Season 23/24 - Page 66 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Yes, that's a shambles with the bronze licence announcement and Buckie learning they had been removed from the playoff against East Kilbride two days before the first leg was due to be played. Only in Scotland.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, morrie21 said:

Yes, that's a shambles with the bronze licence announcement and Buckie learning they had been removed from the playoff against East Kilbride two days before the first leg was due to be played. Only in Scotland.

i'd read on bbc site that one of the points they still had to meet was "diversity and inclusion" ...... they do realise its Buckie ? another one was floodlights , what utter bollocks

seemingly the League had written to them 3 or 4 times , but they say they were awaiting appeal or clarification or something

wonder if they ll change the rules again next season

i recall (although think this was SPL ?) with the 10k seater rule that messed up likes of Falkirk ; then ICT get promoted and hey presto allowed to share Pittodrie for a year , by which time the requirement is down to 6k seater stadium

On 4/26/2024 at 6:55 AM, Fairbairn said:

EK now go straight to the final against either Clyde or Bonnyrigg Rose. 

EK v Clyde would be interesting, given Clyde could once upon a time have been 'the' league club in EK.

But looks like Stranraer are on the bottom now.

13 hours ago, exile said:

EK v Clyde would be interesting, given Clyde could once upon a time have been 'the' league club in EK.

But looks like Stranraer are on the bottom now.

It will all be decided next Saturday. Clyde travel to Elgin holding a two point lead and a goal difference which is two better than Stranraer who host my club, Stenhousemuir.

Bonnyrigg Rose should be safe as they host Forfar with a three point cushion and a twelve goal healthier goal difference than Stranraer.

I could see all three fixtures ending in draws meaning Stranraer would need to better East Kilbride over two legs to save their SPFL status.

I'll probably go down to Stranraer next Saturday to watch Stenny. Nothing more than a kickabout for us, but I have a feeling Stranraer are Lowland League bound so it may be a while before we play them again. 

2 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

That was a bit of a grind again. If we somehow managed to fluke winning this league Celtic need have a right good look at themselves! 

Oh you won't!! James Forrest will never let that happen. Oh, and I see your Gaffer is moaning about the last six fixture list !!! Bottle setting in with you lot..  No disrespect FB, bit Rodgers knows what he is doing, Philip Flop hasn't a fuckin scoobie !!!!

19 hours ago, LoganRoy said:

These must be two of the poorest Old Firm teams in a long time. 

Have to agree. Even though we are grinding out results, our form has been poor for months. I don't know if it's Rodgers tactics, or the players just aren't good enough. It's painful to watch at times. Can't remember if the League winner goes into Champion League automatically, I know it has changed because of our poor results. In saying that, if we do win the league and go into CL, we will get absolutely mauled again.... We are a Europa side at best.. Can't comment on Sevco as they do well in Europe for some reason....

33 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Have to agree. Even though we are grinding out results, our form has been poor for months. I don't know if it's Rodgers tactics, or the players just aren't good enough. It's painful to watch at times. Can't remember if the League winner goes into Champion League automatically, I know it has changed because of our poor results. In saying that, if we do win the league and go into CL, we will get absolutely mauled again.... We are a Europa side at best.. Can't comment on Sevco as they do well in Europe for some reason....

The winners go straight in this season, runners up in to QR3.

Next season, I think of Rangers win the league they automatically qualify (unless there's a freak winner) where as Celtic would need to qualify. 

20240429_132957.jpg

27 minutes ago, LoganRoy said:

The winners go straight in this season, runners up in to QR3.

Next season, I think of Rangers win the league they automatically qualify (unless there's a freak winner) where as Celtic would need to qualify. 

20240429_132957.jpg

Cheers Logan..👍

45 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

What a walloper, that is a straight red 7 days a week !!! He should be fined just like Rodgers was for his comments..

Motherwell are appealing the red card. 😆 

3 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Motherwell are appealing the red card. 😆 

Motherwell manager said that McKenzie came flying into the Motherwell player after he had hooked the ball away & should have been a foul to Motherwell 😵‍💫 I don’t think he intentionally kicked McKenzie in his stomach but was still very reckless & deserved a red card.