Europe 23/24 - Page 21 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

On a side note, the refereeing in Europe has been horrendous, sometimes made worse with the help of VAR or in last nights case VAR actually helped by overturning the laughable dive from the PAOK attacker

If VAR had done its job properly PAOK should've been a man down in the first half.

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VAR almost immediately evolved from what we were told it was brought in to assist - IE "clear and obvious errors".  When they are having to spend 5 minutes looking at a dozen different angles how can the referee or assistants possibly be expected to see that in real time.  I'd love to seem them change it so that if the VAR team can't reach a decision within 30-60 seconds of starting their review then the on field decision stands.  

5 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

The points on the board may not reflect it but the dons have given a good account of themselves in the conference league. I just hope they can pick up a win in the last two matches.

Definitely a case of what could have been in a lot of matches. the one that really annoys is the PAOK at home. That game was won until Robson made those changes and the ref screwed us

On a side note, the refereeing in Europe has been horrendous, sometimes made worse with the help of VAR or in last nights case VAR actually helped by overturning the laughable dive from the PAOK attacker

Both dives & rightly no penalties. A dive to get a penalty and/or someone sent off should result in the perpetrators receiving the same punishment as the player would’ve received if the penalty/red card was given, that might’ve stopped the paok players blatant diving.

3 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

VAR almost immediately evolved from what we were told it was brought in to assist - IE "clear and obvious errors".  When they are having to spend 5 minutes looking at a dozen different angles how can the referee or assistants possibly be expected to see that in real time.  I'd love to seem them change it so that if the VAR team can't reach a decision within 30-60 seconds of starting their review then the on field decision stands.  

Far too sensible. It's the offsides that particularly annoy me. A player is a toenail offside and the goal gets cancelled. When decisions are that marginal it's about poor defending or great attacking, the latter should be rewarded.

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, dan cake said:

I forgot how bad a commentator John Hartson is, there must be loads of ex players and Celtic minded media types available. 15 games without a win in the champions league, Lazio -1 👍

That's got me wondering 😄 At what point did this become a requirement? Remember when neutrality was a thing in football commentary. Far too much talking and "expert" opinion nowadays. Just tell us who is on the ball. 

9 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

That's got me wondering 😄 At what point did this become a requirement? Remember when neutrality was a thing in football commentary. Far too much talking and "expert" opinion nowadays. Just tell us who is on the ball. 

Sky do it for pretty much every game, Celtic Tv is less biased than Hartson

Thank fuck that’s over!

Failure to prepare = prepare to fail.

Well done to our plc board though. It fills me with pride to be able to go into work and tell everyone all about how we are totally winning the balance sheet cup cos that’s what really matters isn’t it 👍

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

A lifeline but can't see the dons taking anything from this game. 

You’re a very negative supporter. After the goal, we were the better team by a mile. A very accomplished second half performance, you should look at the positives once in a while.