Indyref 2 (2) - Page 126 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Indyref 2 (2)

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Squirrelhumper said:

Aye its a big conspiracy against poor Nicola. 

Her resignation was nothing to do with this. 

I am only going by what has happened to the other two. Its a fair guess and probably what will happen . You are assuming I am on her side which is completely wrong. I have no idea if she is guilty or not,  I am not privy to what the evidence is. I have no doubt whatsoever she resigned because of this, but that does not automatically make someone guilty. The problem with disliking someone so much is the same as adoring someone too much. 

Lets see what happens. 

13 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I am only going by what has happened to the other two. Its a fair guess and probably what will happen . You are assuming I am on her side which is completely wrong. I have no idea if she is guilty or not,  I am not privy to what the evidence is. I have no doubt whatsoever she resigned because of this, but that does not automatically make someone guilty. The problem with disliking someone so much is the same as adoring someone too much. 

Lets see what happens. 

One level headed person on here.  Let’s see what happens and what evidence- if any - is led.  

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

Lets see what happens. 

There isn't much you can do when folk invent arguments then argue against them.

I'm certainly interested to see what has been done and not done.

On 6/8/2023 at 12:47 PM, Orraloon said:

Do you think those things will be in their manifesto?

Not. A. Chance.

Labour will pledge to keep all the popular things the SNP have brought in while trying to convince people they can run the government better. It might contradict head office policy but it will be worth it to pacify the dozy jocks while simultaneously using Scotland's resources to power Labour's public energy company (this is assuming they win the next GE).

However, if Sarwar finds himself in a scenario where he needs the support of the Tories and Liberals to get into Bute House, some or all of those pledges would likely be ditched. And if that happened, a lot of people in this country would be in for a very rude awakening.

38 minutes ago, scotlad said:

Labour will pledge to keep all the popular things the SNP have brought in while trying to convince people they can run the government better. It might contradict head office policy but it will be worth it to pacify the dozy jocks while simultaneously using Scotland's resources to power Labour's public energy company (this is assuming they win the next GE).

I'm very sceptical about Labours public energy company. On the basis of my lifetime experience all that would happen is if Labour set it up then the Tories will privatise it when voters in England vote them back in. We really are better out the Union and no matter how good Labour are (and I don't think much of them at present) the underlying problem remains. As long as Scotland remains in this union Scotland will be plundered, that's what history teaches.

11 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

I'm very sceptical about Labours public energy company. On the basis of my lifetime experience all that would happen is if Labour set it up then the Tories will privatise it when voters in England vote them back in. We really are better out the Union and no matter how good Labour are (and I don't think much of them at present) the underlying problem remains. As long as Scotland remains in this union Scotland will be plundered, that's what history teaches.

Spot on. 👍

AFAIK Regan, Thomson and McNeil are the only ones so far to publicly say that Sturgeon should be suspended from the SNP

So it will be one of them if any

No chance of it being Forbes