Spl Winter Transfer Window - Page 19 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Spl Winter Transfer Window

He's only 18 for goodness sake!

Seen him come through the youth system and he's a cracking finisher. Best left foot I've seen at club.

His confidence was shot to peices by that clown of a manager playing him anywhere but striker.

He'll do well at Utd.

Better than Tam Black? :o Praise indeed!

Appreciate Robbie's got youth on his side but he's certainly not impressed me as much as the likes of Naismith, Boyd, Burke at a similar age. Time will tell...

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I can understand the disappointment of Dundee United fans at losing their best players, I'd have to commend the bean counters at the club for getting too dollar for them!

They've done a great job at getting the price they want, and are reinvesting the money in young players and youth development.

The transfer window where you brought in £2million isn't going to be a story to tell your grandkids though, like a cup win over celtic might have been, but I suppose every player has a price and unlike my team who let promising talent run down their contract and piss off for sweet FA, at least Dundee United are getting that price.

To be honest Armstrong is still pretty unproven. £1.8m for him is pretty good money in my opinion.

Time will tell, but it's a lot of money to pay....within Scotland...for what is effectively potential.

I think United got a great deal out of this.

United are a lot like Hibs of around 10 years ago...they're at a point where they're managing to get absolutely top dollar for younger players with potential. I've no doubt that at least one of them will become the new Scott Brown and end up getting 50 caps, but equally there's a fair chance that one of them might be the new Derek Riordan and disappear into the wilderness.

I know how the United fans feel. I felt the same when Rangers and Celtic pick our team apart. I hope they can continue to bring talent through as we weren't able to and look where we have ended up.

I will add that it wasn't just selling these players that we ended up in the mire.

Time will tell, but it's a lot of money to pay....within Scotland...for what is effectively potential.

I think United got a great deal out of this.

United are a lot like Hibs of around 10 years ago...they're at a point where they're managing to get absolutely top dollar for younger players with potential. I've no doubt that at least one of them will become the new Scott Brown and end up getting 50 caps, but equally there's a fair chance that one of them might be the new Derek Riordan and disappear into the wilderness.

Reckon that's Goodwillie and we've already pocketed £2m for him.

Reckon that's Goodwillie and we've already pocketed £2m for him.

I think you're wrong about Goodwillie.

He's not yet back to being the player he was 3 years ago, but McInnes is getting a lot out of him and he's a 100% better than he was at the start of the season.

Another year at Aberdeen will do him the world of good.

I think you're wrong about Goodwillie.

He's not yet back to being the player he was 3 years ago, but McInnes is getting a lot out of him and he's a 100% better than he was at the start of the season.

Another year at Aberdeen will do him the world of good.

Goodwillie of three years ago would've scored two, maybe at the weekend. Speed of thought and reactions were just rotten.

Hope I'm wrong and he gets back to where he was.

Goodwillie of three years ago would've scored two, maybe at the weekend. Speed of thought and reactions were just rotten.

I would've scored at least one. He had an open goal from 6 yards out, yet missed.

I'm with you. He's no longer good enough and doesn't look like he ever will be. I'd drop him and give Shankland a run in the team.

I realise that you're judging him over those 90 minutes, but going by that standard then I think we can quite safely write off Telfer and Armstrong as utter rubbish, and Ciftci will obviously never score another goal unless it's a kinda fluke from a suspiciously offside position.

I'd also point out that Goodwillie had a stormer at Tannadice back in December when your defence couldn't cope with his movement and speed of thought.

He's definitely not the player he was 3 years ago, but he's come on leaps and bounds in the last 5 months. I don't think he deserves to be written off yet.

Delighted with our dealings in the window.

Never likely VVD would leave, but Commons looked on the cards. He still has plenty to offer & we should still be keeping him for a year or two longer.

GMS & Armstrong are superb signings. Armstrong in particular will be a steal for that money in the long term.

No question these players are Deila's first signings as opposed to the dross he was landed with in the summer by Park & Lawwell. I think most of the doubts over Deila are all but gone for the board & the fans now.

I think most of the doubts over Deila are all but gone for the board & the fans now.

I think fans of other clubs want Delia to stay for a long time.

It's hilarious how easily he's endeared himself to the Celtic fans.

1. Scrape a win vs a team with 1/10th of the budget

2. Run over to fans and celebrate like you've won the world cup.

3. Play the victim at every opportunity

4. Be adored by Celtic fans.

Lennon was a master at 2-4, his teams were actually good though. :lol:

I think fans of other clubs want Delia to stay for a long time.

It's hilarious how easily he's endeared himself to the Celtic fans.

1. Scrape a win vs a team with 1/10th of the budget

2. Run over to fans and celebrate like you've won the world cup.

3. Play the victim at every opportunity

4. Be adored by Celtic fans.

Lennon was a master at 2-4, his teams were actually good though. :lol:

Delia's my favourite Sellik manager since Neil Lennon.

I love his...'I have to do something to try and make the fans like me'.....fist pump routine when Rasellik have just scraped past another team with 1/50th of their budget.

It reminds me of when the Tory cabinet tried to pretend that they were really working class by turning up for a party conference walkabout wearing suits without ties.

He's a real Sellik man.

I'll do our resident the sheep the courtesy of responding to their drivel.

Deila's endeared himself to the Celtic fans by being top of the league, getting to the League Cup final, still being in the Scottish Cup & still being in the Europa League. As much as Sunday was a nothing contest, he handled the build up very well & would never have lived it down if we didn't win.

I don't think you could have thrown many managers into CL qualifiers so early on with our squad & expected any other outcome. I'm pretty sure Lennon knew the writing was on the wall, so bailed when he did. It's unfair to lay the blame at Deila's door for that. After a sticky start, things have improved no end.

As for the fist pumps & getting involved with the fans, he's simply behaving the same as he did when he was at Stormsgodset. His antics were well documented, so he's doing nothing new to put on a show for us. I appreciate the first time you guys will probably have noticed it was after the 2-1 game up at Pittodrie, so it probably hit a nerve.

Obviously the wee purple patch coming to an end up the road will lead to jealousy, but your posts are absolute nonsense.