Scottish Constituency Polling Thread - Page 6 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Constituency Polling Thread

Man, I wish the election was tomorrow!

I don't. I want it replicated in Fife, Edinburgh and the Islands before Im ready for polling day. Greedy? You bet. I want these f*ckers absolutely pumped rotten. Long term, only independence will help me put the referendum behind me, but in the short term, destroying Scottish Labour is what I want. And they'll f***ing deserve it too. Murphy, MacDougall, McTernan, Alexander, Curran, Sarwar, Davidson... the product of decades of unbridled power in Scotland. We have a chance here to absolutely crush them and I want to turn the screw even further. We've got the time and the manpower to get out and push those numbers even higher.

Edited by Auld_Reekie

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't. I want it replicated in Fife, Edinburgh and the Islands before Im ready for polling day. Greedy? You bet. I want these f*ckers absolutely pumped rotten. Long term, only independence will help me put the referendum behind me, but in the short term, destroying Scottish Labour is what I want. And they'll f***ing deserve it too. Murphy, MacDougall, McTernan, Alexander, Curran, Sarwar, Davidson... the product of decades of unbridled power in Scotland. We have a chance here to absolutely crush them and I want to turn the screw even further. We've got the time and the manpower to get out and push those numbers even higher.

You sound as bitter as what I texted a mate last night. These Labour bastards must be obliterated, despise them all massively.

The difference is that the Nationalist block is united but the Unionist vote is still split three ways. Good luck organising effective tactical voting in those circumstances."

The Unionist vote will be split 4 ways once UKIP get all their pre-election publicity...

Folk on here sound almost as bitter as Ian Smart and Ian Davidson.

Aye, i'm fairly bitter, I'll admit - i'd be absolutely delighted to see Danny & Doogie Alexander get their jotters. Sarwar, Davidson and Curran too.

Oooh - and Tom Harris!

edit: and Ian Murray!

Edited by Maq

That's because I am. The difference is that those two are c***s while Im actually no bad.

I just don't want to see the SNP become as hateful and bitter as SLab.

It might have lost in September but positivity will win the day in the long run.

I hope you're right.

I fear that come May, the silent majority and postal voters will see Scotland voting Labour again

Maq, something has happened. I don't know what it is, but having been pummelled with top strength referendum propaganda, I think these new SNP-minded voters are going to be impervious to mere general election propaganda. Normally we'd expect the SNP to fall back due to being invisible in UK campaign coverage, but as things are so unusual now even the BBC are going to be mentioning the SNP a lot more, which can only help.

Maq, something has happened. I don't know what it is, but having been pummelled with top strength referendum propaganda, I think these new SNP-minded voters are going to be impervious to mere general election propaganda. Normally we'd expect the SNP to fall back due to being invisible in UK campaign coverage, but as things are so unusual now even the BBC are going to be mentioning the SNP a lot more, which can only help.

And the SNP will be represented in 2 of the 4 debates.

Also there is the idea, backed up by polls from the last few years, that the 'settled will' of Scots is maximum devolution. In which case the best way to get what you want is to vote No in an indy ref, and then SNP in a Westminster election. This is what I am telling everyone anyway.

Given that the only way there will be indy is through direct say in another referendum, then a vote for SNP is a vote for more devo. So if you are in the overwhelming majority of Scots who wants more devo, vote SNP.

I just don't want to see the SNP become as hateful and bitter as SLab.

It might have lost in September but positivity will win the day in the long run.

It's a fair point. Im just venting.

That said, I dont specifically care if Labour voters move to the SNP, the Greens or even the Liberal Democrats. As long as we break Labour's stranglehold on Scotland for good and that starts with a clean out of the current generation.

Also there is the idea, backed up by polls from the last few years, that the 'settled will' of Scots is maximum devolution. In which case the best way to get what you want is to vote No in an indy ref, and then SNP in a Westminster election. This is what I am telling everyone anyway.

Given that the only way there will be indy is through direct say in another referendum, then a vote for SNP is a vote for more devo. So if you are in the overwhelming majority of Scots who wants more devo, vote SNP.

This.

"Maximum Devolution" - that's one of those things that no one can really define, eh?

For the morons and the shitebags, and very often for the moronic shitebags.

The Unionist vote will be split 4 ways once UKIP get all their pre-election publicity...

Although similarly the Greens could put a spanner in the SNP works if there are seats that are a close call (assuming the bulk of Green voters would vote SNP if the there was no Green candidate)...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/scotland/

Note under the report about Ashcroft:

Is this poll believable?

So, if it were Labour ahead by same margin, would be get a similar article?

They are phuqqing unbelievable, not the polls.

Worth reposting this here I think...

https://lenathehyena.wordpress.com/tag/bbc-scotland/

Edited by Toepoke

Although similarly the Greens could put a spanner in the SNP works if there are seats that are a close call (assuming the bulk of Green voters would vote SNP if the there was no Green candidate)...

just heard last night the greens are not standing in our constituency.. that's yours and mine... :ok:

so maybe a few 1000 more votes for snp here...

Edited by stocky

Jim Sheridan's my MP Stocky. Presume he's on a shoogly peg too however.

awrite, u in other Paisley

They didn't have a Green, and we did, they could only afford to put one guy up, the guy who won lives in your seat, so that's where he is standing....

Sheriiden was the MP who voted against Gay Marriage......

A couple of ex Labour girls I know say his seat is safer than Doogies... but they will put plenty of manpower and money into Doogies seat

so who knows

Paisley is a Yes area... over 60% in places....

we will wait and see....

SNP select Tory loving Patricia Gibson as their candidate for North Ayrshire & Arran.

It'll be the one seat where the SNP candidate is more of a Tory than the Labour one then.