Injury Watch - Page 25 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Injury Watch

Caledonian Craig

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, scotlad said:

And he's the biggest crock-waiting-to-happen of them all. 🤦‍♂️

I have a mental image of him breaking down about 25 minutes into the Germany game and that being his tournament - and Scotland's - fecked!

Such a talented player on his day but just a pity his body breaks down as easily as snapping a poppadom in half

30 minutes ago, DesiScotsman said:

Such a talented player on his day but just a pity his body breaks down as easily as snapping a poppadom in half

It really is. If he has a groin problem he probably needs an op.

The "injury crisis" has been slightly exaggerated.

The only players who are confirmed absentees are: Brown, Patterson, Ferguson and probably Jack*.

None are first picks.

Gilmour is back, as is Hanley. McTominay will be back soon.

*Hopefully Stuart Armstrong gets added to the list. Apart from his ability to assist Harry Kane, and his constant dropping his head and dribbled the ball out of play, he offers nothing.

Apart from a quiff and a law degree.

7 minutes ago, GilmourFan said:

The only players who are confirmed absentees are: Brown, Patterson, Ferguson and probably Jack*.

None are first picks.

*Hopefully Stuart Armstrong gets added to the list. Apart from his ability to assist Harry Kane, and his constant dropping his head and dribbled the ball out of play, he offers nothing.

Apart from a quiff and a law degree.

I hope you're being tongue in cheek re. Armstrong, he's a good reliable player, puts in a shift and is capable of coming up with a goal. I think we're relieved that McTominay's injury is not as bad as first feared. My worry is our defence with both Hickey and Tierney currently out, both are key players in our starting line up.

24 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

I hope you're being tongue in cheek re. Armstrong, he's a good reliable player, puts in a shift and is capable of coming up with a goal. I think we're relieved that McTominay's injury is not as bad as first feared. My worry is our defence with both Hickey and Tierney currently out, both are key players in our starting line up.

Armstrong is a liability and has no contrition for costing a win against England.

He's been forgiven too easily.

Plus He's awful.

His modus operandi is getting the ball, looking down and doing a Forrest Gump impression.

As far as Tierney, Hickey and McTominay go. Far more important.

7 minutes ago, GilmourFan said:

Armstrong is a liability and has no contrition for costing a win against England.

Plus He's awful.

His modus operandi is getting the ball, looking down and doing a Forrest Gump impression.

Lol do you think we are France or Brazil?

By our standards Armstrong is a decent player. He's spent most of his career for Celtic or in the epl and he's done relatively well at that level. 

He's maybe not first pick but he's an important squad player who would probably have gotten serious gametime especially considering Ferguson is out.

2 hours ago, GilmourFan said:

Fucking hell. You're a maniac.

Armstrong has been a solid Scotland player for most if not all of his career. He's scored crucial goals for us, has been an excellent sub many times and deciding not to bloot the ball out the park sunday league style one time won't change that.

Contrition...! Fucking hell....

20 minutes ago, BookhouseBoys said:

Fucking hell. You're a maniac.

Armstrong has been a solid Scotland player for most if not all of his career. He's scored crucial goals for us, has been an excellent sub many times and deciding not to bloot the ball out the park sunday league style one time won't change that.

Contrition...! Fucking hell....

And Armstrong is probably in the best form of his career. That’s coming from someone who would have started phasing him out two or three years ago. 

10 hours ago, GilmourFan said:

Plus He's awful.

No contrition?  By all accounts his wife/girlfriend picked him up after the game and he was inconsolable

It's a pity chripper has to try and be controversial all the time because He has a point about the injury crisis. Mctominay is expected to make it as is Armstrong. Hickey, we don't know yet.

11 hours ago, GilmourFan said:

None are first picks.

I agree somewhat with this. It's only natural that in the build up to the tournament fans and journalists will catastrophise any Scotland player not being fully match fit. Hickey might even be back in time for the Gibraltar and Finland games and Tierney is significantly injury-prone, so just need to accept the fact that he might not make it, or if he does – he might not make all three group Games.

10 hours ago, GilmourFan said:

Plus He's awful.

Nice one! 😂 You caught five (including me) with this post. Welcome to the board GilmourFan!

6 minutes ago, Goozay said:

I agree somewhat with this. It's only natural that in the build up to the tournament fans and journalists will catastrophise any Scotland player not being fully match fit. Hickey might even be back in time for the Gibraltar and Finland games and Tierney is significantly injury-prone, so just need to accept the fact that he might not make it, or if he does – he might not make all three group Games.

Nice one! 😂 You caught five (including me) with this post. Welcome to the board GilmourFan!

He has been here many many times before

6 hours ago, todd said:

No contrition?  By all accounts his wife/girlfriend picked him up after the game and he was inconsolable

How do his wife and his girlfriend get on?  That’s pretty modern, but then Stretch is a modern kinda dude. 

21 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Double pivot be getting suggested next 

I think that has been suggested already. We've already had the full house 😆 

56 minutes ago, N4Footsoldier said:

This is what I was looking for, although some of the NO's on here are optimistic

1000056569.jpg

Nice presentation. Is this your file? We can make our own if not and keep it up to date with a link posted on the forum

14 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

Nice presentation. Is this your file? We can make our own if not and keep it up to date with a link posted on the forum

It's not mine 🤣 This is from the Everything Scotland Twitter. Tartan Scarf and AlbaMatter are other accounts that do decent content like this