Norway V Spain - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Norway V Spain

Craig Fae Hamilton

Norway v Spain, If it's not a Draw, who do we want to Win?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. If you had to choose between Spain or Norway winning, which would it be?

• Spain Win, Scotland will qualify and be in Pot 2 at the very best. Excluding Spain slipping up in their final fixtures. Which, they won't.
    • Norway Win, we only need a DRAW versus Georgia to automatically qualify. A Win and a Draw in our final 2 Games would mean we win the Group and be in Pot 1 or 2.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

VAR is now creating the opposite of what it was brought in for and causing more confusion and debate than actual benefits. For a nanosecond I was hoping both Spain goals would be disallowed as a big GIRUY for Thursday, but 2 wrongs dont make a right and I was relieved to have us qualify tonight . 

Well done Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 

3 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Some feeling this.

Blood some players in our remaining two qualifiers 👍🏾

We need to win our last 2 games to give us the best chance of getting into pot 2 so I wouldn’t be blooding too many young players if I was Clarke. 

21 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Pretty sure it is. Every other group have one of the top two teams having dropped 4 or more points. Switzerland are in 2nd place and have only dropped three points, but if they don't drop any more they will win the group.

I think even a win and a draw will give us enough points for best placed 2nd. It would come down to goal difference though. +9 is currently good enough

Lewis Ferguson has to get some time in the next 3 games. With Tierney definitely out, and Robertson a doubt, I’d like to see us play the way we finished the game against Spain with Hickey on the left and Patterson in the right. Not sure who else could be brought in, Doak but doubt that will happen.

Has there been any news on Robertson?

16 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Aye, I think another 4 points might be enough.

Should be doable. Norway will be deflated and I can’t see Haaland turning up at Hampden and we are due a result in Georgia. I’d like to see us winning both games and finishing off the group in style though. 

8 minutes ago, scotlad said:

Excellent. 😁

When the draw was made I thought we'd struggle to finish in the top two but this is the first time we've qualified with games to spare since 1982, I think. 

I was trying to remember if we were through to Euro 96 with a game to spare. I recall the San Marino game being a formality.

Whatever, tremendous campaign, was punching the air at full time in the pub 🍻

13 minutes ago, scotlad said:

Excellent. 😁

When the draw was made I thought we'd struggle to finish in the top two but this is the first time we've qualified with games to spare since 1982, I think. 

We needed a point in our 2nd last game away to NI to qualify for 82.

2 hours ago, immcinto said:

I think even a win and a draw will give us enough points for best placed 2nd. It would come down to goal difference though. +9 is currently good enough

2 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Aye, I think another 4 points might be enough.

2 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

Should be doable. Norway will be deflated and I can’t see Haaland turning up at Hampden and we are due a result in Georgia. I’d like to see us winning both games and finishing off the group in style though. 

I've been looking at that.

2 wins guarantees us 12th spot (Germany plus the 10 group winners then us) and a pot 2 spot. 

4pts and I believe it will be between us and Austria for that 12 spot however I would be worried about the goal difference. I'm suggesting they'll win both which would mean +9 automatically but they've scored 14 to our 12 already. They are currently +7 but have games, all be it away from home against Azerbaijan (on Monday) and Estonia. So that's the game to watch closely tonight. 

The other team that could get 19 and a better goal difference is Italy but they'd need to win at Wembley on Tuesday. 

8 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

We need to win our last 2 games to give us the best chance of getting into pot 2 so I wouldn’t be blooding too many young players if I was Clarke. 

Spot on.

There can be no let up by us. Clarke too has always been canny and cautious. He will want us to secure our best possible seeding by picking up maximum points in our last two games which will need our strongest possible squads and sides being named.

Robertson and Tierney are most likely both already ruled out. I would be very surprised with Doig is not called up to bolster the left-side of defence. Hanley may be back in the reckoning too by then and Craig Gordon. That aside it will be as you were though Doak may force his way on if he continues to progress.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

Sorry, can I just check, am I reading the TAMB as folk work out permutations, not for the incredibly unlikely ways we can qualify- but for us to finish Pot 1 or Pot 2 from a group we've already qualified out of with 2 games remaining?

I'm in my bed reading this, so assume it's all just some crazy dream!

59 minutes ago, Dillinger said:

Sorry, can I just check, am I reading the TAMB as folk work out permutations, not for the incredibly unlikely ways we can qualify- but for us to finish Pot 1 or Pot 2 from a group we've already qualified out of with 2 games remaining?

Yeah, all quite surreal qualifying with with 2 games to spare on a night when we don’t play.

Knowing our luck, there will be another pandemic or Putin will attack Germany just before the tournament is about to start.

3 hours ago, Dillinger said:

Enjoying reading all the posts across different threads too. It's livened things up a bit 👍🙂

3 hours ago, The Black Bra said:

Yeah, all quite surreal qualifying with with 2 games to spare on a night when we don’t play.

Knowing our luck, there will be another pandemic or Putin will attack Germany just before the tournament is about to start.

😂😂😂

If Putin attacks Germany a football tournament will be the least of our worries I think.