Injury Watch - Page 21 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Injury Watch

Caledonian Craig

1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Wasn't it Beckham with metatarsal.

47 minutes ago, adamntg said:

How could you forget!?  😂

😄

We're both right, Beckham did his in 2002, Rooney in 2006.

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I expect Fraser will be called up now and is a decent attacking replacement for Armstrong IMO. 

I'm not panicking about RB till we know for sure whether Hickey is out.

Ferguson is blow but we aren't too shabby in midfield. 

11 hours ago, Toepoke said:

How could you forget Rooney's metatarsal?  Front page news for about a month. Or Rio's knee. Going further back, Bryan Robson's head falling off on Spitting Image.

Ah yes. But that was when they had a much smaller pool. Bit like us now I suppose.

1 hour ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Russell Martin says Armstrong not as bad as first feared. Most probably out of their remaining fixtures, but hopeful he'll make the Euros

Wow I was about to post I'm gutted for the player & us but you've cheered me up. Always been a fan of Armstrong, classy footballer & person, let's  hope Martin is right🍀

Edited by theabsentee
Grammar error

5 hours ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Russell Martin says Armstrong not as bad as first feared. Most probably out of their remaining fixtures, but hopeful he'll make the Euros

That is good news. He most likely wouldn't be playing 90 minutes anyway so I wouldn't be as worried about his fitness as someone like Hickey.

6 hours ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

A bit of good news on the injury fronnt at last. Cheers for that.

Meanwhile, have no return date set for Ben Doak so that suggests he is still a long way off a return.

Fingers crossed for Armstrong, I certainly think he has been very good for Southampton this season and will most certainly be an impact Sub at the Euro’s 

10 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Re the right back situation: why has Calvin Ramsay not been mentioned? Thinks he is playing now on loan at Preston,and he has one cap.

He is at Bolton on loan and has barely played any minutes

1 minute ago, csinclair said:

Bizarrely doesn't even seem to be injured at the moment, just can't get in Bolton's squad

Something not quite right with Ramsay - he fully deserved his move and he has the talent to play at preston or Bolton's level. 

29 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Something not quite right with Ramsay - he fully deserved his move and he has the talent to play at preston or Bolton's level. 

For whatever reason not a good season for him. Also pushed down the pecking order at Liverpool with the emergence of Bradley 

8 hours ago, Burj_Alba said:

And they beat Roma, almost guaranteeing a CL spot for next season, hope Fergie stays with them when he has recovered. 

Another season at Bologna would be good for his career imo.

Then a move up to a big team if he's good enough.

Kieran Tierney…. yep he’s injured again 🙄

Groin injury suffered in training.

Also - Aaron Hickey’s chances of being fit in time to play at the Euros rated as “not fantastic” by his club manager. 

Thank feck the Euros don’t begin for another 7 weeks but these increasing amount of recent injuries are deeply concerning to say the least.

Edited by DesiScotsman

Thomas Frank basically heavily implying that Hickey has no chance. For Tierney. I suppose it depends on how bad the strain is. 

When is the last time we put in a decent performance without Tierney? Spain away? 

He'll still go for three CB's and put McKenna in for Tierney. That not only means a diminished defense and attacking threat but also probably means Hendry in the centre as Hanley not looking good either.