Indyref 2 (2) - Page 251 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Indyref 2 (2)

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, PapofGlencoe said:

With all that's left, I'm probably okay with Swinney.  He has more steel about him than he did 20 years ago.

And much more baggage 

If by steel you mean caving into pressure and u-turning on major decisions then he has that in abundance. If it was up to him ABBA would have been called CDDC 

Edited by DoonTheSlope

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know as much about Holyrood politics as many on the board. Would it be a decent assumption to say that if Swinney got in, he would be the political equivalent of a caretaker manager, the SNP's Peter Leven?

18 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

I don't know as much about Holyrood politics as many on the board. Would it be a decent assumption to say that if Swinney got in, he would be the political equivalent of a caretaker manager, the SNP's Peter Leven?

I'd compare it to Walter Smith taking over from Berti Vogts. A steady hand, but unlikely to be a long term appointment.

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

I'd compare it to Walter Smith taking over from Berti Vogts. A steady hand, but unlikely to be a long term appointment.

Yes that's a better analogy. Humza like Berti, nice guy but not quite up to it.

Edited by Hertsscot

2 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

You could say that about any party leader. 🤣

1 minute ago, phart said:

I see Craig Murray has joined George Galloways party.

Aye, he said something about only agreeing to do it if Galloway stayed out of the Scottish independence debate. Which George apparently agreed to. 

7 minutes ago, phart said:

I see Craig Murray has joined George Galloways party.

I'm not sure if they're standing in tomorrow's local elections down south but they could potentially take votes from Labour. Monty Panasaar, the England cricketer is also standing for that party. 

Posted (edited)

A quick scroll through social media it looks as though Kate won’t get the gig because of her Christian beliefs as some look likely to rebel while others have threatened to leave the party if she becomes FM. Many of whom endorsed useless

Maybe they should ask Humzas mates down at the mosque what they think about those same religious reasons that are being used to beat Kate Forbes potential campaign with

What a horrible backward country we live in. Bigotry and prejudice is still alive and kicking

Edited by DoonTheSlope
When one is on ones high horse one’s spelling must be completely flawless

9 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

I'm not sure if they're standing in tomorrow's local elections down south but they could potentially take votes from Labour. Monty Panasaar, the England cricketer is also standing for that party. 

I just read about it 25 minutes ago. I had no idea. I'm ill and avoiding doing anything of use. So decided to see what news i have missed in the last 3 months. I thought it was an april fools joke to start with Murray.

2 minutes ago, phart said:

I just read about it 25 minutes ago. I had no idea. I'm ill and avoiding doing anything of use. So decided to see what news i have missed in the last 3 months. I thought it was an april fools joke to start with Murray.

Aye, he announced a few weeks ago that he is standing in Blackburn. It didn't get much publicity obviously. Craig Murray isn't as famous as Galloway, so has no chance of winning, but it will be interesting to see how many votes they get.

5 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

A quick scroll through social media it looks as though Kate won’t get the gig because of her Christian beliefs as some look likely to rebel while others have threatened to leave the party if she becomes FM. Many of whom endorsed useless

Almost 80,000 members have left the SNP since it's peak

In that context the fucks threatening to leave the party is miniscule 

8 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Maybe they should ask Humzas mates down at the mosque what they think about those same religious reasons that are being used to beat Kate Forbes potential campaign with

What a horrible backward country we live in. Bigotry and prejudice is still alive and kicking

It's mental. 

3 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Almost 80,000 members have left the SNP since it's peak

In that context the fucks threatening to leave the party is miniscule 

let’s hope so.  I could be tempted to vote for the SNP led by someone like Kate Forbes.  

12 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

they should leave and join the greens.  A home for them there.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

It's mental. 

I said it in another post, but we really do get the country we deserve.

In any normal country, after a near-disastrous head of government was preparing to leave office, there would be a clamour to install the best person for the job. However, some of Scotland's prominent churnalists - Farquharson, Hassan, Hutcheon - have declared Forbes unsuitable to be FM for no other reason than her religious faith. I'd really hoped we'd moved past that, but, of course, for most of our press it isn't in the interests of those paying their wages for Scotland to have an effective government, especially one led by the SNP.

1 hour ago, scotlad said:

I said it in another post, but we really do get the country we deserve.

In any normal country, after a near-disastrous head of government was preparing to leave office, there would be a clamour to install the best person for the job. However, some of Scotland's prominent churnalists - Farquharson, Hassan, Hutcheon - have declared Forbes unsuitable to be FM for no other reason than her religious faith. I'd really hoped we'd moved past that, but, of course, for most of our press it isn't in the interests of those paying their wages for Scotland to have an effective government, especially one led by the SNP.

As previously said, you'd never have jews, muslims or hindu's spoken about like that (rightly so) but if somebody is Christian all of a sudden their faith is an issue to govern?

I'm not religious in the slightest BTW. 

5 hours ago, Toepoke said:

If I had to put a bet on the likelihood of either Walter Smith (RIP) taking us to a major tournament or John Swinney leading a successful SNP election campaign my money would still not be on Swinney.

Can I assume that the intention is that whoever gets the gig will lead the SNP to the next election ? If so, can you imagine JS  coping with the media and opposition? He can hardly cope with a Question Time audience. He is TOO nice. 

14 hours ago, Toepoke said:

He's clearly oblivious to the job Rishi and pals are not doing...

d5a461c0-06b2-11ef-b9d8-4f52aebe147d.jpg

It honestly beggars belief.

My husband was moaning his head off when he opened it yesterday, quote ‘ if I had known it was 18 pages ( yes, 18) of Humza shit I wouldn’t have bought it. ‘ 

Well , heres an idea, why don’t you read a paper that isnt funded by right wing lying scumbags. 

10 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

It honestly beggars belief.

My husband was moaning his head off when he opened it yesterday, quote ‘ if I had known it was 18 pages ( yes, 18) of Humza shit I wouldn’t have bought it. ‘ 

Well , heres an idea, why don’t you read a paper that isnt funded by right wing lying scumbags. 

They are all quite hysterical about it. Very unhinged behaviour. 

26 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

It really is. The columnists they hire confirm that. 

That's the Scottish edition. I'm wondering whether they'll ask Neill for his views on the tomorrow's council elections in England. Everyone thinks his beloved Tories will get hammered, I'd like to see what he says about the verdict of English voters. 

9 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

As previously said, you'd never have jews, muslims or hindu's spoken about like that (rightly so) but if somebody is Christian all of a sudden their faith is an issue to govern?

I'm not religious in the slightest BTW. 

As I said on the other thread, it's not so much that she's Christian; the objection some people have is that she apparently said she would not have voted for gay marriage, therefore is seen as not supporting a fair society for all, so is at best divisive, at worst homophobic. 

8 minutes ago, exile said:

As I said on the other thread, it's not so much that she's Christian; the objection some people have is that she apparently said she would not have voted for gay marriage, therefore is seen as not supporting a fair society for all, so is at best divisive, at worst homophobic. 

it wasn’t so long ago that the whole tartan army was homophobic with a song about our friend Jimmy Hill.

Whilst she personally might not of voted for gay marriage I believe that she would have brought it to a vote if leader.  She sees beyond her own religious views.