Injury Watch - Page 14 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Injury Watch

Caledonian Craig

2 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Replacement for me would be Ryan Fraser.

Even if the squad size stays at 23, I think Ferguson being out has nailed Fraser's place.

Edited by Toepoke

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nathan Patterson making a rare appearance for Everton as a 2nd half substitute has now been substituted himself with what looks like an injury.

Honestly at this rate now, you are asking the question… who’s next?

Edited by DesiScotsman

I just checked on the score. I saw Paterson on at 45 and off at 90 and thought only two things, neither good..either he was terrible or he got injured. We may be playing Tierney at right back again

Edited by romanticscot

16 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

I just checked on the score. I saw Paterson on at 45 and off at 90 and thought only two things, neither good..either he was terrible or he got injured. We may be playing Tierney at right back again

He looked injured and limped off. 

Looks like a bad day for us, just catching up here & reading the Ferguson sad news after watching Patterson limp off with what looked like a hamstring injury. Gutted for both of them 😪

I'm still hoping for Hickey 🤞 For Ferguson i would go with Fraser, if he is already selected it should be Cairney or Gauld  . Turnbull has done nothing at Cardiff to warrant consideration.

6 hours ago, Gala Tartan Army (Borders) said:

Dont think any chance Fraser will be called up, behaved like a pr1ck too many times. Would like to see a Gauld or Doak (if fit) but cannot see it. Cairney decent but showed zero interest in playing for us.

Think O'Donnell has to come in if Patterson out.

Cairney said a while back he would love to be involved again, it's more not being picked. 

8 hours ago, Gala Tartan Army (Borders) said:

Dont think any chance Fraser will be called up, behaved like a pr1ck too many times. Would like to see a Gauld or Doak (if fit) but cannot see it. Cairney decent but showed zero interest in playing for us.

Liam Palmer to make a triumphant comeback lol?

8 hours ago, Gala Tartan Army (Borders) said:

O’Donnell 😂

12 hours ago, ger intae them said:

Think the almost total unanimous ditching of Patterson for totally unproven players is a bit of a joke. It’s Ralston and a huge ‘arm around’ Patterson. Then Clarke decides on basis of the friendlies and pre-tournament camp.

I don't think anyone was talking about "ditching" Patterson. I was just saying that as he and Ralston are not getting any game time, it's worth considering our Under-21 right back who is getting game time for a team that's second top of Austria's first tier.

And now that Patterson is injured, do you still think discussing other options at right back is a "bit of a joke"?

33 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

What a shame Ferguson is out. One of our best players too. The only shred of comfort is that Clarke wouldn’t have played him anyway tbh. 

Nonsense, at worst he would've used him as sub.

10 hours ago, Gala Tartan Army (Borders) said:

Dont think any chance Fraser will be called up, behaved like a pr1ck too many times.

Fraser played in the Nations League against Ukraine and Ireland in 2022 and that was after any problems he's had with Clarke. He wasn't called up after that as he wasn't playing at all with Newcastle. Maybe Eddie Howe had a grudge against him for how he left Bournemouth. I think he would have been in the last squad if he wasn't injured.

It is now even more imperative that Aaron Hickey can somehow get back fit for the Euros. If so then Hickey and Ralston should take up the right wing-back slots. If Hickey fails to make it then it could be that we have Ralston and maybe Max Johnston as our options there.

14 hours ago, Goozay said:

Max Johnston is a "used" sub most weeks, so he's definitely getting more game time than Ralston and Paterson.

I get that he's uncapped at senior level, but to say you have no idea why he should be near the squad is a bit daft, when right back is a significant problem area for us at the moment. 

Johnston has played 359 mins of league football this season (1,172 mins in all comps). Ralston has played 789 mins (987 mins in all comps)

Johnston has featured in 14 league games, Ralston has featured in 13. 

Ralston has 8 caps already, he's 100% ahead of Johnston on the pecking order. Might be different if Johnston was starting most weeks but he's mainly a sub for league games. 

4 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Johnston has played 359 mins of league football this season (1,172 mins in all comps). Ralston has played 789 mins (987 mins in all comps)

Johnston has featured in 14 league games, Ralston has featured in 13. 

Ralston has 8 caps already, he's 100% ahead of Johnston on the pecking order. Might be different if Johnston was starting most weeks but he's mainly a sub for league games. 

Did most of Ralston's games not come in the earlier part of the season? I'd still have him down as first back-up to Hickey, though.