Season 23/24 - Page 26 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, ger intae them said:

L7 😆

Russian lesbos?…….. nah, that was pussy rock……. we digress ……

L7 lead singer threw her used tampon into the crowd at the Reading festival when getting booed, no idea why this information lives in my head. I’m sure the drummer got her fanny out when they played on the “Word”

5 hours ago, EddardStark said:

£70m in the bank. Envious position to be in. Maybe complacency is embedded deep to Celtic. Rangers haven’t played well to get here but we’ve been resilient. I think if we had been in Celtics position we would have buried Celtic. 

Spot on 👍 and you can add arrogance to the complacency!

I was at my works Xmas do yesterday so didn’t see it but it came as no surprise.

15 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Is the world club cup the most pointless competition ever

Yeah, it's got to be up there. I know it is being expanded from 2025 - don't know the details as not too interested but think it is going to be 24 clubs (not sure on criteria for entry) and it will be in Saudi. Unsure how frequently it will happen.

10 minutes ago, morrie21 said:

Yeah, it's got to be up there. I know it is being expanded from 2025 - don't know the details as not too interested but think it is going to be 24 clubs (not sure on criteria for entry) and it will be in Saudi. Unsure how frequently it will happen.

32 teams, I think.

Even Celtic might get an invite to that? 🤣 🤣

7 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

32 teams, I think.

Even Celtic might get an invite to that? 🤣 🤣

There was a chance Rangers would have been included due to an early proposed criteria where it involved a teams contribution to their countries coefficient over the last X years and it was limited to one team per country however they are now going with a similar criteria but only on coefficient points earned in the CL.

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Is the world club cup the most pointless competition ever

The South American teams see it as an opportunity to have a go at Europes elite and show their leagues are not inferior, then again they also wet their nickers when one of their own wins the ballon d’Or. For Europes big boys it’s just a pain in the arse, no doubt financially very profitable (for the brand) 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

The old firm decide against away fans again. 😕 sigh

That’s not really what has happened. Celtic have refused to offer Rangers any tickets. Rangers started it by reducing Celtic’s allocation and the the whole thing has escalated in to a ridiculous tit for tat farce. 

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

That’s not really what has happened. Celtic have refused to offer Rangers any tickets. Rangers started it by reducing Celtic’s allocation and the the whole thing has escalated in to a ridiculous tit for tat farce. 

Then Hearts thought they were a big team and joined in with the nonsense.

24 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Don't think there can any dispute re the red or the penalty last night. The tackle on Lundstram has ruled him out until after the break. Roofe injured again. Can't really see a future for him at Ibrox. 

You have to worry for Roofes career. Can only see him being offered a pay as you play deal whetever he goes next and his body doesnt seem capable of staying fit for some reason.

The challenge on Lundstum was as clear a red as you will see. The ref was 10 yards away, looking strqight at it. How he only thought it was a yellow should be a worry for his ability. 

Thought Rangers lacked creativety / movement in the final 3rd. Something they have struggled with for years. 

Im a source of laughter for my Rangers supporting mates now but I still think Lammers could be a good player. He seems to have all the attributes except pace. He has brilliant feet and can spot a pass etc however he just seems to have no quickness of the mind. He consistently does the technical part of action really well like a side step etc but then instead of getting the pass or shot away he takes ages as if he is still to decide what happens next and then he gets tackled or blocked. Not sure if thats something that can be coached or if he is just that way now.