New jersey - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

New jersey

Bzzzz

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new Belgium away kit looks fking sensational tbh. Adidas seem to give them a lot of attention - their last away kit was based on the big Belgian music festival called Tomorrowland. Would say the other “elite” international teams don't get as much effort 

15 hours ago, JECK said:

The new Belgium away kit looks fking sensational tbh. Adidas seem to give them a lot of attention - their last away kit was based on the big Belgian music festival called Tomorrowland. Would say the other “elite” international teams don't get as much effort 

Yeah, they have certainly pulled out all the stops for both the Belgium kits, which is strange when you look at Spains new kit and its probably as off the peg as it comes with next to no tarting it up.

4 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Anyone having issues with ssc code at JD?

I'm sure they changed the rules for the anniversary top due to non-members using the code when the top was launched.

The only way to get the SSC discount on this top was to purchase in store and provide the SSC membership card.

16 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

I still don't understand why that don't put out three different kits and let us vote on them.

Kits take about 18 months to go from concept to shelf..... smaller teams who get off the peg kits and will maybe only sell 2,000-5,000 of them can get away with this, but its not feasible for teams that will sell kits in BIG numbers.

On 1/18/2024 at 10:32 AM, wanderer said:

Kits take about 18 months to go from concept to shelf..... smaller teams who get off the peg kits and will maybe only sell 2,000-5,000 of them can get away with this, but its not feasible for teams that will sell kits in BIG numbers.

Do we come under the banner of a smaller team then? I can't believe it takes 18months to come up with the bog average non descript efforts that we have seen in recent years. 

27 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Do we come under the banner of a smaller team then? I can't believe it takes 18months to come up with the bog average non descript efforts that we have seen in recent years. 

No, as the template that everyone uses is the same.

It used to be that Adidas would use Marseille as Guinea Pigs for kits, and they would get templates that clubs/teams would get 3-4 years down the road.

On 1/15/2024 at 3:35 PM, bdgsct said:

What is the code?

Yes, tried to use it this week to get a t-shirt and it wasn't having it. Gave up in the end for the sake of £6. 

Surprised that our current shirts aren’t on sale yet. 

I noticed the away kit is more or less sold out online, apart from one size, and very few in the JD stores I’ve been in recently. 

They must be sufficiently low in stock of both variants that they’re not bothering to discount until the new kits appear. 

Not just Scotland kits but prices these days are beyond silly. Nearly 2 year old kids top is £50

Would be good if a big club side or international team would make a stand and cap new strips at 35 quid or something.

• 4 weeks later...

Might be nothing, but yesterday on Linkedin, the SFA kitman posted a presentation video of a deal the SFA have signed to get bespoke numbers and letters for using on the team kits (Scotland crest will be printed on the bottom of each number) and the thing that stood out was that the new numbers and letters were yellow, which made me think if we are getting a Euro 96 themed kit.

3 hours ago, wanderer said:

Might be nothing, but yesterday on Linkedin, the SFA kitman posted a presentation video of a deal the SFA have signed to get bespoke numbers and letters for using on the team kits (Scotland crest will be printed on the bottom of each number) and the thing that stood out was that the new numbers and letters were yellow, which made me think if we are getting a Euro 96 themed kit.

Would have thought we were tied to using adidas numbers?