Indyref 2 (2) - Page 98 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Indyref 2 (2)

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

100% but giving them as much influence as they have has been her undoing IMO.

Never saw the press conference. Whsy was her reason(s)?

I guess a lot of that is due to the nature of the electoral system for Holyrood. If elections were FPTP then the SNP may not have needed to invite the Greens into Government.

49 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

I think that’s a matter of opinion and debate.  

Maybe the Scottish public just don’t care enough. You could argue that the Indyref 2014 was a gift from the gods, but the people just didn’t want independence. 

Scotland potentially not being in the EU as a result of independence was a major part of the argument against independence in 2014 - a major barrier for many people - so to see that blow-up in the faces of people who made that argument less than two years later was an unexpected gift for the SNP.  One of the major scare stories against independence dissolved overnight.

Maybe the people just didn't want independence, maybe they still don't, but that doesn't quite tally with pro-independence parties continuing to dominate Scottish politics.  The best way to clarify that would be a referendum but that's not going to happen any time soon. 

There are too many cunts in Scotland - that's the crux of it

The SNP under Sturgeon could have given everyone in Scotland £1000 a week plus free beer and there would still be cunts

Breaking the spell of 300 years of brainwashing, bigotry and the onslaught of London media daily is a barrier i doubt we will ever cross

2 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

The SNP under Sturgeon could have given everyone in Scotland £1000 a week plus free beer and there would still be cunts

Breaking the spell of 300 years of brainwashing, bigotry and the onslaught of London media daily is a barrier i doubt we will ever cross

the party didnt help itself.  Aligning with the greens has been a strategic error 

I don't know about you lot but despite my criticisms of her I feel extremely pissed off that she has just decided to walk away. There must have been a lot more going on in the background.

Shes decided to walk away having left us in the middle of nowhere on the issue of independence whilst leaving the party in the mirth of battle around the gender recognition legislation. What a fucking mess, and she just decides to walk away? It was clear she had no plan whatsoever and internal pressures were getting too much for her.

What a fucking joke, everyone else is left to try and clean up this shit show.

Edited by Freeedom

3 minutes ago, Freeedom said:

I don't know about you lot but despite my criticisms of her I feel extremely pissed off that she has just decided to walk away. There must have been a lot more going on in the background.

Shes decided to walk away having left us in the middle of nowhere on the issue of independence whilst leaving the party in the mirth or battle around the gender recognition legislation. What a fucking mess, and she just decides to walk away? It was clear she had no plan whatsoever and internal pressures were getting too much for her.

its ok aaid will be along to tell everyone how good a job shes done..

55 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

When you factor in policies like scrapping university tuition fees, scrapping prescription charges, introducing the Scottish Child payment and introducing free bus travel for the over 60s and under 21s, while that doesn't quite amount to £1k per week it has helped save a lot of people a few quid.  Despite that, there are still plenty of people - often including those who benefit from those policies - who would rather gouge their own eyes out with a teaspoon than give the SNP government even the most cursory credit for any of it.

She gas gone at the right time for herself. You can see by her demeanour that a huge weight has been lifted off her shoulders. She deserves credit for what she has achieved and I wish her all the best in her future exploits. Now we will see if those who have been calling for her head were right. She has been instrumental in holding a very divided country together through this winter of potential industrial action. Let's see what happens with that now. It's going to be a very hard job for the next leader whoever that is. 

25 minutes ago, Freeedom said:

Shes decided to walk away having left us in the middle of nowhere on the issue of independence whilst leaving the party in the mirth of battle around the gender recognition legislation. What a fucking mess, and she just decides to walk away? It was clear she had no plan whatsoever and internal pressures were getting too much for her.

I might be guilty of mistaken identity here, but were you not one of the people wanting her to go?

2 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

She would be my choice.

She has no chance, putting to one side that she's very unpopular - her support such that it is comes from those who are not in the party and don't have a vote.

She is an MP and it would be practically impossible for her - or any MP for that - to become leader of the SNP without also taking on the role of FM, which you can obviously not do it you are not an MSP.   

Winnie Ewing has more chance than Cherry.

5 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

She would be my choice.

I think I would prefer somebody younger, but Kate Forbes might just be a wee bit too young, and I'm not sure she would want the job at this time. We will probably looking at another new leader in 4 or 5 years time so that might be the right time for Kate Forbes?