MPs in WM, with a 50% popular vote and polls consistently showing 60% support for independence

And the support of the daily record / broadcasting under Scottish control.

If Curran loses her seat - it'll require a swing of 19% (at least). That'll be the second highest general election swing in UK history.

I expect there will be large swings in some areas, Glasgow in particular. In other parts of Scotland the Labour (or Unionist) vote will hold up better I think...

When it comes to Labour MPs getting the punt, we aren't exactly spoiled for choice. Sarwar, Curran, Davidson, Alexander... I genuinely have no idea who I want to get the punt first. Probably Dougie Alexander. Snivelling, smarmy little bas***d that represents the worst of politics and has refined his act to come across as presentable. He's far more dangerous than the likes of Margaret Curran who I'd actually have no problem staying on as a Labour MP - it will be a thing of joy to see her be kicked out, but to be honest, if some Labour MPs are going to slip through the net in May, I'd prefer it was their absolute worst and she is absolutely brutal.

Remind me, is Murphy standing or what?

Would be an absolute disaster to go for another vote anytime soon. Yes campaign have difficult questions to ask ourselves about how we'll approach the currency question, the EU and the state of our wider economy. Unless polling hits over 60%, it's soft and it's not good enough to have a rerun without having a better story to tell on the issues we fell short on.

Labour won with 49% over SNP on 29% in Dundee West in the last general election, latest poll puts SNP at 59% to Labours 25%.

SNP double their vote percentage, Labours is halved. Delightful reading.

I wanted these bastards obliterated.

Edited by kumnio