St Johnstone V Aberdeen - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

St Johnstone V Aberdeen

Over the piece? No.

The first 30 minutes they did.

We must have a different definition of battered then because that wasn't a team battering another from what in saw. They had more of the ball and attacked us more than we did them to start with, we grew into the match and were the slightly better side for the nextb 40-50 minutes.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We must have a different definition of battered then because that wasn't a team battering another from what in saw. They had more of the ball and attacked us more than we did them to start with, we grew into the match and were the slightly better side for the nextb 40-50 minutes.

Ok, fair enough. It's about opinions.

For me - They won every ball all over the park for a third of the game. Should have been 3 0 up, and out of sight.

I did say for 30 minutes.

:lol: Stop being a mope.

You're going way over the top. Tell me the 3 goals they should have had.

I don't think I am. We were very poor for 30 minutes.

Free kick from Lappin, Brown's double save and the 1on 1 they had within 2 minutes spring to mind. Softer penalties have been given as well.

Listen, you'll know better than me though. I'm happy to leave it there.

All I'm 'trying' to say is that the start (30mins) we had was nothing to do with not having a left back.

Which is what could be peddled. If you want it to.

Having no left back meant that the entire balance of that side was upset so that played a major part.

Sounded like a good game from the bits I heard but is a good example of why no one will actually put a title challenge in.

Celtic have been very poor by their own standards, with a new manager revamping the squad and style of play.

According to the Dons fans they have been excellent for the majority of the Season yet they are level on points and Celtic have 2 games in hand.

I think the next 3 or 4 games will see the "race" effectively end.

Mind you the challenge has lasted a wee bit longer than the usual Christmas period.

Sounded like a good game from the bits I heard but is a good example of why no one will actually put a title challenge in.

Celtic have been very poor by their own standards, with a new manager revamping the squad and style of play.

According to the Dons fans they have been excellent for the majority of the Season yet they are level on points and Celtic have 2 games in hand.

Mind you the challenge has lasted a wee bit longer than the usual Christmas period.

I wouldn't say we've been excellent.

What I would say is that we've been fairly consistent bar a few hiccups.

We appear to over reliant on the same 13 players which is not enough to put in a real challenge.

When we hit the top it was only as a result of an exceptional run of wins which was never going to keep going.

That said 8 wins and 2 draws in the last 10 is still the best form in the league over the last 10 and we'd need to do the same again over the next 10 if we hope to put pressure on Celtic.

I think we'll come up a tad short as the squad just doesn't have enough depth. Hope I'm wrong and we get in 2 or 3 to bolster the squad this week to give us a fighting chance of giving Celtic a rub for their money.

St Johnstone did absolutely f*ck all from the 35th minute to the 88th (I don't count them hitting the post when the guy was 2 yards offside).

Aberdeen dominated for the best part of an hour. Given their 2 chances in the last minute, I'll say that a draw was maybe fair. No way in a million years did Saints deserve 3 points though.

Dry yer feckin eyes. You were lucky to get a point.

Edited by biffer

I don't think we've been excellent. I also don't think Celtic are a poor squad - their manager is just a bit crap.

First 11 v First 11 with respective managers at the helm, very little difference between Aberdeen and Celtic. However one injury and we are stuffed, as last nights total reshuffle to try and accommodate proved. Celtic could put out a similar team 3 times over. Hence why there has never been a title race.

I don't think we've been excellent. I also don't think Celtic are a poor squad - their manager is just a bit crap.

First 11 v First 11 with respective managers at the helm, very little difference between Aberdeen and Celtic. However one injury and we are stuffed, as last nights total reshuffle to try and accommodate proved. Celtic could put out a similar team 3 times over. Hence why there has never been a title race.

The jury is still out on Deila, but the first 11 chat is utterly preposterous.

From what I've seen of Aberdeen, they've got a side that can get wins - reasonably solid at the back, a couple of players who can score. Essentially, a decent "team". As individual players go, Pawlett might get a look in & that would be it (at a push).

If Utd could find consistency, I'm pretty sure they'd finish 2nd.

The jury is still out on Deila, but the first 11 chat is utterly preposterous.

From what I've seen of Aberdeen, they've got a side that can get wins - reasonably solid at the back, a couple of players who can score. Essentially, a decent "team". As individual players go, Pawlett might get a look in & that would be it (at a push).

If Utd could find consistency, I'm pretty sure they'd finish 2nd.

Shows how little you know about the Aberdeen team. Pawlett lucky to be in the team right now. He certainly isn't first pick.

Hardly preposterous. Other than Brown, Van Dijk and possibly Gordon, not sure who I would have from you first 11.

You have a squad, that's the only real difference.