Season 23/24 - Page 27 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

1 hour ago, Diamond Scot said:

You have to worry for Roofes career. Can only see him being offered a pay as you play deal whetever he goes next and his body doesnt seem capable of staying fit for some reason.

The challenge on Lundstum was as clear a red as you will see. The ref was 10 yards away, looking strqight at it. How he only thought it was a yellow should be a worry for his ability. 

Thought Rangers lacked creativety / movement in the final 3rd. Something they have struggled with for years. 

Im a source of laughter for my Rangers supporting mates now but I still think Lammers could be a good player. He seems to have all the attributes except pace. He has brilliant feet and can spot a pass etc however he just seems to have no quickness of the mind. He consistently does the technical part of action really well like a side step etc but then instead of getting the pass or shot away he takes ages as if he is still to decide what happens next and then he gets tackled or blocked. Not sure if thats something that can be coached or if he is just that way now.

Lammers pass completion rate must be in single digits.  The amount of time he gives the ball away is criminal and I'd be bringing Lowry back (if possible) and playing him ahead of Lammers every day of the week.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Lammers pass completion rate must be in single digits.  The amount of time he gives the ball away is criminal and I'd be bringing Lowry back (if possible) and playing him ahead of Lammers every day of the week.

I dont disagree, his all round stats must be very poor. From watching him it just looks like its not the technical side of his game thats lacking.

11 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Nothing will be done to the ref who postponed the Dundee v Aberdeen match. The game didn't feature either of the old firm so it doesn't matter 

The ref made the call that the match wasnt playable because of the weather. What do you think should be done to him? He is just doing his job.

People might say it should have been called off earlier but the same people would complain of a games called off early, the weather improves and the pitch is playable come kick off time.

Its rubbish for the fans but its been that way since the beginning of time.

The ref made the call that the match wasnt playable because of the weather. What do you think should be done to him? He is just doing his job.

People might say it should have been called off earlier but the same people would complain of a games called off early, the weather improves and the pitch is playable come kick off time.

He turned up late

Consulted no one / didn't follow protocol, and fucked off

3500 Dons fans in Dundee ( The team involved doesn't matter)

The Huns (that bits not relevant) TV game (that bit is) under far worse weather conditions previously went ahead

These cunts are taking the cunt out of us

Cormack / Burrows need to hound these fukers publicly 

Edited by Redz

He could've turned up on time and consulted the clubs like he was meant to do.

5 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Dundee announce a postponement 50 minutes before ko. Shocking way to treat fans, they should be hammered for this. 

Dundee say that the pitch was playable, the ref in question has previously called games off when the clubs have wanted them to go ahead. He also fucked up at Dens this season with a call that was called wrong by VAR, and then called wrong later by the SFA. The ref in question is a cunt.

1 hour ago, Redz said:

He turned up late

Consulted no one / didn't follow protocol, and fucked off

3500 Dons fans in Dundee ( The team involved doesn't matter)

The Huns (that bits not relevant) TV game (that bit is) under far worse weather conditions previously went ahead

These cunts are taking the cunt out of us

Cormack / Burrows need to hound these fukers publicly 

Genuine question as I dont know thw answer but is there a prescribed time for the officials to arrive by? Info is that he turned up at 1.40pm with other officials arriving earlier. 

What was the protocol that he didnt follow? I presume its only a courtesy that he consults with managers etc as the decision will ultimately rest with the officials. Apparently Robson said he was concerned with the state of the pitch when walking over it but that he wanted game to go ahead and felt for the fans.

If the ref hasnt followed some protocol then fair enough he should be sanctioned however why would a ref want to call a game off when he is already on site. Im pressuming they dont get paid as much if the game doesnt go ahead.

2 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Dundee say that the pitch was playable, the ref in question has previously called games off when the clubs have wanted them to go ahead. He also fucked up at Dens this season with a call that was called wrong by VAR, and then called wrong later by the SFA. The ref in question is a cunt.

Clubs will always want games to go ahead. The home team because they lose money if a game gets rescheduled and both teams as generally they can do without the fixture congestion. Thats why its left to the officials to decide.

39 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Genuine question as I dont know thw answer but is there a prescribed time for the officials to arrive by? Info is that he turned up at 1.40pm with other officials arriving earlier. 

What was the protocol that he didnt follow? I presume its only a courtesy that he consults with managers etc as the decision will ultimately rest with the officials. Apparently Robson said he was concerned with the state of the pitch when walking over it but that he wanted game to go ahead and felt for the fans.

If the ref hasnt followed some protocol then fair enough he should be sanctioned however why would a ref want to call a game off when he is already on site. Im pressuming they dont get paid as much if the game doesnt go ahead.

I'm not sure, however both clubs have said on record he was late

Again, both clubs have stated that consultation is the protocol

My understanding is that they get paid in full

Regardless, it's a feckin joke. The weather was poor, zero consideration was offered, 3500 (7000 in total?) turned up at their own expense, and no cunt is accountable for their loss

Nonsense

44 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Clubs will always want games to go ahead. The home team because they lose money if a game gets rescheduled and both teams as generally they can do without the fixture congestion. Thats why its left to the officials to decide.

The ball rolled freely over the area he had 'concerns' about

The weather was improving

Cove (Cove ffs) managed to delay their ko by 30 minutes to accommodate their game going ahead, with the paying public in mind

Arbroath, 12 miles away, managed no bother

Cunts

Ffs it’s literally an hour down the road 😂 all part of the establishments anti Aberdeen conspiracy.

I came on initially to moan about Celtic but these ‘woe is me’ sheepworriers have me beat again. There can’t be a more miserable support in Scotland!

Bravo 👏

5 minutes ago, slasher said:

I’m in favour 👍

I’d go for a 3 season trial to see if it works, reviewing and tweaking it every year to make it as viable as possible for fans and clubs alike. If it doesn’t work then fine at least we tried, for me potential negatives are far outweighed by the obvious positives. 

22 minutes ago, dan cake said:

I’d go for a 3 season trial to see if it works, reviewing and tweaking it every year to make it as viable as possible for fans and clubs alike. If it doesn’t work then fine at least we tried, for me potential negatives are far outweighed by the obvious positives. 

That’s a reasonable suggestion. Of course the big thing for the clubs would be the fiscal side of things, whether summer games vs winter shutdown = more or less income.

I think it would work in their favour but who knows how some of these clubs operate.

3 hours ago, Redz said:

The ball rolled freely over the area he had 'concerns' about

The weather was improving

Cove (Cove ffs) managed to delay their ko by 30 minutes to accommodate their game going ahead, with the paying public in mind

Arbroath, 12 miles away, managed no bother

Cunts

Im not defending the ref as I havent seen enough about the specific match today but why do you think he would call a game off if the pitch was clearly playable? Robson said he had concerns about the pitch and on Clyde 1 they were saying the away end goalmouth area was particuarly bad. I just cant see a reason why a ref would travel to a game and then cancel it for no real reason. 

Others games going ahead sometimes doesnt tell the full story. Is Dundee's pitch just not very good this season. As others have said, theres been a good few games where the pitch has been bad. I would suggest training on it to make a point probably wont help the pitch going forward.

I think it may be half fee and travel expenses to answer my own questiob about whether they get paid.