Spl Winter Transfer Window - Page 17 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Spl Winter Transfer Window

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stunning lack of ambition from united, gms and to a greater extent by armstrong if they switch to celtic now.

united are still in three comps and don't need the money now. They could have waited until the summer. What is the point of going along to see them if this is how the board rewards the fans. I understand armstrong forced their hand but badger him, get him telt and sell in the summer.

be interesting to see how many games they play this season for celtic.

Very disappointing if you're a United fan, though softened slightly by Muirhead and Dixon coming in. Still can't think it's great for competition in the SPL

Good transfer window for Aberdeen.

Excellent signings in McLean and Shinnie (OK, he'll be here in the summer), and both United and ICT severely weakened as their top players leave.

Let's get back to winning games again now.

Good transfer window for Aberdeen.

Excellent signings in McLean and Shinnie (OK, he'll be here in the summer), and both United and ICT severely weakened as their top players leave.

Let's get back to winning games again now.

Add to that not losing anyone and you've got to be happy. Would have liked Shinnie now but I'm guessing the ICT chairman still wasn't returning any calls.

Looking at it from the outside, it could turn out to be very shrewd business by Utd. An injury prone winger who was leaving, as good as he can be, with the club compensated and with 2 exciting young players able to come in. Similar situation with Armstrong. They have received top dollar for a player that had his head turned with another exciting youngster waiting for his chance. Adding Muirhead for buttons is a great piece of business too. I certainly wouldn't be panicking if I were a Utd fan.

Regan - Mr Ashley Im not sure that these loan deals are technically ok in view of the ongoing investigation over your dual involvement with both clubs plus one may be in breach of FIFA rules .

Ashley - I could find you a sponsor

Regan - That will do nicely thank you

Really chuffed with the work done by Aberdeen.

Mclean is an excellent player, with potential to get even better. Compared to the fee Celtic paid for Armstrong, I think we got a bargain.

Shinnie will be a great addition when he joins. Best left-back in the league IMO.

Daniels looks like he'll do a good job until the end of the season.

Culjak I have no idea about. Only signed until the end of the season and will apparently join the development squad. So seems a bit pointless... I''m guess the next few months are really a trial period.

I think United are going to not bother so much with the football now and are just going to parade a suitcase full of cash round Tannadice and we're all supposed to ooh and aah.

3 internationalists brought in this transfer window as well as Muirhead. We've lost better players than Armstrong and GMS in the past and today's reports are saying they asked to leave, so that's obviously going to force United to sell.

Major over reaction by Arabs.

3 internationalists brought in this transfer window as well as Muirhead. We've lost better players than Armstrong and GMS in the past and today's reports are saying they asked to leave, so that's obviously going to force United to sell.

not sure I agree with this. Major lack of ambition shown by the club. especially given their "we dont need to sell sh&t" earlier this in the season.

Aberdeen have done well and strengthened without losing anyone.

Not sure I would be all that chuffed if a Utd fan. Brought in two full backs and a lad that didn't exactly shine for Killie on the 3 occasions I've seen them this season. Selling your two "best" players with running ability to a team you play in a Cup final in a few weeks........ Utd will have to change quite a bit to adapt.

Really chuffed with the work done by Aberdeen.

Mclean is an excellent player, with potential to get even better. Compared to the fee Celtic paid for Armstrong, I think we got a bargain.

Shinnie will be a great addition when he joins. Best left-back in the league IMO.

Daniels looks like he'll do a good job until the end of the season.

Culjak I have no idea about. Only signed until the end of the season and will apparently join the development squad. So seems a bit pointless... I''m guess the next few months are really a trial period.

The Kojak deal was done by a former Tamber

You do know that Armstrong is Celtic's first major signing from another Scottish club in 4 1/2 years? Would you rather we spvnked our money on diddies from abroad so you could trot out the "Money flowing out of Scottish football" argument instead?

Doesn't feel like 4 1/2 years since you signed GMS two weeks ago.