Spl Winter Transfer Window - Page 20 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Spl Winter Transfer Window

I think fans of other clubs want Delia to stay for a long time.

It's hilarious how easily he's endeared himself to the Celtic fans.

1. Scrape a win vs a team with 1/10th of the budget

2. Run over to fans and celebrate like you've won the world cup.

3. Play the victim at every opportunity

4. Be adored by Celtic fans.

Lennon was a master at 2-4, his teams were actually good though. :lol:

Edited - not worth it.

Edited by Barney Rubble

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think fans of other clubs want Delia to stay for a long time.

It's hilarious how easily he's endeared himself to the Celtic fans.

1. Scrape a win vs a team with 1/10th of the budget

2. Run over to fans and celebrate like you've won the world cup.

3. Play the victim at every opportunity

4. Be adored by Celtic fans.

Lennon was a master at 2-4, his teams were actually good though. :lol:

Have you seen the video doing the rounds on facebook of him half jaked in what looks like a supporters club?

The transfer window should be abolished. Just gives the richer teams another opportunity to improve their squads for the final push to the end of the season.

Don't blame any of the clubs, gotta look out for themselves. I can see why United sold as well, although the fans have a right to be pissed off at the timing of it. But United have did it to others as well, the football food chain and all that.

I would've scored at least one. He had an open goal from 6 yards out, yet missed.

I'm with you. He's no longer good enough and doesn't look like he ever will be. I'd drop him and give Shankland a run in the team.

I don't agree. Did you see his performance against Saints on New Year's Day? He was completely unplayable, not one Saints player could get near him. His link up play, ball retention and strength are all fantastic and I would be gutted if he was to be dropped, he offers so much to the team, especially since all Pawlett does is run around with no real purpose until tackled or he's ran the ball out of play. Not Goodwilies best performance in the semi but he was hardly alone.

Agree that Shankland deserves a chance but I'd be more tempted to play Goodwillie in the hole behind front two and drop Pawlett, well at least I was thinking that until Maclean signed.

I don't think there should be any transfer window at certain times of the year.

Just buy & sell all year round like before.

It's just another thing conjured up by football organisations etc to create media frenzies, hype and false interest.

When the window closes at the start of the season that's it until the end.

It's a farce that teams with endless finances can just buy x amount of players to win trophies half way into a season.

You'd end up with another Bosman type case. It would be restricting the players ability to work. Especially if they were released, or frozen out.

I don't agree. Did you see his performance against Saints on New Year's Day? He was completely unplayable, not one Saints player could get near him. His link up play, ball retention and strength are all fantastic and I would be gutted if he was to be dropped, he offers so much to the team, especially since all Pawlett does is run around with no real purpose until tackled or he's ran the ball out of play. Not Goodwilies best performance in the semi but he was hardly alone.

Agree that Shankland deserves a chance but I'd be more tempted to play Goodwillie in the hole behind front two and drop Pawlett, well at least I was thinking that until Maclean signed.

Pawlett scored the only goal 2 games running before the St Johnstone game.

For what its worth I'd rest Pawlett and Goodwillie this week and bring in Smith along with McLean.

Couldn't you argue that happens already?

Definitely, but at least with the transfer window it's only reasonably short term, so nobody has complained yet that I know of.

However if a player got frozen out in September and had to hang around until June and took it to court, that would perhaps lead to transfer windows being outlawed completely, with players free to move 365 days a year, which would actually make the original problem worse.

I don't think there should be any transfer window at certain times of the year.

Just buy & sell all year round like before.

It's just another thing conjured up by football organisations etc to create media frenzies, hype and false interest.

Agree transfer window is shite.

You'd end up with another Bosman type case. It would be restricting the players ability to work. Especially if they were released, or frozen out.

But the player would be getting paid.

There's no restriction of trade. Players are getting paid and players without clubs can still sign for one.

I think maximum squad size is needed, say 18 players over 21 used in a season. Celtic have bought GMS and Armstrong and it hasn't really improved them, just inflated their squad and weakened Utd.

Awww. Paton & Erskine didn't improve United and seriously weakened our squad.

At least you got paid and your players weren't tapped up by their former manager.

Edited by OLAS