Europe 23/24 - Page 24 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

2 hours ago, dan cake said:

You can pretty much get a firestick for the price of 2 months worth of sky sports subscription, can’t believe some people are happy to pay up to £100 month for tv packages 

Twf would you, I have no words, in this day and age, it’s fkin simple to set up a firestick, £100 per month v £70 per year, might need to start a folder, FFS (fuck off sky) v MMIYP(more money in your pocket), cmon lads, it’s easy.

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, dan cake said:

You can pretty much get a firestick for the price of 2 months worth of sky sports subscription, can’t believe some people are happy to pay up to £100 month for tv packages 

Can't speak for anyone else, however I want a reliable picture when watching my team / Scotland. Firesticks do not provide that, generally

My FF SKY monthly sub for everything is £40. That's not unreasonable

Of course, there's the times (3 months pa) Viaplay needs to be paid for, too. £11.99 pm

Firesticks are fine if you're happy to put up with the inconvenience in my opinion

3 minutes ago, Redz said:

Can't speak for anyone else, however I want a reliable picture when watching my team / Scotland. Firesticks do not provide that, generally

Of course, there's the times (3 months pa) Viaplay needs to be paid for, too. £11.99 pm

Firesticks are fine if you're happy to put up with the inconvenience in my opinion

Can't say that's the experience with my firestick. I've actually had more trouble with the viaplay channel and app in the past compared to the firestick

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Can't say that's the experience with my firestick. I've actually had more trouble with the viaplay channel and app in the past compared to the firestick

Fair enough, that's why I said in general / my experience

Plenty do complain, though, you'll have seen that I'm sure

What a fuck up that was today

• 1 month later...

Rangers draw Benfica in the last 16 of the Europa league.  We've got an excellent record against Portuguese sides but that's a really tough draw, especially when you consider we're the seeded team!

As an aside, after the draw they explained the new European format for next season and I've not got a scooby how it's going to work!!

53 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Rangers draw Benfica in the last 16 of the Europa league.  We've got an excellent record against Portuguese sides but that's a really tough draw, especially when you consider we're the seeded team!

As an aside, after the draw they explained the new European format for next season and I've not got a scooby how it's going to work!!

When is the tie played FB & who has the home game in the second leg ??

On 12/23/2023 at 7:01 PM, Redz said:

My fire stick generally works pretty well, sometimes the game is a minute or 2 behind the real one but totally livable with for the price. Doesn't buffer much at all. Got all the club channels and every ppv going along with all sorts of weird and wonderful channels from across the world. Add in every movie and TV show under the sun and for £80 a year it's a no brainer.

32 minutes ago, Kirk said:

My fire stick generally works pretty well, sometimes the game is a minute or 2 behind the real one but totally livable with for the price. Doesn't buffer much at all. Got all the club channels and every ppv going along with all sorts of weird and wonderful channels from across the world. Add in every movie and TV show under the sun and for £80 a year it's a no brainer.

I watched the UEFA cup final on a dodgy stick that was about 2 minutes behind.  My missus text me when Frankfurt equalised and I had to sit for 2 minutes knowing it was coming but not saying anything to my mates.  Was excruciating!!  Needless to say the phone was muted after that!

15 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I watched the UEFA cup final on a dodgy stick that was about 2 minutes behind.  My missus text me when Frankfurt equalised and I had to sit for 2 minutes knowing it was coming but not saying anything to my mates.  Was excruciating!!  Needless to say the phone was muted after that!

Reminds me of this top quality shitehousery:

8 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Haha aye I keep away from the chats til half time and full time usually, although most of us are in the same situation anyway

• 2 weeks later...

I read somewhere England will have 10 teams in Europe next season if the winners of all 3 competitions this year are English, every chance given they have the bookies favourite in all of them. It’s all about the money, money, money as Jesse J once sang

Edited by dan cake

Good result. We didn’t offer a great deal going forward but Benfica didn’t exactly put Butland under much pressure and slightly disappointed not to get the win given they needed a penalty and an OG to score. All set for a cracker next week. 

I know this won't be of interest to most people outside of OF fans on here but was reading about the likelihood of Scotland being overtaken buy Czech Republic and the ramifications of CL qualifying.  Czech's have 3 teams left in Europe this season while we obviously only have Rangers.  2 of the 3 Czech teams will likely go out so it comes down to Viktoria Plzen vs Rangers and if VP perform better the Czech's will overtake us in the rankings.  If that does happen, and Celtic win the league in 24/25 then they would need a qualifying round to reach the new format CL.  However, if Rangers win the league that season they would most likely qualify due to a new rule which favours club coefficient (Rangers are currently the highest ranked team outside of the top 7 countries).  So in perverse turn of events it's actually favourable for Celtic in the longer term for Rangers to stay in Europe as long as possible this season!