Norway V Spain - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Norway V Spain

Craig Fae Hamilton

Norway v Spain, If it's not a Draw, who do we want to Win?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. If you had to choose between Spain or Norway winning, which would it be?

• Spain Win, Scotland will qualify and be in Pot 2 at the very best. Excluding Spain slipping up in their final fixtures. Which, they won't.
    • Norway Win, we only need a DRAW versus Georgia to automatically qualify. A Win and a Draw in our final 2 Games would mean we win the Group and be in Pot 1 or 2.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

I know it doesn’t “work that way” but it’s a good indication surely? Spain are a good team and Norway are not. Which team is more likely to win? 

The team that scores more goals on the night. With, or without, help from the officials in charge of the match. 

We definitely need to end up in pot one so that we can get a group like this:

Scotland

Italy

Spain

Netherlands 

Instead of being in pot 3 and getting a group like this:

Spain

Italy

Scotland 

Netherlands 

I know which one I'd prefer 🤔

1 minute ago, todd said:

We definitely need to end up in pot one so that we can get a group like this:

Scotland

Italy

Spain

Netherlands 

Instead of being in pot 3 and getting a group like this:

Spain

Italy

Scotland 

Netherlands 

I know which one I'd prefer 🤔

🤣 🤣

15 hours ago, Dillinger said:

Draw is massively my preference. 

If not then Spain win. I cannot fucking handle the nerves of Norway winning and our qualification being in further doubt. 

Exactly this for me as well.

The positive thing is any result isn't a complete disaster though.

If Spain win then we'll qualify but it's almost certain that we'll be 2nd and either 2nd or 3rd seeds for the group stage in Germany.

If it's a draw then we still qualify but have a better chance of winning the group.

If Noway win then we just need to draw against them in the final game but if we win both our remaining matches then we win the group and would be pot 1 seeds for Germany next summer.

2 hours ago, Orraloon said:

The team that scores more goals on the night. With, or without, help from the officials in charge of the match. 

Well exactly and Spain are more likely to win because they have better players overall and as I mentioned earlier if there is any brown envelope nonsense going on (which I doubt) UEFA will be desperate for Spain to qualify as a pot 1 team.

I think it will be quite a tight game though. Hopefully it will be a draw. 

3 hours ago, todd said:

I sound ridiculous? You really are a bit of a self righteous chap aren't you?  So you don't believe there's any corruption in football then, fair enough

I wouldn’t say I was self righteous at all, no. Corruption in football is rife but I wouldn’t agree that it’s as blatant as some people are making out. 

I can see UEFA being desperate for the big countries to qualify for the European championships but they aren’t going to risk doing anything silly to try and get one particular player there, especially when it could risk Spain ending up in Pot 2 or even pot 3. They will want Spain in the quarter finals at least.

People thinking that tonight’s game is rigged in Norway’s favour because UEFA want that big doofus Haaland to play in Germany seems ridiculous to me. Just my opinion of course. If you feel that makes me self righteous then you are entitled to your opinion but I’m not sure what you are basing it on. 

19 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

I wouldn’t say I was self righteous at all, no. Corruption in football is rife but I wouldn’t agree that it’s as blatant as some people are making out. 

I can see UEFA being desperate for the big countries to qualify for the European championships but they aren’t going to risk doing anything silly to try and get one particular player there, especially when it could risk Spain ending up in Pot 2 or even pot 3. They will want Spain in the quarter finals at least.

People thinking that tonight’s game is rigged in Norway’s favour because UEFA want that big doofus Haaland to play in Germany seems ridiculous to me. Just my opinion of course. If you feel that makes me self righteous then you are entitled to your opinion but I’m not sure what you are basing it on. 

Fair enough but I wasn't just basing it on this debate alone

4 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

Time will tell if it's been rigged or not (I'm certain Thursday's game was) but thinking it might be isn't all that ridiculous.

Think about it, if you were a neutral who would you be more likely to tune in and watch on the telly or even buy a ticket to go and see play next summer, Erling Haaland or Lyndon Dykes?

If I genuinely thought UEFA rigged it I couldn’t continue watching. 

I mean, nothing is impossible in football given the history of corruption but at that level, it would be like nothing else. 

The goal that wasn’t, it’s not that ridiculous a decision that you can say it’s been rigged. 

6 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Definitely, sooner see it sorted tonight so a Spain win or draw. Remember it looks odds on we will be without Robbo and Tierney for November's double header.

Is the last time we played without either of them Ukraine away. Admittedly, we had other players missing that night and maybe we'll lose some more before the next matches.

5 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I suppose upside is that Grant Hanley and Craig Gordon will both be available by then.

Grant Hanley tore his Achilles tendon in April which I’ll be surprised if he’s back playing football before Christmas. That’s a nasty long term injury. Think Ross Stewart has the same injury which has seen him sidelined since January.

Edited by DesiScotsman