Euro qualifiers - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I just had a look at the other groups as I've not paid much attention to any groups except scotland

England have a tougher group than they usually get. Italy and Ukraine will provide stiff challenges

Ireland have France and the Netherlands to overcome..........they're going to get horsed

Wales without Bale have Turkey and solvenia above them, not the toughest group in the world but Wales are on a downward slide now

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

Northern Ireland certainly done well group wise (Group H) considering they were drawn from a lower pot than us.

on paper I would agree but Northern Ireland are regressing too, I think they will struggle against Finland and Slovenia...................they will get battered by Denmark

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

I just had a look at the other groups as I've not paid much attention to any groups except scotland

England have a tougher group than they usually get. Italy and Ukraine will provide stiff challenges

Ireland have France and the Netherlands to overcome..........they're going to get horsed

Wales without Bale have Turkey and solvenia above them, not the toughest group in the world but Wales are on a downward slide now

Who goes through VA? Top 2? Or is it top then best 8 2nd.. I'm confused.....again !! 🙂

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Wales have got Croatia not Slovenia.

Italy started well then lost a goal and have been shite. Penalty is nonsense the defender had jumped and the ball comes down on his hand. The rule is utter shite.

Italy very slow and look clueless going forward. Can see some bookings for italy when they go down 4-0

19 minutes ago, dan cake said:

England ripping Italy apart 0-2 halftime, should have had a few more

Italy seem poor rather than England ripping them apart.

Their results since their Euro win have been poor (won 7; drawn 6; lost 5):

D	1-1	Bulgaria 		H	World Cup Qualifying
D	0-0	Switzerland		A	World Cup Qualifying
W	5-0	Lithuania 		H	World Cup Qualifying
L	1-2	Spain			H	Nations League SF
W	2-1	Belgium			H	Nations League 3rd Place
D	1-1	Switzerland		H	World Cup Qualifying
D	0-0	N Ireland		A	World Cup Qualifying
L	0-1	Macedoina		H	World Cup Qualifying
W	3-2	Turkey			A	Friendly
L	0-3	Argentina		N	Finalissima
D	1-1	Germany			H	Nations League 
W	2-1	Hungary			H	Nations League 
D	0-0	England			A	Nations League 
L	2-5	Germany			A	Nations League 
W	1-0	England			H	Nations League 
W	2-0	Hungary			A	Nations League 
W	3-1	Albania			A	Friendly
L	2-0	Austria			A	Friendly

They did have a number of older players in that Euro winning side. Evidently the players who have replaced them aren't as good.

12 minutes ago, Kirk said:

Italy started well then lost a goal and have been shite. Penalty is nonsense the defender had jumped and the ball comes down on his hand. The rule is utter shite.

Italy very slow and look clueless going forward. Can see some bookings for italy when they go down 4-0

If that's a penalty, then I'm the Pope.

8 hours ago, bonzo said:

First England win in Italy since 1961 and we all know what happened 5 years after that 😆😆

Seriously 😆, fucking clowns. They do have a ridiculously good qualifying record tho 1 lose in their last 6 campaigns. 

This England team squad is the most personable I remember. 
I think in Bellingham, Foden and Saka they already have top class. Do wish Foden a recovery. 
then I also like rashford too and at full on risk of English fanboy, wasn’t the harry kane cross ball to Saka for his goal so him , akin to that fukin equaliser at Hampshire 

9 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Michael O'Neill proving the analogy of "Never go back" still applies 

Northern Ireland 0 Finland 1

This Northern Ireland squad is significantly weaker than the side he had at their peak under him. They had a relative 'golden era' around 2016, which quickly subsided, with signs of that decline being evident before he left in 2019. They've simply returned to their normal level in my view.

5 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Here's the highlights

The 2nd Kazakhstan goal is wow

Aye that 2nd was something else and the 3rd was a peach as well.  I stopped watching at HT cos the game was done!  Glad I cashed out though.  🥲