New Ticketing System Now Live - Page 12 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

New Ticketing System Now Live

Brummie Hibs

apologies if this has been answered already, but couldn't see.. what if one of your friends/family can't go on the day, will it still let you give their ticket to another family/friend?  notwithstanding it'll be "non transferable" in theory, can it be done?  

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, PapofGlencoe said:

apologies if this has been answered already, but couldn't see.. what if one of your friends/family can't go on the day, will it still let you give their ticket to another family/friend?  notwithstanding it'll be "non transferable" in theory, can it be done?  

The answer is ‘ no one knows’. I personally think if anyone can get  the app , and you give them the sign on details of the person who can’t attend,  it would work. But not sure if it will be a simple as that. 
You could then just change the password afterwards for security.
500 people all changing their password after the game might be a bit obvious right enough …

5 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

I think the only option would be to let the person you give the ticket to your login details for the ticket app. 

6 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

Will you be willing to go to the trouble of contacting the SSC and inform them that the member hasn’t attended fixture xy and z to ensure they aren’t awarded a point for that fixture?

If not then it goes against the T&Cs and brings the club into disrepute

1 minute ago, TDYER63 said:

The answer is ‘ no one knows’. I personally think if anyone can get  the app , and you give them the sign on details of the person who can’t attend,  it would work. But not sure if it will be a simple as that. 
You could then just change the password afterwards for security.
500 people all changing their password after the game might be a bit obvious right enough …

Okay cheers!  did seem a bit draconion

Just now, DoonTheSlope said:

Will you be willing to go to the trouble of contacting the SSC and inform them that the member hasn’t attended fixture xy and z to ensure they aren’t awarded a point for that fixture?

If not then it goes against the T&Cs and brings the club into disrepute

disrepute?😅  im just talking about sitting next to pals at a football match.  Probably not no, and im not sure the ire meets the problem here.  getting points doesn't even come into it, its just one of the uncles or kids might not be able to go.  i'll need to remember that one next time.  kids we're all in disrepute!

1 minute ago, PapofGlencoe said:

Okay cheers!  did seem a bit draconion

disrepute?😅  im just talking about sitting next to pals at a football match.  Probably not no, and im not sure the ire meets the problem here.  getting points doesn't even come into it, its just one of the uncles or kids might not be able to go.  i'll need to remember that one next time.  kids we're all in disrepute!

Try being as brazen as that to those who were on the cusp of the 12 point mark during the Euros sales period and missed out due to those who have harvested points

Just now, DoonTheSlope said:

Try being as brazen as that to those who were on the cusp of the 12 point mark during the Euros sales period and missed out due to those who have harvested points

not that i need to explain myself to you but i won't need to because none of us, that spend plenty money as it is, go to away games so we're not costing you anything. 

not a single person in the group is interested in harvesting points, they just want to sit next to people they know as they've done for years.  if that's brazen in your book i'll be able to live with it.    

1 minute ago, DoonTheSlope said:

😆

I asked you this before and you didn’t answer. How can someone  prevent another member having enough points  ? There are tickets available to every member for home games so every member has an opportunity to get a point per game . 

Family and friends was OK this morning in spite of my brothers email address being wrong - think its been sorted now. My gripe is my wife and I are over 65 but have been charged full price for South Stand as advertised in the SSC emails, The auto default to price reduction has worked in the past for us without any problrms.

Anyone else experienced this?

Edited by btl

Personal tale of woe re: system today, normally I put people's issues largely down to folk no being able to work a computer as usually it's very straightforward. The same still goes for the embarrassing amount of people who still can't work an e-ticket at the gate.

The issue was our mate who was booking on behalf of everyone else added all friends and family by email address rather than by supporters' number. This automatically created completely new supporter IDs on the existing email addresses and new supporters numbers for memberships that didn't exist, which when you think about it really doesn't make sense why they would let that happen.

To rectify he had to re-add everyone by our old supporters number, and everyone had to get a new consent email and wait in the queue to get on the site. Thankfully everyone was available to check emails and consent again. The only consequence was this took a couple of hours to sort out and we've ended up in D5 as opposed to C4 where we would normally look.

Finally got on and bought tickets.

They had only gone and moved my "Account" from my e-mail address on the Old System where all my purchases are made from, codes sent to buy UEFA Tickets etc to a works e-mail address of mines that i've maybe used twice to buy an occasional ticket for a client or someone. 

Deleted the "Works Account" and changed login details and password  back to what they should be on the Membership Account.

Now we await the APP 

3 1/2 hours to get two tickets ending up right at the front of the west stand. Never had a problem with the previous system and I'm not exactly Elon Musk. You know the old phrase 'if it aint broke, don't fix it'. I presume the new system is intended to be more secure or something? Beats me. The phrase 'new IT system' chills the blood.

25 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

😆

I asked you this before and you didn’t answer. How can someone  prevent another member having enough points  ? There are tickets available to every member for home games so every member has an opportunity to get a point per game . 

My understanding of his argument is that he had 11 points and attended all home games bar one (probably Poland game). There are others who bought tickets for all games but didn't attend them all who are on 12 points. They got first stab at Euro tickets while those on 11 had to sweat it out.

If this new system for home games means tickets are non transferable and it is actually recording if the ticket is used or not then the points totals of quite a few are going to start to drop....

As is evident above, this is largely irrelevant for a lot of people who don't travel to away games and they don't seem to understand the issue.

41 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Couldn’t agree more, although I do believe most on this thread are genuine. A few of my group bought season tickets last time and only attended the England game, mostly folk that live outside Scotland and didn’t want to miss out on tickets for the Euros. 

59 minutes ago, p gala ta said:

Should be easy enough when the new app comes out .

If you have bought tickets for a group you would just need email addresses to send tickets on to those in the group.

Or am I being a bit optimistic ?

My understanding of it was that tickets will be sent to each member, so everybody will have it on their app, rather than the lead booker needing to distribute them. Could be wrong with that though, and if I am, I don’t really see what the need in changing systems was. 

45 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

😆

You are getting loyalty points for games that you didn't go to, so you will have more points than someone who has been to same number of games that you have. Hence you jump the queue ahead of that person when it comes to the EUROs or other away games. It's not that difficult to understand really. I think you are just feigning ignorance to make yourself feel better. 😉

I think the bigger issue that is being missed by some on here is that being part of a supporters club / buying match day package deals etc should come with advantages / make life abit cheaper or easier than not being part of said group.

The way the SFA have changed things over the years is moving further and further away from that position.

I bought 10 tickets today, 7 adults and 3 kids and it took me nearly 3 hours. That isnt acceptable when I pay to be part of the SSC. I can accept a waiting room but the wait either has to be long and then you get lots of time when actually in the purchasing part or short and then you get less time. This morning was about a 40 minute wait each time and then you get 14 minutes to complete the transaction. 

Now 14 mins would be fine if there wasnt flaws with the system. 1st time round it wouldnt allow me to change 2 seats to kids seats. After that some of the other seats id selected werent available any longer.

The seats not being available happened again on 2nd login. How is that even possible. When seats are selected it should mean that they are unable to be picked by anybody else until I am finished. This obviously isnt the case. Isnt an issue when buying a couple of tickets but when buying for a group is a nightmare.

Buying a match package over several months but not allowing for transfer of tickets will result in less match packages being purchased in future. If they are worried about points then create an option for the point not to be awarded if ticket transferred.

Haven’t read all the comments but can imagine plenty of complaints about the website. 

I found it generally clunky and the seating map rendering on the screen wasn’t great.  

The change of price categories wasn’t particularly user friendly.

Having worked that out, I then made the mistake of assigning 2 of our adult members to child seats (and vice versa). There’s obviously no validation in place on the system as it allowed this to happen. We still have the correct number of adult/child tickets but not sure if it will matter in anyway.