Euro qualifiers - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Wales humped at home to Armenia

According to multiple englis media sources, Trent Alexander Arnold is now the words greatest player after England thrashed Malta.

The Armenians looked really quite good in attack from the highlights. Dint know if they have a wee crop of good players at the mo. Didn’t look like a freak result 

• 5 months later...
7 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

another reason to get rid of VAR - they didn't even get the ref to look at it. Ukraine have been robbed

I always believed that UEFA officials were biased towards the larger TV audience countries in important games. The selective use of VAR just makes this all the more glaring. Either they quickly find a way to use it fairly and consistently or (preferably) they should end this failed project altogether.

• 3 months later...

The playoffs are tomorrow. 

Wales are playing at Cardiff City. Seems odd for such a big match. I would have expected that game to be at the principality 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Wales are playing at Cardiff City. Seems odd for such a big match. I would have expected that game to be at the principality 

Don't they play all their games there?

55 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Don't they play all their games there?

It is a weird one though - the last time they played at the Milennium/Principality was 2018 against Spain

You would think for a game like this they would go to the Principality as it would likely sell out

What may be an issue is that the lease to play there held by the FAW ended in 2020 and i'm not sure if they have taken out a new one - ergo they would need to pay a fair bit to play there now 

I think it's more to do with the fact that their record at Cardiff City stadium is very good, and they have cottoned onto the fact that qualifying for tournaments is much more important than a one off payday. Anfield was the biggest mistake they ever made.

14 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

If i was a Welsh fan/player, i'd rather play in a stadium that's absolutely rocking with 30,000 fans that are regular than play in a stadium they've not played in for years with all the regulars split up everywhere diluting the atmosphere. 

Bit like Darvel not moving their games to RP 😜

25 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

If i was a Welsh fan/player, i'd rather play in a stadium that's absolutely rocking with 30,000 fans that are regular than play in a stadium they've not played in for years with all the regulars split up everywhere diluting the atmosphere. 

Bit like Darvel not moving their games to RP 😜

You’ve still nae gotten over your cup thrashing from a team that couldn’t win a game then 😜

17 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

You’ve still nae gotten over your cup thrashing from a team that couldn’t win a game then 😜

I got over it fairly quickly, Saturday certainly erased that memory no end. 

That night at Darvel will be in your memory for a lot longer (and mine!)

13 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I got over it fairly quickly, Saturday certainly erased that memory no end. 

That night at Darvel will be in your memory for a lot longer (and mine!)

Aye it will, at least it’s pushed Stenhousemuir down my nightmare list 😜

21 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

Aye it will, at least it’s pushed Stenhousemuir down my nightmare list 😜

Ha, remember watching that live on TV if my memory serves me right. 

We all have those games we want to forget, i;d booked up for Belgrade and everything! 

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Ha, remember watching that live on TV if my memory serves me right. 

We all have those games we want to forget, i;d booked up for Belgrade and everything! 

Stenny was my son’s first away game, enough to put him of for life but he’s still going, then again his first Scotland away game was Prague for arsehole Leveins nae striker game of shame, think my sons a Jonah 😜

17 hours ago, Orraloon said:

I think it's more to do with the fact that their record at Cardiff City stadium is very good, and they have cottoned onto the fact that qualifying for tournaments is much more important than a one off payday. Anfield was the biggest mistake they ever made.

Swapping the Racecourse Ground for Ninian Park in '85 didn't do them any favours either!