Scotland v Northern Ireland Match Thread - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland v Northern Ireland Match Thread

Tartan blood

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shankland 100% should have started.

Team played with about as much charisma as one of Clarke’s interviews.

We need wingers not Kenny pointy pirate hat wanker McLean subbed on to do hee haw.

Just gash.

Oh well nevermind 😂🤦🏾‍♂️

17 minutes ago, slasher said:

So, he’s third choice at his club but he has to play through a major slump (or maybe this is his level?) in a fuckin Scotland shirt? No ta. Maybe he was just overrated in the first place 🤷🏼‍♂️

When he first broke through he was superb in Europe with Rangers but clearly something has happened to him.

We are devoid of options from the bench to really change the game tactically. 

We could do with a Doak, Barnes, someone of that ilk (An Armstrong but someone that actually has a bit of pace and trickery about them).

I just don't understand this Scottish mentality where we don't pick teenagers, NI had Bradley in as soon as he had a few starts for Liverpool yet we are not picking the likes of Doak (aye i know he's injured but he could return for euros) or Doig despite playing at the top level 

21 minutes ago, slasher said:

So, he’s third choice at his club but he has to play through a major slump (or maybe this is his level?) in a fuckin Scotland shirt? No ta. Maybe he was just overrated in the first place 🤷🏼‍♂️

When he first broke through he was superb in Europe with Rangers but clearly something has happened to him.

5 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Shankland 100% should have started.

Team played with about as much charisma as one of Clarke’s interviews.

We need wingers not Kenny pointy pirate hat wanker McLean subbed on to do hee haw.

Just gash.

Oh well nevermind 😂🤦🏾‍♂️

McLean won the header to create shanklands best chance. 

Shankland has now played in both matches and has done his chances no harm but he needs goals in the next against finland. 

I'd also add their goal was a massive stroke of luck. Patterson handed them the ball, not once but twice and then it takes a deflection. It was freakishly lucky.

There's not one single positive to take from that load of utter honking SH*TE.  Not one.

Clearly we can't break down teams that are set up to play us on the counter and when we set up like that, e.g. Friday night, we're prone to getting fkin murdered.  I can usually find something to be optimistic about, but not after watching that complete and utter total p*sh.

The GOOD NEWS is that the boys have done a grand job of managing expectations in the summer. Kudos.

Also good news is that we won’t have to ‘make the play’ to the same extent against anyone in the summer. Just as well as you really need natural width to break through in these games and we don’t have it. And of course we don’t do friendlies!

The bad news is the form of our best players seems to have fallen off a cliff lately. That needs to change. The manager should have given more game time to Ferguson, Shankland and Ralston imo. If Hickey is out for the summer the current version of Patterson is not an option for me!

Talk of Doak etc is nonsense imo.

I’m a bit dumbfounded about what’s happened to this team. The preparation for euros is completely f*ked. When we qualified I felt this team was ready to get out the group. Yes we have better calibre players than we’ve had in a long time but they are still not good enough for the teams we are going to face. I can’t see anything other than 3 defeats and probably a couple of hammerings because the confidence is now shot to pieces. 

Patterson was murder - he's better than that but you can tell he's rusty with lack of game time at Everton. I kind of understand Clarke giving him the full match when he really should have been hooked.

What I don't understand is the bizarre 541 / 451 against a team a couple of levels below us. Why play so many CMs?No Shankland and Ferguson starting also a strange one.

Some of the experienced lads need to have a long hard look at themselves. McGinn and Christie were abject tonight.

Bad day at the office all round.

Mcgregor mcgregor mcgregor the most influencencial player in the country. He does it all. Not appreciated because of who he plays for but the only genuine player with European instincts. Can do it all. Lost without the heartbeat.