SNP leadership election - Page 90 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

SNP leadership election

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

It's quite easy to tell you are enjoying this

i have no time for what the SNP have become.  So, yes, I will be pleased if they fall in to the abyss.  Hopefully the independence movement is reborn with a non far left outlook.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

I'm still willing to give Sturgeon a small benefit of doubt considering;

Since 1 April 2009, Scottish ministers, including the first minister, have voluntarily had their salaries frozen. Their actual pay remains at 2008-09 levels, and the difference between that and current Scottish Parliament recommended entitlements is given to the Scottish Government for public spending. 

That does not smack of someone who is knowingly participating in fraud or corruption with the membership

When Sturgeon and her cabal took over there was a humungous increase in membership and therefore finances - something that no other political party has ever had to contemplate - it must have been like Christmas every day

I'll bet that with the drastic drop in membership & finance, rather than cut back on their outgoings, they have used the ringfenced referendum funds to balance the books - and even then that wasnt enough

Why the fuck it needs a big tent outside Murrel's house and rumours of the National Crime Agency being involved i dont know

there is more to it, the police have sat on the dodgy going ons for long enough for them to think they were untouchable making them more reckless

35 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

there is more to it, the police have sat on the dodgy going ons for long enough for them to think they were untouchable making them more reckless

Not buying that until there is something definitive

"More" would mean the likes of money laundering or something akin to what McGarry was up to

14 minutes ago, phart said:

Seems almost performative now if digging up the garden. Unless they're pirates and buried the 600k.

Still cannot believe there was fraud for personal gain going on but after i posted i went and looked at what Craig Murray was saying;

"The mainstream media is widely reporting that the investigation relates to the missing 600,000 pounds Indyref2 fund. I understand that while that was the starting point, the allegations may now go much wider.

I am afraid that’s really all I can safely say today. Please be equally circumspect in comments."

Got an email from Humza. Doubt that was planned before today. 

‘’Today has obviously been a difficult day for the party, but we should never lose sight how far we’ve come. ‘’ 

Aye, and we are in the process of going right back again. 

1 hour ago, PapofGlencoe said:

I thought the talk of digging up the garden was a joke...

News saying they actually are.

Jeezus wept.

What the hell is going on?

Digging up garden etc could easily be a pretence that they are really trying hard. Not so mad given their behaviour in the Salmond "investigation"

12 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Got an email from Humza. Doubt that was planned before today. 

‘’Today has obviously been a difficult day for the party, but we should never lose sight how far we’ve come. ‘’ 

Aye, and we are in the process of going right back again. 

'All of us joined the SNP because we want independence' is my personal favourite from that mailshot

Too much going on so I'll hold off for now however, what an absolute shit show / open goal we appear to have given them

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

Still cannot believe there was fraud for personal gain going on but after i posted i went and looked at what Craig Murray was saying;

"The mainstream media is widely reporting that the investigation relates to the missing 600,000 pounds Indyref2 fund. I understand that while that was the starting point, the allegations may now go much wider.

I am afraid that’s really all I can safely say today. Please be equally circumspect in comments."

I actually trust what Craig says, I have some brilliant pals who are fellow snp members and they are still are in denial, one thinks it’s over a Shetland bye election finances but I hadn’t it in me to tell him the extent of it 

The IRA weee infiltrated by Mi5, imagine how difficult that would be. The snp are a bigger threat to the state than the IRA ever were. The chances of there being plants in the party is pretty much a given, who would the plants be? I have my opinion. Some have been set up to fail by plants 

2 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

image.thumb.jpeg.58cf7840f3b8d97637a65753449d3ade.jpeg

You might as well go for the hat-trick and post the photo of the new SNP tartan burka 

1 hour ago, Redz said:

'All of us joined the SNP because we want independence' is my personal favourite from that mailshot

Too much going on so I'll hold off for now however, what an absolute shit show / open goal we appear to have given them

I thought Humza initially joined because of their opposition to the Iraq war.

But anyway, aye, the SNP do appear to have given their opponents two enormous own goals to shoot at. As with the Salmond scandal I'm keeping an open mind; but it's strange that two hugely respected former leaders of a hugely successful political party, one that just so happens to pose an existential threat to the UK, both end up embroiled in major scandals. 

8 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

image.thumb.jpeg.58cf7840f3b8d97637a65753449d3ade.jpeg

🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

The IRA weee infiltrated by Mi5, imagine how difficult that would be. The snp are a bigger threat to the state than the IRA ever were. The chances of there being plants in the party is pretty much a given, who would the plants be? I have my opinion. Some have been set up to fail by plants 

What are your thoughts?

What really is galling to me is that the SNP famously had a rigerous vetting process for those that wanted to be candidates.

You'll remember Craig Murray being knocked back

Under Sturgeon something seems to have happened with that process considering some of the outright roasters that have been selected - Independence seems to have been pushed to the side when it came to criteria they should have 

However with regards the civil servants at Holyrood, who potentially are Unionist infiltrators, i dont think the SNP have any control over who they are - similar to Westminster Governments and their civil service

5 hours ago, Malcolm said:

i have no time for what the SNP have become.  So, yes, I will be pleased if they fall in to the abyss.  Hopefully the independence movement is reborn with a non far left outlook.

Not got a clue as to what this ‘far left outlook’ bollocks is you talk about .

Seems to some modern Tories that good olde feudal systems, pretty much wot we got, are the way to carry on. 
And the transsexual rights conflation with deviant paedophilic culture is the long preserve of the fascist right. Whatever they pretend to be. 

this snp money thing is paltry in comparison to lots of English councils scams. It’s not and never has been about that .

the other Shiite tho

41 minutes ago, scotlad said:

What are your thoughts?

There are folk in the snp government who are shepherding things not in the interest of independence and I wont pretend to know who, the lack of savvy has allowed other party members to be snookered and boxed into an impossible position, others are just so thick that they go along with whatever way the party is flowing. Incompetence doesn’t get us where we are as a party. There has been a drive to get the old gaurd and free thinking type of members to leave the party. Just look at the cabinet the last 4 years, who is the only person who has integrity and able to think for themselves? Forbes I think most would agree, so how did she get into that position of finance secretary? By default after the Derek McKay scandal, that’s the only reason she was allowed anywhere near government. She has always been looked at as a threat, who or what did she threaten 

12 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

However with regards the civil servants at Holyrood, who potentially are Unionist infiltrators, i dont think the SNP have any control over who they are - similar to Westminster Governments and their civil service

They don't. My mate works in civil service at WM. 

He's reported to Patel, Raab, you name them. He is furthest removed from being a Tory as you could be.