Spl Winter Transfer Window - Page 21 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Spl Winter Transfer Window

Awww. Paton & Erskine didn't improve United and seriously weakened our squad.

At least you got paid and your players weren't tapped up by their former manager.

I struggle to believe that losing Paton weakened your squad - surely his absence improved it?!

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least you got paid and your players weren't tapped up by their former manager.

I can feel the bitterness. Enjoy your moment but if I was you I would be more worried about losing O'Donnell in the summer for f@ck all, probably to us!

Fair point, although Paton has been a cornerstone of the team. We're not just stockpiling players and we wouldn't have been affected by the law I'm proposing. I'm not looking to abolish Bosman (although I would if I could).

I can feel the bitterness. Enjoy your moment but if I was you I would be more worried about losing O'Donnell in the summer for f@ck all, probably to us!

Agreed. A far, far better player than the two previously mentioned. Paton is very average and erskine for all he was brilliant with thistle is a decent premier league player, no more.

O'donnell on the other hand is a fantastic talent and despite being slightly annoyed at us getting nothing for him and you guys potentially getting a fortune for him I can't fault him in his club of choice. Would've earnt more at Blackpool I've no doubt but with United he will get the big move he deserves. Much like jackie McNamara's move I totally get the ambition to move on to a place whereby progression is far more noticeable. I'm happy to see him suceed, unlike most of my fellow jags. I'll be delighted to see o'donnell pull on a full Scotland Jersey and United will assist him in that.

You have got a proper cracker in him. i wish him the very best at United. He served thistle well and at times was criminally under appreciated in the stands. Can't think of a better club in scotland to aid his development.

Agreed. A far, far better player than the two previously mentioned. Paton is very average and erskine for all he was brilliant with thistle is a decent premier league player, no more.

O'donnell on the other hand is a fantastic talent and despite being slightly annoyed at us getting nothing for him and you guys potentially getting a fortune for him I can't fault him in his club of choice. Would've earnt more at Blackpool I've no doubt but with United he will get the big move he deserves. Much like jackie McNamara's move I totally get the ambition to move on to a place whereby progression is far more noticeable. I'm happy to see him suceed, unlike most of my fellow jags. I'll be delighted to see o'donnell pull on a full Scotland Jersey and United will assist him in that.

You have got a proper cracker in him. i wish him the very best at United. He served thistle well and at times was criminally under appreciated in the stands. Can't think of a better club in scotland to aid his development.

This Jag agrees with every word of that.

Great post flynnyboy.

This Jag agrees with every word of that.

Great post flynnyboy.

Good post flynnyboy. Not sure we will get him if he is that good and to be honest if he is you deserve a decent fee for him. I hate this post bosman world of clubs getting ripped off and getting nothing for players they have developed.