Injury Watch - Page 17 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Injury Watch

Caledonian Craig

25 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Correct. We are the only country to have played at three Euros and not got out of our group once.

(We are also the only country to have played at eight World Cups and never got further than the first round).

We just love a bit of infamy don't we? 😝

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

Correct. We are the only country to have played at three Euros and not got out of our group once.

(We are also the only country to have played at eight World Cups and never got further than the first round).

It really grinds with me that, forgetting England for a moment, Wales got out their group twice in the last 2 euros (with relative ease), Ni done at 82 and done at euro 2016 whilst Roi have managed a World Cup quarter final, got out their groups usa 94 and 2002 and also done it in 2016…

We’re a fkin embarrassment in comparison. 

12 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

My suggestion of Ryan Fraser was as replacement for Lewis Ferguson not Hickey or Patterson. If you can find a more suitable one with international experience and goals for us and getting games and in form then lets hear it.

They play totally different positions. 

Fraser has been mostly awful in his 26 caps, can't cross a ball can't go past someone.

We don't play with wingers either so waste of a jersey. 

Also he's on 63k a week, fuck me football is fucked 😂

7 hours ago, Kirk said:

Fraser has been mostly awful in his 26 caps, can't cross a ball can't go past someone.

Still waiting for your suggested alternative for us who has scored muktiple goals and has a silver cap to his name.

On 4/16/2024 at 6:03 AM, syecosse said:

Cairney said a while back he would love to be involved again, it's more not being picked. 

Aye I’m sure he would now we’re going to the Euros. Would he be saying that at the prospect of a Nations League away game in Kazakhstan? 

He can absolutely do one.

On 4/17/2024 at 4:58 PM, Caledonian Craig said:

I don't see how he 'knackers himself' by playing at the Euros. He is back in the gym and light training with the Euros still two months away. Even if he should fail to playfor Brentford he will be continuing to build his fitness up and can test things out in our two friendlies and take it from there. If he comes through those games fine then I cannot see any danger of him 'knackering himself' at the Euros considering he would have had around two and a half months of activity behind him without mishap potentially.

Given the how light our squad might be, I wouldn’t be risking any of our key players against a bunch of butchers, bakers and candlestick makers from Gibraltar, particularly those that are just returning from injury. 

10 hours ago, Kirk said:

I get that you don't like him but that simply isn't true. I don't know his Scotland stats, but he has multiple goals and assists to his name. Like Armstrong, he always has some form of an impact off the bench.

He does go past players, but he very often draws fouls due to his trickery and stature, which can be quite valuable. (if we had a good freekick taker)

In my opinion, subs should be utilised to change things up when plan A or B isn't working. We want players that will do something completely different to what's on the field. That's why I'd take Fraser, and maybe even Turnbull if he can find his form before the end of the season.

3 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

I get that you don't like him but that simply isn't true. I don't know his Scotland stats, but he has multiple goals and assists to his name. Like Armstrong, he always has some form of an impact off the bench.

He does go past players, but he very often draws fouls due to his trickery and stature, which can be quite valuable. (if we had a good freekick taker)

In my opinion, subs should be utilised to change things up when plan A or B isn't working. We want players that will do something completely different to what's on the field. That's why I'd take Fraser, and maybe even Turnbull if he can find his form before the end of the season.

4 goals and 9 assists in 26 caps. A very decent return.

21 minutes ago, breeks_mctavish said:

That’s probably better stats than James Forrest has, take away his 2 game hot streak when I think he scored 4 goals & it definitely would be a better return. On his day & if he’s interested Fraser is worth a place in the squad.

Played 

1 hour ago, Marky said:

Aye I’m sure he would now we’re going to the Euros. Would he be saying that at the prospect of a Nations League away game in Kazakhstan? 

Played in u19s and u21s, 2 caps been in squads but as an unused sub was in Clarkes squad in the past but unused, in 2017 talks about how his dad had him in Celtic strips growing up and regularly visited Scotland and wanted to be playing for Scotland and recently was asked in Jan about Scotland and said he wanted to be called up, he admits pulling out because of injurys in the past but even looking at his career has had his fair share of injurys, cannot actually see that he has not said no to playing for us just unlucky not to be involved more especially with the midfield we have more likely. 

Hopefully Ralston gets some game time before now and the end of the season but it’s doubtful with Celtic title chasing.

Is Max Johnston playing? He’s probably the next in line. Time for a couple of caps in the next two friendlies to get him some experience 

11 hours ago, Kirk said:

It’s time for you to chill with the Fraser stuff 😂 he will be in the squad 

1 hour ago, breeks_mctavish said:

Considering probably half his caps are sub appearances, that is very good stats.

He played a pivotal role in our nations league campaign that got us to our first Euros. And he came on and set up 2 goals to ensure a victory over Ukraine as well. That's just off the top of my head. 

If squads do end up being 26, it would be mad not to take him.

On 4/17/2024 at 6:08 PM, Gala Tartan Army (Borders) said:

im not saying O’Donnell should be in squad in normal circumstances but we have no one else who has played for Scotland at right back and he does have experience in last Euros. Don’t see Clarke taking a punt on Johnson or McCrorie.

Hopefully Hickey does make it and we go with him and Ralston as back up (assuming Patterson is unfortunately goosed as appeared to be on Monday night).

If Patterson is out (I don't think that is certain) and Ralston and Johnstone continue to get zero minutes, it might be worth calling up Livramento (provided he's getting minutes). The argument against was that it would disrupt squad harmony, but if there are no credible replacements it should be considered. 

I'm hopeful we'll still have fully fit Hickey and Patterson at the Euros but it's a worry. 

1 hour ago, er yir macaroon said:

If Patterson is out (I don't think that is certain) and Ralston and Johnstone continue to get zero minutes, it might be worth calling up Livramento (provided he's getting minutes). The argument against was that it would disrupt squad harmony, but if there are no credible replacements it should be considered. 

I'm hopeful we'll still have fully fit Hickey and Patterson at the Euros but it's a worry. 

No the argument, well its not really an argument just fact that Livramento's ambition and desire is to pull on the Three Lions jersey at full level.

3 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Hopefully Ralston gets some game time before now and the end of the season but it’s doubtful with Celtic title chasing.

Is Max Johnston playing? He’s probably the next in line. Time for a couple of caps in the next two friendlies to get him some experience 

Thank fuck someone still uses the right term - game time. Had enough of this 'minutes' pish 🙄

5 hours ago, Marky said:

The same could be said about Che Adams who only committed himself to play for us once we qualified for Euro 2020. Plus he rejected call ups from us previously under McLeish and in Clarke’s early tenure.

2 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

Patterson is definitely out. He’s done his hamstring which is going to require surgery. I like Livramento as a player but he’s said on numerous occasions that he wants to represent England at senior level at some point in his career. So that’s out the window. Looking at the options unless Hickey can make a miraculous return in time (praying that he does🙏🏽🤲🏽), I think it’s probably going to be two players selected out of Ralston/Johnston/McCrorie. Ralston hardly gets a game at Celtic and I was surprised why he didn’t push for a move in January even if it was just on loan to a club that he can get himself regular game time. Johnstone doesn’t get much game time himself and only makes the odd sub appearance for Sturm Graz. McCrorie is the only one that has been playing regularly but I don’t know how he’s been doing at Bristol City.

2 hours ago, DesiScotsman said:

The same could be said about Che Adams who only committed himself to play for us once we qualified for Euro 2020. Plus he rejected call ups from us previously under McLeish and in Clarke’s early tenure.

Patterson is definitely out. He’s done his hamstring which is going to require surgery. I like Livramento as a player but he’s said on numerous occasions that he wants to represent England at senior level at some point in his career. So that’s out the window. Looking at the options unless Hickey can make a miraculous return in time (praying that he does🙏🏽🤲🏽), I think it’s probably going to be two players selected out of Ralston/Johnston/McCrorie. Ralston hardly gets a game at Celtic and I was surprised why he didn’t push for a move in January even if it was just on loan to a club that he can get himself regular game time. Johnstone doesn’t get much game time himself and only makes the odd sub appearance for Sturm Graz. McCrorie is the only one that has been playing regularly but I don’t know how he’s been doing at Bristol City.

Don’t know either but he’s been playing every week and as a RWB so must be doing ok. He can also provide cover as a CH and CDM. 

2 hours ago, DesiScotsman said:

I wasn't aware of his England comments. I saw his mum wanted him to play for Scotland.

11 minutes ago, GHfaeGTA said:

Rumours it’s his ACL just like Ferguson. Hopefully not but not looking good 

Right, who on this board can play? I can only be used sparingly due to the arthritis on my toe joint. 

Seriously bad news for Scotland and really unlucky for Armstrong.